Print

Author Topic: Dark World's Darkness  (Read 2711 times)

« on: September 15, 2001, 05:42:10 PM »
I've always wondered, is dark world(land) dark all day and all night or is it sunny in the daytime?

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it's a matter of common sense! (half empty or half full?)

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2001, 06:20:56 PM »
Well, I think that Dark Land is in perpetual Darkness, as has been the trend with wherever Bowzer dwells. We saw in Super Mario World that the area around his castle was always dark with an occasional bolt of lightning.  Also, all the levels in Dark Land had dark skies, giving the impression of perpetual darkness.

Then again, if the background gave us any idea of the amount of sun/moon light, worlds 1-7 would be arid wastelands and world 8 a frozen tundra.

By the way, I'm new :?)

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2001, 10:24:03 PM »
good theory, and welcome aboard

"I''ll never look back, I''''ve got no regrets. ''Cause time doesn''''t wait for me...I choose to go my own way." - Sonic the Hedgehog
"I''ll never look back, I''''ve got no regrets. ''Cause time doesn''''t wait for me...I choose to go my own way." - Sonic the Hedgehog

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2001, 01:44:49 PM »
But  where is BOwser's Keep from SMRPG? Is that in Dark Land? I can't really remember. It was daytime in the day there. Look on this site:
http://www.angelfire.com/tx/mrpg/images/groovykeep.gif

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it's a matter of common sense! (half empty or half full?)

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2001, 09:04:41 PM »
Well, I guess in addition to my previous post, I should add that it's really wherever Bowser builds his Keep for the particular game that is plunged into darkness.  Although it may not be called "Dark Land" in SMRPG, we can assume it from the fact that the only "light" that we see in SMRPG is from the giant sword cutting through the dark clouds.

Also, if I were Bowser, I would relocate my keep whenever Mario kicked my ass.  So if that's the case, then the only "Dark World" is the area directly around wherever he lives. Pretty cool FX.

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2001, 04:38:01 PM »
There is also a point at the end of Super Mario RPG after you beat Smithy when they show Bowser rebuilding his castle. There is a big hole in the wall and you can see outside. It's bright as day out. Now that's kinda hard to explain.
"Fate has no forgiveness for those who dare stand against it"

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2001, 08:35:39 PM »
Well, Bowser wasn't even all that evil in SMRPG (thank goodness), so he wasn't really in control of his castle at the time, except for trying to rebuild it. Now since everything became PEACEFUL after Smithy was defeated, that would explain why it's a bright day out. Doesn't mean anything Bowser is near is dark.

But then again, since Square was making this (and they ended up inventing cool allies and enemies), only they would know. I still think it's bright out because peace has returned to the land.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2001, 01:36:43 PM »
Maybe its like Alaska, six months of perpetual dark and six months of perpetual light.

Print