Print

Author Topic: Why did Peaches voice change?  (Read 4101 times)

« on: July 24, 2002, 11:38:31 AM »
When you beat SM64, did any of you notice that Peaches voice is lower!? Now she has this squeaky voice like a mouse whenever she says little phrases like in the games Mario Party 1,2,and 3,Mario Tennis and so on.

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2002, 01:15:04 PM »
In SM64, Peach's voice was done by Leslie Swan (is that her name?). But in the Mario Parties, Peach's voice was done by Jenn Taylor. I don't know why they decided to change it... but I think that Luigi's voice changing is even wierder. Like in Mario Party 3 he sounds like a stupid duck. I don't recall hearing Luigi's voice that dumb in the earlier Mario Parties. My brother told me that everytime they find a different voice actor for Luigi. Mario's voice is always the same though by that Charles guy isn't it?
~Princess Strawberry Sweet
 *Sweet ''n sugary*

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2002, 02:01:14 PM »
Both Mario and Luigi have been voiced by Charles Martinet since the N64 came out.

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2002, 04:05:26 PM »
Also, Charles Martinet, who did Mario and Luigi, voiced Wario in Wario Land 4.

King Boo isn't dead! He will return...

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2002, 08:50:39 PM »
Yeah, Luigi's voice seems to be getting squeakier. Remember the SMB cartoons, where he had this funky deep voice? And now he's even squeakier than Mario. I think it's some kind of freaky reverse puberty, personally. I dunno, I kind of prefer Peachie's voice high-pitched. The lower version in M64 sounded too....calm...almost eerily so.

"Like the moon over
 the day, my genius and brawn
 are lost on these fools."
       -Bowser, SMRPG

Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?
Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2002, 08:58:00 PM »
Estrogen therapy.

"We took pity on him because he''d lost both parents at an early age. I think that, on reflection, we should have wondered a bit more about that."

--Lord Downey, Terry Pratchett''s "Hogfather"

Chiichana mune, okkina hitomi . . .

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2002, 11:37:25 AM »
Leslie Swan's voice is good for long speeches and such. Jen Taylor's voice is good for grunts and short phrases.

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2002, 12:36:23 AM »
Leslie Swan was only Peach's voice for one game. In my opinion, Jen Taylor's acting is much better. She's Peach in SMS too, I think. It sounds like her anyway. Isn't Luigi's squeaky voice Japanese? It seems like whenever they to a thorough job of localizing the game for America, they have Luigi's voice lower, like it's supposed to be. In the games where they don't change any of the sounds (SSBM, MK: Super Circuit and maybe other stuff?), his voice is real high. Also, Toad's japanese voice is higher. Same with Wario's....

I don't have a signature.
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2002, 12:10:02 PM »
One game?

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Swan,+Leslie+(II)

She was in two!

-------

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2002, 12:18:10 PM »
And while we're on the subject, here's all the actors that have played Peach.

Super Mario Bros. Super Show - Jeannie Elias
The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World - Tracey Moore
Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64 - Leslie Swan
Mario Golf, Mario Party, Mario Tennis, Mario Party 2, and Super Smash Bros. Melee- Jen Taylor
Mario Party 3- Philece Sampler

-------

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2002, 12:26:07 PM »
And besides Mario games, Jen Taylor also played Tomiko in Alien VS. Predator 2, Cortana in Halo, and she will have a live action role in the upcoming movie Mrs. Baker as Abbey Nielsen.

-------

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2002, 09:58:25 PM »
Oh. Well that explains why she still sounded so weird in MK64. Anyway, Leslie Swan is (or was) editing Nintendo Power, wasn't she? Maybe that's why they got a different voice for her. Peach in MP3 (heh) sounds pretty much the same... but I still think that Jen Taylor is the best Peach. On the subject of voices, did the Bros. have italian accents in the cartoons? I have never gotten a chance to see any of them.

That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2002, 10:00:44 PM »
Oh yeah, Jen Taylor was the voice of the Toads on Luigi's Mansion, too!

That was a joke.

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2002, 09:48:28 AM »
Leslie Swan does about everything in Nintendo. I was reading a Mario comic from 1991, and she was the editor.

-------

Print