Print

Author Topic: Fans want Mario RPG for GBA  (Read 4680 times)

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2002, 01:07:01 AM »
Obviously one of the main reasons for porting a game is for older players to replay their favourites. But another good reason is to give younger players a chance to play games they'd otherwise miss out on. And then there's the beefing up that comes with getting ported. Mario RPG would probably get voice clips, and they could always add or expand on bonus areas for more replay value, and maybe toughen up bosses or something. I'd consider buying a GBA if there were an SMRPG port, just out of curiosity over the voices. I wanna know what Mallow and Geno sound like!

"Like the moon over
 the day, my genius and brawn
 are lost on these fools."
       -Bowser, SMRPG

Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?
Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2002, 07:08:03 AM »
I don't think the GBA can handle having voices in such a large game like SMRPG.

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2002, 12:51:18 PM »
I would be overjoyed if SMRPG was ported to the Game Boy Advance without any stupid voices, anyway! They are just a distraction, and would taint the beloved RPG with a "faddish" feel.

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2002, 02:29:01 PM »
I believe the only way we're ever going to hear Mallow and Geno's voices (not that I'D want to) is in some sort of a Mario Kart game or something.

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

Print