Print

Author Topic: T-U-R-T-L-E Power!!! New TMNT Series!!!  (Read 5049 times)

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2002, 01:41:04 PM »
3 things

1. mmm! you're back!
2. mmm, do you go to the world's finest boards?
3.i like cali-turtles, they have fun lingo

_0-/<______________
who wants to buy a skunkle?
_0-/<):________________
Y8FooD...well, you did

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2002, 02:21:10 PM »
here's stuff i found at the official tmnt site
it's pretty much what the creators think

"So that's the scoop! The Turtles are back in business in Tinsel Town! Cowabunga! =O)

This news has already drawn alotta questions, and here's some answers:

The show will be traditional, 2D cel animation (like the original toon was). There is a chance that some 3D models may be used for backgrounds and vehicles, in a process that's being dubbed "2.5D" in Hollywood (check out "Futurama" to see how this works, as they use "2.5D" on that show).

The lead director for the new Turtles series will be Ilya Skorupsky. The head writer is Lloyd Goldfine (I'll be attempting to get an interview with Lloyd if his hectic schedule will permit it). The current "catch phrase" for the TMNT story bible is "SBKNA" - which stands for "Serious Butt-Kicking Ninja Action," so we're confident that Lloyd knows his Turtles. Our goal is for the show to appeal to both adult fans and the new generation of children. Peter Laird has been very pleased with his conversations with everyone from 4Kids - so we're off to an incredibly positive relationship!

There will be new action figures. Playmates is already working with 4Kids to produce a new line of toys that should be released around the same as the new cartoon debuts.

Yes, there will be new video games. 4Kids has tremendous clout and connections within the gaming industry, so we fully anticipate that some new games will go into development over the next few months. Nothing has been signed yet - but we'll announce who's doing what on what platform as soon as we know.

This is very good news for the CGI TMNT movie. Hopefully it will kick into high gear soon. More news on that in the coming months!

That's the scoop from Hollywood! Things are looking great for the TMNT in 2003!"

i'm looking forward to that sbkna!
also new action figures and vid-games!

_0-/<______________
who wants to buy a skunkle?
_0-/<):________________
Y8FooD...well, you did

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2002, 09:33:20 PM »
The original series was my favorite form of TMNT.

Super Mario Bros. are cool like sunglasses!
Super Mario Bros. are cool like sunglasses!

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2002, 06:41:50 PM »
so was mine! :) I'm really looking forward to the new series though. Some other ?s I know some people are dying to ask...will we see old characters? Like, April, Shredder, April's Boss, and friends? It's exciting! But here's a question for you all! What do you want to see in the new series?
I like cheese!

Print