Print

Author Topic: Mario Dolphin  (Read 5974 times)

« on: June 16, 2000, 06:31:16 PM »
Okay, tell me honestly, are you excited? What do you wish to be in it? My dream list is-

No Princess Kidnapping
Co-Op
Mulit-Player
On-Line Play
Dialouge where people SPEAK
A Create A Player, sorta like PD's Create a Player. Pick from person, Yoshi, Shroom, ect.
An actual story

Any thing else?

VelvetDark007
-Likes- Mario, Nintendo, Legend of Dragoon and Neo Geo Pocket Color
-Dislikes- Uhhh...

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2000, 08:45:35 PM »
Mario Dolphin wish list?

For starters, Princess kidnapping is a must.  With the exception of SMB2 and YI, that has been the conflict in all of the main Mario games!  As for storyline, who says the past Mario games don't have storylines?  Just because we aren't flooded with labyrinthine plot lines (like Final Fantasy) doesn't mean that Mario games have no substance to them.

You have to dig deep!  Why is it that game after game, Bowser kidnaps Peach.  And game after game, Mario rescues her?  There's a lot of underlying emotion there!  Imagine the mental anguish felt by Bowser each time his plans are fouled up by Mario's superiority or the incompetency of his own minions!!!

Sorry, got a little carried away there...
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2000, 10:34:58 PM »
Here's what I want:
1) A plot: something a little more than "Peach gets kidnapped, Mario rescues Peach"
2) Personalities: sure, they may be 3D, but their characters are completely flat. I want some emotion!
3) Ummm.... stuff

I Don't Suffer from Insanity -- I'm a Carrier
I Don't Suffer from Insanity -- I'm a Carrier

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2000, 05:48:54 PM »
I think that if it isnt Really good, it shouldnt happen. It seems that the games are just getting worse and worse!!! Super Mario 1,2,3,RPG, and RPG2 were great, but Super Mario 64 sucked!!!!! Do you agree?

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2000, 11:28:26 PM »
yes i agree it wasnt that good and why stars. stars have nothing to do with peach getting stolen. and yoshi is at the end of the game YOSHI y not luigi. hes marios brother for crying out loud

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2000, 01:46:00 PM »
I say the next game should be like a 3-D version of "Super Mario Bros. 3" or "Super Mario World," not an off-the-wall game with totally foreign mechanics like "Super Mario Bros. 2," "Yoshi's Island," or "Super Mario 64."  There should be 4 players, the same as "Mario 2" (it wasn't all bad) and you ride Yoshi, not play him.  
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2000, 05:36:47 PM »
I have to agree with Mega 2. I just seem to have more fun playing regular Mario games rather than other Mario games of a different style like Super Mario 64 and Mario Party 2 (Hey - the Japanese Mario Party is...cool!). The Princess plot - it's a classic. Nothing needs changing there. 4 players would be nice, but I don't jump for joy about internet play. That's pressing it a little. Let's stay a little truer to the originals.
Woohoo.

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2000, 06:04:11 PM »
I think Mario for the Dolphin should have a kind of "DK64" basis..meaning more than 2 people, like SMB2.

It should also be more like the older NES/SNES games, unlike Mario 64. It should have all the old power-ups, and there should be WARP PIPES!! (I know there was one in SM64...but...oh, shut up!)

There should be worlds from SMB3, and of course very, very good 3D graphics.

And...a partially different story line. Peach would help..and..the conflict would be that the Mushroom Kingdom's citizens are getting mugged or something...

and..one minor detail...LUIGI!!!!!

Mama-mia!!

-Luigi

I'm-a Luigi, number-a one!
Do my funky dance, Oy Oy Oy!

*does victory dance after SSB fight*

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2000, 09:33:42 AM »
Here's my list:

1. Princess gets kidnapped more than once (Mario rescues Princess but then finds out she is in another castle: SMB1)

2. Bowser throws hammers AND spits fire (SMB1)

3. More enemies (1 Chain Chomp in SM64 wasn't enough...)

4. Luigi (he wasn't in SM64 or in SMRPG...)

5. Yoshi should be ridden/playable (you only saw him for 2 seconds in SM64...)

6. Koopa Kids return (they haven't been in a Mario game since SMW and SMB3).

7. Harder and more challenging bosses.

8. More items (Tanooki Suit, Frog Suit, Hammer Suit, etc.)

That's all.

Mario Maniac!!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2000, 09:33:46 AM »
Here's my list:

1. Princess gets kidnapped more than once (Mario rescues Princess but then finds out she is in another castle: SMB1)

2. Bowser throws hammers AND spits fire (SMB1)

3. More enemies (1 Chain Chomp in SM64 wasn't enough...)

4. Luigi (he wasn't in SM64 or in SMRPG...)

5. Yoshi should be ridden/playable (you only saw him for 2 seconds in SM64...)

6. Koopa Kids return (they haven't been in a Mario game since SMW and SMB3).

7. Harder and more challenging bosses.

8. More items (Tanooki Suit, Frog Suit, Hammer Suit, etc.)

That's all.

Mario Maniac!!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2000, 11:42:43 AM »
Actually, the kids were in Yoshi's Safari...
Woohoo.

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2000, 01:15:17 PM »
MY 2.358345 cents...

Things that should be in the next Mario...

1. Magic Mushroom, Fire Flower, and some sort of flight thingy.

2. 2 player goodness. And no wierd side games like K64.

3. 3Dness. I don't want to totally return to classic NES stuff here.

4. Ridable Yoshi. 'Nuff said.

5. Secrets, secrets, secrets. As if we wouldn't get this...

6. More enemies. Now that we can handle it, we can finally have lots of enemy bashing.

Things that wouldn't matter to me (no increase or decrease in game coolness):

1. Detailed plot. If it's not an RPG, I'll take any thing that lets me romp and fun.

umm... that's it.

-Yoshi348  <--- Patiently waiting for a video of the SM128 Demo.

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2000, 01:15:45 PM »
Pikachu.

Edited by - Yoshi348 on 8/25/00 7:44:57 PM

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2000, 01:16:12 PM »
I hate errors that still post...

Edited by - Yoshi348 on 8/25/00 7:43:51 PM

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2000, 07:44:08 AM »
Dude, post once and not three times >_<

I think that SMB3 was too short, the levels were measly and easy, and even though it expanded on the storyline, it was silly.

The Princess can be captured all she wants, but I like to see the Mario world expanding, I like to see new characters and lands and explanations of things.

I -don't- want Nintendo to screw up a potentially excellent game because they are worried no-one will buy it if the Princess gets kidnapped. Jeez, does it really matter? Nintendo makes excellent games, why does it matter who gets saved at the end.

As for Final Fantasy style plots, they're good to a certain degree, but I get sick of over-complexities. It's not needed, frankly.

Fryguy - summoned from the flame
Ralph Wiggum "I bent my wookie!"
Wolverine "This is... a big round room!"
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

Print