Print

Author Topic: Speaking of Mario All-Stars  (Read 4963 times)

« on: June 08, 2000, 06:55:11 PM »
You know what would be awesome on a Mario All-Stars DX game for GBC?  Seeing the Mario Land games realized in full color with improved backgrounds like SNES All-Stars.  That means:

Super Mario Land
Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins
Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land
Wario Land 2
Wario Land 3

Now THAT would be cool...
Thank you for saving us but our princess is in another castle!

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2000, 07:13:19 AM »
...of course, there probably wouldnt be enough cartridge space...

JFreak
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2000, 07:18:15 AM »
That would be a cool idea! Why make a Mario All-Stars game with the Mario Land games if you could already buy the games individually? I think that they should make a remake of the Mario All-Stars game with the Super Mario Bros. series for Game Boy:

Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japan)
Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA)
Super Mario Bros. 3

Mario Maniac!!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2000, 08:14:06 PM »
They should probably leave the music alone, though...

-Yoshi2 ;D
Woohoo.

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2000, 08:40:54 PM »
Or they could make a "Super Mario All-Stars" that had previous "Mario" games for regular Nintendo and Super Nintendo and other "extinct" systems so they could be played on a Nintendo 64.

-ARCADE-
Mario Bros.
Return of the Mario Bros.
-NINTENDO-
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2: The Lost Levels
Super Mario Bros. 2: The Dream Machine
Super Mario Bros. 3
-SUPER NINTENDO-
Super Mario Bros 4: Super Mario World
Super Mario Bros. 5: Yoshi's Island
Mario is Missing
Yoshi's Safari
Wario's Woods
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars -VIRTUAL BOY-
Mario Clash
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2000, 08:49:22 PM »
Mega 2's list sounds awesome... except I'd knock out Mario is Missing, Yoshi's Safari, Wario's Woods, and Mario Clash and use the extra memory to improve the graphics of the others.  And what is "Return of the Mario Bros."?  This title has somehow escaped my radar!
Thank you for saving us but our princess is in another castle!

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2000, 09:06:42 PM »
I haven't gotten to play "Mario is Missing" or any of the other games you mentioned, besides "Wario Woods."  I didn't even get a Super Nintendo until about 2 years ago, and got an N64 only a couple months ago, and I haven't gotten a chance to buy or rent many of the games, since so many of the older ones are no longer available.  "Mario is Missing" looked pretty neat to me, but I haven't played it or even seen a demo.  "Return of the Mario Bros." was an arcade and Atari release that was a sequel to the original arcade "Mario Bros." with more levels, more enemies, better graphics and better game play.  Sadly, I have never been able to play it and it seems to have been available for only a short time.  I love "Mario Bros" even if it is a little unsophisticated compared to newer games, and I would very much like to find a copy or download or something of the sequel.
Mega 2

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2000, 01:59:00 PM »
I know what game compilation would be good for Game Boy Color or Nintendo 64:

"P.O.W. Stadium Classics"
Mario Bros
Mario Bros 2: Return of the Mario Bros.
Mario Bros 3: Mario Clash
Super Mario Bros. Battle Game

By the way, what does "P.O.W." mean?  My friend (Mega 1) once told me it was "Power of" something, but I can't remember what he said the W stood for.
Mega 2

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2000, 02:01:14 PM »
I forgot, "Vs. Mario Bros."  That is, provided deezer didn't just make it up for this site to mess with us.
Mega 2

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2000, 02:34:57 PM »
I'd let Mario is Missing out unless it was a port of the PC version and if it came with a keyboard.  I HATE Mario is Missing except the PC version which I like.

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2000, 02:41:54 PM »
Lemme fix Mega2's list a little.

*=not to be put in.

-ARCADE-
Mario Bros.
Return of the Mario Bros.
-NINTENDO-
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2j (don't gimme that "The Lost Levels" crap... am I allowed to say that?)
Super Mario Bros. 2us (don't gimme that "The Dream Machine" crap either)
Super Mario Bros. 3
-SUPER NINTENDO-
Super Mario World
Yoshi's Island
*(BAD GAME! NO WAY!) Mario is Missing
*Yoshi's Safari (they don't have a super scope for N64 last time I checked)
*Wario's Woods (good game but doesn't fit in)
*Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (see above)
-VIRTUAL BOY-
Mario Clash (without all the redness...)

Maybe some Game Boy titles such as SML2 and 3... I guess they would stick 1 in too, even though it was a pretty bad game. Where's Wario Land 1? The original Wario land was under the Super Mario Land flag, wasn't it? Unless the Wario Lands are Super Mario land 4 and 5?

DarKnight13
Super Mario Bros. 2 Worship
@
http://smb2.cjb.net

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2000, 04:47:09 PM »
"Super Mario Bros. 2: The Dream Machine" is what appears on the box of a foreign release of the American "Super Mario Bros. 2" and is the translation of the original "Doki Doki Panic" subtitle.  I didn't make it up.  As I said before, I have never played "Mario is Missing" and can not say whether it is good or bad, I just put it in for sake of completion.  Same goes for "Yoshi's Safari."  I didn't know it required a Super Scope 6.  There are a lot of games there I've never played, I was just trying to put together a complete and all-encompassing list.  About the second thing you said, as I see it, the titles of the "Super Mario Land" games are:

Super Mario Land
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land
Super Mario Land 4: Wario Land II
Super Mario Land 5: Wario Land III

No, I don't like it, either.  
Mega 2

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2000, 05:44:39 PM »
Mega2:

Yeah, well I knew about the translation from Doki Doki Panic but I didn't know about it officially being called the Dream Machine for some releases. I prefer to go by the "correct" American names... whatever "correct" means. I guess that would make SMB2j Super Mario Bros: the Lost Levels, ne? Ack! Confoozlifying!

DarKnight13
Super Mario Bros. 2 Worship
@
http://smb2.cjb.net

Print