Print

Author Topic: Complete List Of Smash Bros. Melee Characters  (Read 6064 times)

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2001, 05:31:48 PM »
Ah, Mr. Game & Watch... let me refresh your memory, SuperWario.

Back in the early 1980s, before Nintendo released the NES, they made small little portable games in a series called Game & Watch.

Actually, I was born in 1985, so I completely missed out on it. But anyway, these small portable games became popular, with classics like Fire and Manhole.

(in case you haven't noticed, there's the Game & Watch Gallery series on Game Boy that relives some of those old games)

The old versions had a nameless black guy for the character you controlled, like with Oil Panic, Manhole, Judge, etc.

So now Nintendo has brought that guy into Smash Bros. Melee. Judging from the different screenshots of the player select screen, Mr. Game & Watch won't be that easy to unlock (since only one screen shows it).

Mr. Game & Watch is said to have limited frames of animation (homage to G&W) as well as have a stage that looks like one of the old games (so your characters are in a small flat area).

I'm interested in seeing how he turns out, although a lot of people over at smashworld.org seem to hate him.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2001, 07:46:46 PM »
I've heard of the famous Game and Watch games (it was called a Game and Watch since it had a game and it telled time). I just didn't know about the character himself.

Somebody set up us the bomb-omb.
Somebody set up us the bomb-omb.

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2001, 08:24:37 AM »
Brit!! There Are Only 20 Characters!!!!!
No Pichu
No Young Link
No Mr Game
No Watch
No Falco

WHEM MUSHROOMS POP UP I'M AROUND!!!
Hello.

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2001, 03:16:33 PM »
I'm sorry, you stupid MARIO MASTER 3000, aka TATANGA'S REVENGE, aka ****, but it actually says "over 20", not "20"

You fool.

When your fingers and hands turn blue, you''ll now that I am there, watching you.

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2001, 04:25:16 PM »
I can't believe they censored ****!

"Frostbite, what are your favorite 60's TV actors?"

Well, I like **** Van Dyke, from the **** Van Dyke show, and **** York and **** Sergeant, from Bewitched.

Not really, just trying to make a point that you shouldn't censor ****.

When your fingers and hands turn blue, you''ll now that I am there, watching you.

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2001, 04:27:11 PM »
And ****, besides that Mr. Game & Watch is one person, not two!

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2001, 04:29:02 PM »
And ****, I don't think penguinwizard is British, otherwise he would've spelt rumor "rumour".

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2001, 04:35:47 PM »
Do you know the word in which was censored?
In this poem I will tell.
Can you find out what it is?
Kangaroos jump very well.

(As if you couldn't find it out from the 60's TV show hint)

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2001, 05:29:54 PM »
I guess I should fill in the ''Country'' part of my profile then.

Just a FYI, I'm not British. I live in the United States, in Washington state (WA, not District of Columbia).
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2001, 05:43:59 PM »
FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I Hate Frostbite
Hello.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2001, 03:18:09 AM »
What about **** Clark or **** Cheney?

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2001, 08:53:52 PM »
hey Deezy! pleasent surprize seeing you here! i have not seen you in ages, keep up the good work
CANADA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2001, 06:24:43 PM »
All of the original characters from SSB are in Melee, and there are also 11 secret characters in the game, making a grand total of *25* characters.
Secret Characters and their origins:
Luigi(Various Mario games)
Jigglypuff(Pokémon games)
Ganondorf(Legend of Zelda)
Young Link(Legend of Zelda
Dr. Mario(Dr. Mario)
Marth(Fire Emblem(JAP))
Roy(Fire Emblem(JAP))
Mewtwo(Pokémon)
Pichu(Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal)
Mr. Game & Watch(Game & Watch)
Falco(Star Fox)