Print

Author Topic: T-U-R-T-L-E Power!!! New TMNT Series!!!  (Read 5047 times)

« on: May 07, 2002, 08:28:11 PM »
FROM TOONZONE!NEW YORK--(ENTERTAINMENT WIRE)--May 7, 2002-- 4Kids Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: KDE - news) and Mirage Licensing, Inc., the holder of the rights to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, announced today that 4Kids will produce twenty-six (26) episodes of a new animated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles television series.

The new Ninja Turtles series is scheduled to premiere in the first quarter of 2003 on the Fox Saturday Morning Block programmed by 4Kids. In addition to producing the television series, 4Kids will also serve as the exclusive merchandise licensing agent for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles property worldwide.

"We are delighted to be working with Peter Laird, the co-creator of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, to introduce the Ninja Turtles to a new generation of fans," said Al Kahn, Chairman and CEO of 4Kids Entertainment. "The Ninja Turtles property enjoys worldwide popularity and we expect the new Ninja Turtles series to be must see TV for kids around the globe. There has always been tremendous interest in the Turtles and we expect that the master toy licensee, Playmates Toys, Inc., will quickly be joined by other leading children's merchandise companies around the globe in supporting the re-launch of the Ninja Turtles."

"We are thrilled to partner with 4Kids to produce a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series," said Gary Richardson, CEO of Mirage. "4Kids has established itself as a leading producer of quality children's entertainment with such shows as Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! at the top of the children's television ratings. 4Kids also enjoys a stellar reputation as a leading merchandise licensing agent."

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were created in May 1984 when Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman published a forty page black and white comic book. The original Ninja Turtles animated series debuted in 1987. It was the #1 children's television show throughout the late 1980's and early `90's. Ninja Turtles merchandise licensees, including master toy licensee Playmates Toys and videogame licensee Konami were also enormously successful, selling in excess of $1 billion in sales at retail for toys, videogames and other merchandise within all product categories.

"In reintroducing the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I am pleased to say that 4Kids will be going back to the Turtles' comic book roots," said Peter Laird, co-creator of the Turtles. "We anticipate that the new Ninja Turtles seres will contain the same irreverent contemporary humor and compelling action sequences that the Turtles are famous for, updated for the 21st century."

So is this the Coolest or What?!!!! Oh ya Baby!!! ^o^
200 characters and nothing to say.

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2002, 01:42:03 PM »
YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
and yet
NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

i am SO FRAGGIN' EXCITED that they're having a new show!!!!!
but i'm so fraggin' worried that it will be ruined by 4kids because of their name...4kids

tv today is way too censored and they had better not do that to my turtles!!

here's hoping it's a great show!!!!!!
i can't wait to see it!!!!

_0-/<______________
who wants to buy a skunkle?
_0-/<):________________
Y8FooD...well, you did

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2002, 10:42:23 PM »
4kids is an all right company... hey, it's a whol lot better than Saban!
What'chu talkin' bout, Dextah?

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2002, 01:52:33 PM »
saban, pah, i remember power rangers

hey, mmm, you've gotta let us know if you find out anything else about the show
and maybe give us a website where we could see info and pics or whatever they have

_0-/<______________
Y8FooD...well, you did

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2002, 02:01:31 PM »
I used to live that show like um....7 years ago. I may just have to watch it.

Mario and Yoshi rule!
http://www.geocities.com/chauncey7175/Yoshies_Super_Island.html is a great Place for Yoshi! Ps.Visit the message board! note:Im also Ludwig Von Koopa as well as SuperYoshi7175. Ps.again Ok Join the Mario Clan the only clan totally devoted to Mario!
Should I put something here?

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2002, 09:44:34 PM »
When I said Saban, it was sort of an inside joke.  You know, NT:TNM?  That show was awful! I love the Turtles in any way, shape or form, but that was a bit too much...

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2002, 02:09:28 PM »
oh yeah, the next mutation <those turtles must have done some serious crunches, man>

that show WAS awful!
and yet, i still wathced it and forced myself to like it, only for my love of the turtles

_0-/<______________
Y8FooD...well, you did

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2002, 09:55:59 PM »
I love the turtles so much!!!! That was my favorite show while grpwing up. But, are they going to run the old series too? I'll be watching for it.
I like cheese!

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2002, 01:28:48 PM »
i don't think they'll show the old series, but they might just for an adverstisement over the summer

probably not though

_0-/<______________
Y8FooD...well, you did

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2002, 05:41:05 PM »
Shucks!

:(
I like cheese!

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2002, 01:57:09 PM »
at least there WILL be a show!

_0-/<______________
Y8FooD...well, you did

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2002, 09:30:58 AM »
Yeah...that's true! I wonder who the voice characterizations will be?

:)
I like cheese!

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2002, 04:31:39 PM »
that's a very good question...
i wish i had an answer :O)

_0-/<______________
Y8FooD...well, you did

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2002, 06:58:45 PM »
They're going to be different, about that I'm fairly certain.  Peter Laird's always wanted new voice actors.  They'll sound like they're from New York this time around, I'm thinking, intead of California.

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2002, 01:44:30 AM »
Sorry Guys,not much Else on it. I got that little Bit from a Forum.(ToonZone) Anyway,All I can say is Keep Checking back to the Official Site. ^_^ Anyway,what's wrong with California Turtles? I do Agree,It's kinda Strange they talked like that in New-York,but As a Kid I guess you don't Notice that. Anyway,I'm sure Peter Laird will Personally Beat the Crap outta 4kids Before he let's them Turn the Turtles into something like PokeMon. Just so you know,4kids Ruined PokeMon. I heard the Japanese Un-Cut Version Pocket Monsters,was actually Pretty Good. ~_^ Well Cya.

200 characters and nothing to say.

Print