Print

Author Topic: The Yoshi Connection  (Read 3777 times)

« on: June 28, 2000, 10:04:29 AM »
Did anybody notice how similar the Yoshis are to the Chocoboes? They are both rided on like horses, and come in different colors. The only really big diffrences (besides the bird/dinosaur thing) is the fact that Chocobo dosn't eat everything. But the fact is, there is a type of Chocobo called Chubby/Fat Chocobo that eats everything too! SO did Miyamoto have a certian bird in mind when he created the green dragon we all love, or is merely a conwinsidensee?

Kweeh! Forget Whark! Kweeh! Is better!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2000, 02:53:04 PM »
Hmm... good point.  Now, which Final Fantasy game did Chocobo first appear in?  It was FFV, right?  That game didn't come out until 1992, whereas Yoshi has been showing up in games since at least 1988 (if my memory serves me).  Of course, I'm not a devoted player of Final Fantasy, so I don't know for sure as far as dates and first appearances go.

If you see errors, please correct me.
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2000, 06:59:08 PM »
The First Chocobo appeared in a game that was released in America, FF2J for the NES. I don't the date for that, sorry.

Kweeh! Forget Whark! Kweeh! Is better!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2000, 01:31:22 PM »
Ohh... so Chocobo has been around for quite some time.  I'll never look at Yoshi the same  way again!  :)
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2000, 04:55:57 PM »
Which came first, Yoshi or Kirby?  Whichever came out after is a ripoff of the first.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

Print