Print

Author Topic: Society of the Forum Secret Keepers  (Read 49578 times)

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #105 on: April 28, 2003, 09:46:09 PM »
 Personally, I think you made a mistake, bringing this up again. As I see it, no good can come of this. With others editing others posts, posting images, and the use of HTML, the only thing I see happening is chaos. History repeats itself, they say. I just hope you're all careful as to who you pass this on to, as we can all surely remember what happened last time.

It's too bad, really, you could have just let this all disappear, but for whatever reason, whether it be your ego, or what not, that didn't happen. I just hope this is for the better.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #106 on: April 28, 2003, 09:48:08 PM »
I don't think you need to worry too much. We (or at least I am) are going to be responsible about it this time/
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #107 on: April 28, 2003, 10:47:42 PM »
I think I've proven myself trustworthy. Right? (Especially since I politely notify those who break the board rules, and, hopefully, they learn from it.)

Anyway, I'm just not the type to go pulling mean tricks on people. (Heheh...my brother, however... Naw, wouldn't work since he'd pulverize me.)

I just wanna know how to do the text/italics/etc. font junk and how to post images. I'd rather just have someone teach me, though...

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2003, 02:34:50 PM »
Finding these secrets is a way to prove how intelligent you are in the forum. That's why nobody should TELL these secrets(stares at Deezer next to CW). It's not MY fault if people use them to corrupt the board.

You need to find at least one secret to enter this society and become a Trainee. I'd suggest replying to closed topics first, it's the easiest, followed by editing other people's posts.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2003, 03:24:52 PM »
 While it may not be entirely your fault, it is completely unfounded to say that you cannot share in the blame. To pass on these techniques to other members deems you just as guilty as if you abused them yourself.

You insist that no one should "tell" these secrets, yet you continue to offer hints and clues. In fact, if one would simply read through this entire topic, it would be found that many times these tricks are often hinted to, while innocent they may be, they're unnecessary.

To prove how intelligent you are? Again, this proves what I was saying. It gives an air of supperiority, one that is not needed in these forums. The reason behind that being that there is enough of it already, I myself am guilty of that. Also, there are other ways to prove one's intelligence rather than Editing other's posts, using HTML in posts, and replying to closed topics. Why not prove your intelligence through posting worthwhile topics and responses, prooving valid points, and participating in debates. Of course, if you feel the need to flaunt your "intelligence" through these means, I insist that you, and your "council," keep these secrets to themselves. It seems a bit contradictory that you wish not to tell others of these 'secrets,' yet you've got this whole "trainee program" set up.

But, since you can edit posts and such, I acknowledge your blatent intelligence and submit my opinions to you.

« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2003, 03:34:22 PM »
Okay, so I guess trainee isn't the best name, because we don't TRAIN them, I'll change it to Junior Member.

Still, hacking the forum submits your superiority to a lot more people, and with a lot more force, than intelligent posts would.

Edited by - CashCrazed on 4/29/2003 2:38:16 PM

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2003, 03:45:16 PM »
 Well, I guess that's where we disagree then. Just because you're able to exploit loop-holes doesn't, at least in my book, give you superiority over anyone. All I see from it is that you're looking for attention. But, if that's how you see it, go and make all aware. My point is, this is unnecessary and potentially dangerous to the community. I fail to understand while the majority of the members should need to suffer on the account of a few who feel the need to feel 'superior.' Granted, there may be no problems at all, in which case, I'm wrong. However, it's impossible to tell, and based on past experiences, we all know what trouble this can bring.

Changing the name doesn't really change how I feel about the matter. Whether they're a "Trainee" or "Junior Member," the same thing happens in the end. You're basically supplying the means for them to figure this out, only, not directly. Had you found this out, and kept it to yourself, it would have been a different matter. Now, people will know it exists are wish to know how to do such things.

As I said before, had you let this topic fade, and not brought it back for your need to be "superior," it wouldn't be a matter of concern.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2003, 03:59:34 PM »
I agree with you, Black Mage, on both your replies. Especially on how to prove your intelligence thru intellect, not by something you learned and "can do".

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2003, 05:06:38 PM »
Even before I made this topic, people still wished to know the HTML secret. They'll know the secrets exist WITHOUT the society anyway, with the tricks on people and all(Just look at the Mario Fallout Shelter, before I revived this!). This just promotes people to find them more, that's all.

I agree these secrets don't prove your ENTIRE intellect, I mean, if it was so, Insane Steve would deserve to be far more than a Common Member. They show more superiority in the computer and logic departments if anything. But they still promote the superiority part. And if there's anything more human nature than wanting to be superior, what is it?

Edited by - CashCrazed on 4/29/2003 4:07:27 PM

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2003, 05:37:34 PM »
To have free t-shirts?

--------------------

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2003, 07:43:06 PM »
Vice President. Wahoo!

It's just a forum, so no big deal.  On the other hand if this were real life it might actually make one more superior than someone else.  Imagine getting in someones mind to make them do things.  That would be a great intelligence superiority for a country.  Anyway...

Now, if I knew the HTML loophole I could be President.  Actually all I ever really wanted was to post with HTML.  All of my other powers came out of my experimenting to figure out how the forum works.

There are actually two ways to post as others (not merely edit their posts).  I'm not going to tell how here, but I think Cash Crazed also knows both ways.  I had planned to hold off on the way he most recently used because it is more deceptive and I wanted to use it on him when/if he questioned the way I tricked Watoad. That way is simple, but takes longer then the way CC used.  Actually there is a third way, but I promised not to hack passwords again.  So, no more closing or deleting posts unless I find an ASP or HTML method.  Besides, brute force attacks are not really intelligent since they are so easy to detect.  I prefer tricking or changing existing code.

On another idea, I downloaded every page on TMK a dosen links down and still haven't found the supposed secret page.  I am not asking for hints, but has anyone here found it?  Or, is it just an inside joke that Deezer uses to get people to look at more of the site?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2003, 07:56:08 PM »
Oh, so you used a brute force password hacker to get Deezer's pass and close and delete topics? Don't those take a REALLY long time? It won't be detected on such a primitive forum, but I'm sure you have DSL or somethin', cause otherwise you'll be spending a month on one password, especially at this server response speed. I never tried one, but I won't here, cuz' it's a lot more fun to...........do the things you said.

Edited by - CashCrazed on 4/29/2003 6:57:32 PM

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2003, 08:02:53 PM »
Wait, I can be President.  All I have to do is edit Cash Crazed's first post in this thread and change it so I am President.  Then post in the thread as him and claim to have given the position to Luigison.  Then to stop him from recanting I could hack his password and change it so he can't use it.

But wait.  Then he could make a new acount and edit the Cash Crazed posts or even make a new Cash Crazed account, or hack and change the password again.  This would turn into a huge war.  So, I won't even bother.  I just need to figure out the HTML loophole on my own.  Then maybe he will really give up the title.  Will he accept using HTML in a title as knowing the HTML secret?  No, that's to easy.

I could skip the HTML trick all together and try to get into an FTP account, but Deezer would surely hate that and I could accidently screw something up or get in real trouble.

Dang, I give up.  I think I should just stick to talking about and playing Mario games.  That's what I originally came to this site for anyway.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #118 on: April 29, 2003, 08:58:56 PM »
*rolls eyes* Ughh... Ya know what? Forget it. I could probably figure it out, but I'm too lazy to spend the time doing that. I'd rather just post *here*! ~_~

--------------------

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #119 on: April 29, 2003, 09:24:29 PM »
Hahaha, look, my name is in the exact same color as the pants my RS character wears. What an eerie coincidence...

And please, no more giving people forum secrets, ok? We don't want what happened to frostbite happening again. (In other words, I'm not going out of my way to learn the HTML trick)

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.
~I.S.~

Print