Print

Author Topic: Which of these Nintendo films would you...  (Read 5707 times)

« on: September 12, 2002, 01:57:14 AM »
Which of these Nintendo movies would you want to see? 1,Another live action Mario movie 2,A live action Zelda movie 3,Direct to video but high quality CGI Mario and Zelda movies released in a Nintendo Video/DVD boxed set?

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2002, 05:53:24 AM »
I would want to see a live action Zelda Movie. I duno though.

I am the Ninja who stealthfully approaches you to slice your throat. I am the coffee you are drinking. I am the destroyer or the healer. I will be the last person you will see. I am not a demon I am just a Renagade.
Darkness falls across the land the midnight hour is close at hand. Creatures crawl in the search of blood to terrorize a neighborhood. loose webber shall be found with the souls getting down. But stand in place the hums of hell and rot inside a corpes shell. The foulstenches in the air the funk of 40,ooo years. grizzly ghouls from every tomb are closing in to seal your doom. And though you fight to stay alive your body starts to shiver because no mear mortal can resist the evil of the thriller

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2002, 11:00:58 AM »
I don't know, live action movies aren't very convincing when they feature cartoon characters in a real setting.

I would love to see a CG (computer generated) animated movie of either Super Mario Bros., or The Legend of Zelda. And if the stories were supervised by Nintendo, then the movie producers would get more of the facts straight! Perhaps they could be CG cel-shaded - that would be interesting...
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2002, 12:24:28 PM »
I am torn between both, but here are my reasons, as good as they are:

Mario bros: what can i say, the first one sucked(no offense) since that is the case for me, i strongly suggest that the grat directors of today should take up this story and remake it again, but if not remake it, then sequal it! but please, not the same director, for the love of God not the same director!!!! spare us please!!!!! im thinkin maybe speilberg for a great adventure plot, or maybe the guys who directed and wrote "the matrix" for a good action / kill-all-koopas title. any ways, those are my reasons.
p.s. The CGI film idea sounds great also!

Zelda: Ah what can i say, the sword fighting, the purly evil enemies, those hideous bosses, the midevel chivalry of finding the princess (err...dwarf lady) and rescuing her from the clucthes of the final boss, the plot sounds greaat in itself! however only people who have written and directed these types of movies should do this one. im thinkin the guys who did LOTR, or maybe some guys from DreamWorks, ya know!
whew im getting excited already, i just wish these movies were actually in the making!
"Tetris: the movie"
Yeah, I can see that. A guy throwing bricks out of a window for 2 hours.

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2002, 03:42:20 PM »
In either case, let's hope they're not directed by Joel Shumacher.

-------
Maxima: Amazons had no men around for centuries. How did you handle that?
Wonder Woman: All I''ll say is... we don''t call it "Paradise Island" for nothing.

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2002, 04:08:31 PM »
Personally I dont think Speilberg nor the writters of the matrix could make a good mario movie. If anyone should make another live action mario film it should be Tim Burton. When you really think about it TMK is a world of ummm....weirdness. Everything is twisted and many things if you really think about it mostly in a dark way.

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2002, 04:08:58 PM »
Personally I dont think Speilberg nor the writters of the matrix could make a good mario movie. If anyone should make another live action mario film it should be Tim Burton. When you really think about it TMK is a world of ummm....weirdness. Everything is twisted and many things if you really think about it mostly in a dark way. Hey wasnt Joel the guy who ruined the Batman films?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2002, 07:42:00 PM »
Umm... Tim Burton?! NO WAY!!
Anyway, the SMB move was really bad, in my opinion, but anyway a live-action Zelda movie, if done correctly (like say by Peter Jackson) would probably be good, but I'd have to say that I've been wishing there were a CG Mario movie for some time now... I can just see it, animated production art, Charles Martinet and Jen Taylor for voices... that would be sweet.
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2002, 09:35:28 PM »
I agree that the Super Mario Bros. is trash. It made very high up on my worst movies of all time list. CG is definatly the way to go with Mario. As for peter Jackson directing a live zelda film it just wouldnt work. If you ask me LOTR is the best peice of fantasy film ever created. Zelda couldnt even touch it. If Jackson directed people would see it as a chessy piece of crap no matter how good it was. Simply because Jacksons former works were so much more amazing. Im not saying a live action Zelda film is a bad idea Im just saying get another directer. What about Ridley Scott (I spelled his name wrong didnt I)? Considering his masterpiece of fantasy film "Legend" and the sword swinging dramatic power of "Gladiator" I think Ridley would fit the bill quite nicely.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2002, 11:31:24 PM »
Hmm... I haven't seen either of those movies... I agree, LotR is one of the finest films ever made... on the topic of fantasy films, you ever seen Krull?
That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2002, 12:34:12 AM »
No I never saw Krull but I hear Its a Conan Ripoff. Is this true or not?

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2002, 05:29:01 AM »
I agree, Riddley Scott would be a terrific director to make a Zelda movie.

What about a Metroid movie? Riddley Scott directed the 1st Alien movie - and the Metroid games bear a slight resemblence to the Alien movies... It could happen!
---
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2002, 04:08:19 PM »
My biggest problem about a Metroid movie is a serious lack of plotline. They would have to severely alter the games orriginal story. Otherwise it would be nothing but Samus jumping around blasting stuff.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2002, 09:45:07 PM »
No, I can't hardly see anything in Krull even remotely similar to Conan... as far as I remember. I thought it was really cool.
That was a joke.

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2002, 10:13:17 PM »
Yes, Shumacher's the guy that ruined the Batman movies....

As for the Metroid thing, Ridley Scott should direct it because his first name is Ridley. That's like Bob Ganon (animation producer of Calvin and the Colonel [http://us.imdb.com/Title?0054527]) being the director of a Legend of Zelda movie. It's like Kenneth Bowser (director of Superboy [http://us.imdb.com/Title?0094559]) directing a Mario movie. It's like... well, you get the idea.

-------
Maxima: Amazons had no men around for centuries. How did you handle that?
Wonder Woman: All I''ll say is... we don''t call it "Paradise Island" for nothing.

Print