Print

Author Topic: Difficulty Level  (Read 2346 times)

« on: August 19, 2002, 09:50:00 AM »
What was the hardest Mario game you ever played. The first time you played.

It''s-a me, Mario !
It''s-a me, Mario !

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2002, 12:16:31 PM »
I THINK the first Mario game i played was Super Mario World, but I'm not too sure... But the hardest Mario game would probably be Super Mario Bros 3. I don't know though, because I haven't played it in a while.

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2002, 01:11:52 PM »
It would have to be SMB2J.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2002, 04:37:05 PM »
I agree. SMB2j would have to be the hardest, followed by SMB2 and SMB3, mainly because they have no saves. I can get to world 8 and then lose on that flying level after the hands that grab you, y'know? Hmm, I've never gotten past 8-2 in SMB either... I can't beat anything on NES. :-(

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2002, 04:42:32 PM »
super mario world is realllly hard. finding those secret exits would be impossible for me if i didn't have the game guide from TMK. haha. any game on nes that doens't have saving is not even worth buying because there is just no way.

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2002, 08:18:30 PM »
beleive me or not but ive been playing mario games since i was three and they were never hard for me well exept for smb3 but the rest were cake!!!
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2002, 08:37:44 PM »
The unsavable NES games? I've beat em' all, most without much effort. The flying armada level doesn't seem to me like the hardest level in SMB3, for me it's one of the later ones in World 7, forgot which one.
But if there was an unsavable version of SMB2J(there is for the Famicom) for the NES (well even if it SAVED, but by world instead of level), it would be pure hell.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2002, 09:10:36 PM »
smb2 j was only hard in world 8 i always either ran out of time or died at the koopa clone near the end but when i got to koopa it was easy,i just ran under him when he jumped (dodging the hammers and fire balls of course)and got the axe and celebrated!!!!!

I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2002, 11:28:48 PM »
Well, I figure a little more practice, and I'll be better. Duh. Well, anyway, I guess I'm not really too good at any of the 2D Mario games unless they're the GBA reissues where you can save on every level... Oh, well, Yoshi's Island is like that, I may be able to beat that... I haven't tried without an emulator. And Yoshi's Story... now that was easier. But I guess it's supposed to be one of the games that they want you to play more than thrice... ramble ramble... rhubarb.. mumble

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2002, 11:31:26 PM »
Oh... and even if it's harder, I say the unsaveable NES games are very much worth buying. Collectibility, maybe, nostalgia, definitely, plain fun, absolutely... Heck, this girl I know *drool* can beat SMB in about 25 minutes no sweat... she did that at my birthday party a few years ago... everybody was like "wow" and stuff... man, I must be tired.

That was a joke.

Print