Print

Author Topic: what do you like about ssbm?  (Read 5689 times)

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2002, 05:21:50 PM »
Peach's model was very good, yes. Luigi's model is probably the worst of the lot in terms of accuracy. I've inspected the Mario model in an attempt to put my finger on precisely what was missing. From what I can tell, the bottom half of his head is the wrong shape and his pupils are too big. I know they're only small defects, but it's been annoying me ever since I saw that model. Also, the DK model is slightly wrong - but that's only to be expected (only Rare seem to be able to make an accurate one*). All the others (I think) are fine.

*And shut up about Donkey Kong Racing.

~Waddle Dedede @ www.the-warp-zone.com
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2002, 06:30:02 PM »
Eh, there have also been many complaints among Yoshi fans about the SSBM rendition of Yoshi.  I, personally, don't mind, but the accuracy of the SSBM models is really just a matter of opinion...

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2002, 11:14:50 PM »
Exactly. Personally, I think they're near perfection. I used to think Mario's hat was pulled down too far over his eyes... but now I don't think so, now that I own the game.
Luigi looks like his SSBM rendition in the art for MK64, MK:SC, Mario Party series...
And as for Yoshi, there's absolutely nothing wrong with him. The only question is, which Yoshi is he? The original one (the first one Mario rescued from an egg in Yoshi's Island 2) or another one? I suppose the first one from SMW, the one in SM64, and SSBM is the same... Boy, that took too long.
And also, even though Jigglypuff (what kinda name...?) is annoyingly stupid and a ripoff of Kirby, it did help me beat Event Match 51. I'm not sure I could have beaten it if not for the stupid Pokemon.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2002, 01:24:56 AM »
No, it's not the same one. The original one fell down a pit somewhere.

-------
Because I could not stop for Death
He kindly stopped for me
The Carriage held but just Ourselves
And Immortality.

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2002, 12:22:48 PM »
Yeah, I like the Yoshi. I was never over-keen on him being apparently made out of circles in Yoshi's Story and Mario Kart 64.

I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2002, 06:47:55 PM »
frostbite section
-------------------------------
Heheh. But how come all the green Yoshis know him personally? Maybe it is the same one... I always thought he got re-trapped in an egg when he fell off... or maybe he has a lot of extra lives... :-P

Waddle-Dedede section
-------------------------------------
You're never "over-keen" on anything. You use that term an awful lot.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2002, 07:21:27 PM »
One of my favourite parts of SSBM is how great Bowser looks. Previous games tended to make him all fat and stupid-looking, but in SSBM he's a fearsome muscular beast. I mean, I was so amazed when I first played the game that I spent about an hour in Training, just making Bowser jump around and crouch and roar cuz he's so cool-looking. No, I'm not a Bowser fan, why do you ask? :D But SSBM pays an impressive amount of attention to detail, the textures alone are great. And the music, gotta love the music. And Jigglypuff is NOT a Kirby ripoff...! Just because they're both fluffy and pink and inflatable doesn't mean anything.

"Like the moon over
 the day, my genius and brawn
 are lost on these fools."
       -Bowser, SMRPG

Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?
Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2002, 07:24:56 PM »
Bowser's cool.
Ok, that was my opinion of Jigglypuff. They sure seem similar. I have a natural aversion to Pokemon.
Oh, speakin' of Kirby, is his name Kirby because he sucks stuff up like a vacuum?

That was a joke.

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2002, 07:27:53 PM »
I was going to make a hilarious response with the "over-keen" term in it - but as I can't think of one, you'll have to make do with me just saying "Whoops - Didn't notice that".

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2002, 08:26:44 PM »
Mario's eyes were always gigantic. It runs in the Mario family. Check the Stanley the bugman trophy.

-------
He kindly stopped for me
And Immortality.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2002, 08:37:49 PM »
So is his name Stanley Mario?

That was a joke.

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2002, 10:16:03 AM »
Well, he IS Mario's cousin. What if Mario's aunt on his father's side got married and had Stanley? He wouldn't be Stanley Mario then. He could be Stanley Mario. They don't say HOW Stanley is Mario's cousin, though.

-------
He kindly stopped for me
And Immortality.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2002, 09:02:12 PM »
I wasn't sure if that was an official relationship or not...

That was a joke.

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2002, 03:19:01 PM »
I didnt know they were related.

It didnt say anything about stanley being marios cousin.

I need proof, but he does kinda resemble mario with the overalls and all

-I have a Donkey Kong 3 arcade machine in my garage, i also have a pac man one, a Mario Bros one, and a Berzerk one

But i cant seem to find a Donkey Kong one!

www.songbirdocarina.com

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2002, 03:19:04 PM »
I didnt know they were related.

It didnt say anything about stanley being marios cousin.

I need proof, but he does kinda resemble mario with the overalls and all

-I have a Donkey Kong 3 arcade machine in my garage, i also have a pac man one, a Mario Bros one, and a Berzerk one

But i cant seem to find a Donkey Kong one!

www.songbirdocarina.com

Print