Print

Author Topic: What does your "User Name" mean?  (Read 12311 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: January 26, 2003, 01:53:27 AM »
Mine was supposed to be a combination of "Luigi" and "ojisan" (oh-jee-sahn; uncle), but I accidentally typed Luigison instead of Luigisan.  Now the only way to change it is to make a new user name with another email address.  Or, I could bug Deezer, but it's not that important anyway.

What does your "User Name" mean?

--> Åñím@l ©®ø$$íñ9â„¢ Now Only ß49.99 <--
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2003, 02:03:26 AM »
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2003, 03:26:54 PM »
my user name is the name of one of bowsers kids

never argue with an idiot.they`ll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
never argue with an idiot.they`ll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2003, 07:25:35 PM »
Well I think pink boos are better than any other kind because they can change into platforms & a normal boo couldnt itimidate that but also I like king boo from LM & SMS plus boos are cool in Mario Party where they steal your stuff.They pulled that off well in MP4 where you look into the crystal ball.....

Do you know when we die,we''ll be boos too?
Find your inner monkey.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2003, 09:44:09 PM »
Well, ok my first name is Steve (Something I have NO problem giving out online, because it is so common) and the "Insane" part describes my oftentimes erratic behavior. One minute I'm calm, making intelligent posts, the next I'll start a HUGE flame war, and yet another minute I'll be posting something that is bordering on inappropriate. And then I'll be back to good again. Same thing in the real world (And it worries quite a few people, too.)

Almost like I have several personalities.

(No, I'm not going to snap and attack other people for no reason. I am NOT (I REPEAT, NOT) a violent person.

NOT VIOLENT. Got that?)

Everyone has their own opinions, no matter how WRONG they are.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2003, 10:19:36 PM »
My user name has a long and strange history.
I shall begin now:
One day, my best friend and I were constructing a Hot Wheels race track. We decided to put a jump in the track. We used a couple small boxes and things to create a suitable elevation in the track. We used tape to secure it to the floor... so he said "Hey Matt, I need some more Chup." He meant to say more tape, but didn't. So anyway, after calling Pizza flavored Goldfish "Chup", we eventually decided it was a green, plaid, gelatinous blob substance. The popularity of Chupâ„¢ grew. I visited another friend of mine one day, and we decided to play Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II. We had decided that to be weird was good, and we were Chupâ„¢ people. So, he entered Chupperson Weird, as in a weird Chupâ„¢ person. Thus, my alter ego was born. I have used this name a lot over the years, and Chuppy is the Chupâ„¢ mascot.

I write poetry when I`m not looking.
That was a joke.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2003, 06:29:51 AM »
 Er.. nothing strange nor personal about mine. I'm just a large fan of Black Mages from the Final Fantasy series. Heh, back when the first one was released on the NES, my first party was Four Black Mages.  Hah, bad idea for the first time playing.

Anyway, yes, Black Mages = rawk.

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2003, 11:25:43 PM »
My name refers to a species of multil colored ostriches that populate the Final Fantasy World. I was originally going to be Mog the Moogle, but I decided against it. I cry to myself every night over that mistake. Kidding, of course.

Kweeh! Forget Whark! Kweeh! Is better!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2003, 06:40:11 PM »
Hmm, I don't know why now, but my deranged sixth-grade brain typed that in as my first username I ever needed, for the old old multiplayer game HoverRace. Six years later, I have never used anything else.

"I''m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!"

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2003, 01:37:27 PM »
First name's Whitney, last name starts with an M. Or it will when i get married, at least...my actual last name is way too dull and boring and it starts with an L, and i have a problem with that letter, so i figured i'd just gank Raf's last name starting initial and make a handle out of it. It's simple, it works, and unlike other user names i've had in the past, i don't think i can possibly get mistaken for a guy.

And Lizzard, pal, you've definitely gotta give me an explanation for that quote in your signature. I've blown a fuse trying to understand it.

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2003, 05:30:24 PM »
Normally I would, call myself by my first name, Tony. but when I came to tmk, I used the name of a fan character, Whom I have tried to pretend doesn't exist so I don't sound like one of those people who puts their fan charater in everything they do.

The world would be a much cleaner place if people would eat their own trash.
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2003, 05:30:31 PM »
It happened during the war over hacking this forum(don't ask), when, after we figured out how to change other people's posts, a member called frostbite said "Dang. I can't f**k any of you off now. You'll probably change my posts to "I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake Oven" or something". I don't know exactly WHY he decided to use it as his sig.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2003, 01:13:46 AM »
Because, it zapped a circuit in his poor, deranged... uh, 12th-grade brain, maybe.

That was a joke.

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2003, 05:51:11 PM »
Better a poor, deranged 12th grade brain than a not-quite-adult-but-really-ready-to-freaking-graduate-anyway 11th grade one, right?

Wow i'm so so so ready to be out of high school.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2003, 10:34:18 PM »
I wouldn't know.
I exist outside the compulsory school system.

That was a joke.

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2003, 08:56:00 PM »
My user name is when Mallow, the dude in Super Mario RPG found a metal cap and turned into: metalmallow! Not that creative, but oh well. Anyways I'm a new and I already know how to edit posts, but considering the other people who were here earlier they said it started a VERY big flame war, so I won't (mabye)

I don''t have a problem with this world. It''s the world that has a problem with me.

~Shrek
Don''t argue with an idiot. They will take you to their level and beat you with experience.

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2003, 11:19:58 PM »
Golly, haven't been here in a while, but I thought I'd give the old board a post or two! :) My user name is two different names put together. Obviously! Anyway, Lola is the name of the main character, at least one of them, in the stories that I write. Lola, is me, therefore, my name being Lola. Prue is Lola's last name. (D-uh!) Anyway, Prue comes from that "famous" WB show Charmed. Prue being my favorite character on the show became Lola's last name. And that, my friends, is how the name Lola Prue began.

:)
I like cheese!

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2003, 09:43:23 PM »
Yuck I hate Charmed!(Sorry had to say that)

Do you know when we die,we''ll be boos too?
Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2003, 09:49:54 PM »
That's okay. I haven't seen that show in AGES! So I think I've missed A LOT! Oh well! :)
I like cheese!

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2003, 11:29:35 PM »
  My name "master of time" was just an easy name to type real quickly. it also has to do with the ledgend of zelda you know"hero of time" link the hero of time. my sig(signature)says it all. my past username mr. saturn is because no one had an earthbound related name! so I was like, what the hell. nuff said

the hero of time

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2003, 01:53:09 PM »
I have had many names on this forum.begining with marioman333.i made this name beacause i like mario and mario is the man,next to luigi.the 333 just popped into my head.next came BooBuddy(my current name)who origenated from those funny little boo buddys in SMW.soon DarkYoshi came into the picture.DarkYoshi had a very stern type personality.finnaly(of all the names I can remember)Grim.Grim had a nack for writing on Story Boards.as you can see,all my little charactors have their own personality.Hmm...I'll post more if i remember any more.

Boo:BOOO!!BOOO!!ARE YOU SCARED YET?
Insanity has its limits...BUT NOT ON ME!NEHEHEHAHAHAHAHA!!

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2003, 10:42:24 PM »
Hmmmmm......what could my username name POSSIBLY mean?..............Even I'm stumped!

(no, I DON'T live for money, it's just a name i came up with while I was saving up for my TV)

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2003, 10:42:32 PM »
Hmmmmm......what could my username name POSSIBLY mean?..............Even I'm stumped!

(no, I DON'T live for money, it's just a name i came up with while I was saving up for my TV)

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2003, 09:19:14 PM »
I have enough money to buy about 3 crappy TVs in my upstairs drawer.

I ALMOST went with "Cynicman" for my username... but... I thought my personality might change. (It didn't. I'm just as, if not more cynical that I was when I first joined.)

Everyone has their own opinions, no matter how WRONG they are.
~I.S.~

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2003, 08:20:39 PM »
Mine is based on my personality: I am a very great Nintendo game player. I have beaten many of my friends at VS games, and I go right through a game so fast, even without the guide. The "89" is my birthday year- 1989.

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2003, 06:05:50 PM »
Mine is taken from two things I like. Dairy Products(Ice Cream, Cheese, Milk), and I like bieng in charge(kinda makes me feel like a KING). Contrary to popular belief, I actually have never eaten at a Dairy Queen Resturant, but the business of Burgers that are Kings are quite the other way. So no its not s'posed to be Dairy Queen and Burger King stuck together. And no, I don't control the world's population of cows.(That would be so cool!)

Edited by - Dairy King on 3/19/2003 4:06:39 PM
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

VkP

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2003, 10:07:03 PM »
V(first name)k(middle name)P(last name)

Pretty cool, huh?:evil:

Hahaha...yeah...

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2003, 04:03:50 PM »
Here's mine. Pretty simple.
I was born in September, so my birthstone's sapphire--which is also one of my favorite colors. Then I learned Sapphira is an actual name (from like Roman times) and I liked the sound of it. Voila!

BTW, since you mentioned it, Dairy Queen sounds REALLY good about now. Unfortunately, the nearest one is kinda far away.

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2003, 07:45:10 PM »
I've played (and beaten) nearly every English Super Mario game, therefore, I can beat any Mario you throw at me!!!  I honestly thought of naming myself "ShyDude" cause I think shyguys are cute.  I don't know why, I just do...  Ah, who cares.  ShyDude is alot easier to type.  Bye Mario Master!
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2003, 07:50:13 PM »
Ok, that didn't work...
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2003, 11:35:42 PM »
My story is simple:

I was joining the ZSNES Board, and when I was coming up with a Mario-related name, the name "Mad Max" popped into my head.

Also, it sort of reflects my short temper.

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2003, 11:13:27 AM »
Well, mine isn't well... special.

I always wanted to have an 'alter ego' on a Mario character.  Not a major one, like Mario, Luigi, Toad, etc.  One that has been in few or one Mario game(s).  I was going for Geno,  but then ><INSPIRATION!>< CharginChuck!  The (mostly)football player in SMW.

Cool (well, not really) huh?
 n/a

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2003, 11:44:33 PM »
Hey, ya know what? I just discovered an interesting connection b/w my name and User Name.

Name: Julia = Nickname: Jul = Jewel = Sapphire = User Name: Sapphira

Freaky! :)
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2003, 12:23:31 AM »
Jewel... You're a Jumi, aren't you?  AREN'T YOU?

...gee, I wonder if anybody here would atually know what that's supposed to mean...

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2003, 12:28:53 AM »
...?

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2003, 01:36:12 AM »
Hirocon is the leader of the Argonians, an alien race that you save from extinction in the Star Tropics games (two of my favorite games) for the NES.

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2003, 08:40:38 PM »
When I was 8 or something like that my brother set up an email address for me over hotmail. My username on that was gamemaster. This was when I had Net 0 as my server (I curently don't have internet access in the computer in my house, I use the computers that are in the officed in my back yard.) Anyway, I pretty much forgot about this email thing and about a year or 2 later I remembered it and tried while at my friend's house. It didn't work. I then made another one that was gamemaster something, I forgot the number. I then made another one once that on got busted that was gamemaster105. That oe got busted up, too. After that I created gamemaster79 as my email, and I use that as my username for just about everything.

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2003, 05:21:28 AM »
well I came up with Secret Agent Mario But I desided Yoshi sounded Better.

Call me Yoshi James Yoshi
Call me Yoshi James Yoshi

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2003, 08:24:11 PM »
My nickname comes from an inspirational camping trip I went on last summer. My brother, a friend( nicknamed Chippy), and I decided to make a comic because it was raining and there was nothing else to do. We decided that each one of us would do a page, then pass it on to the next person, and so on. On the first page, Bluto, as you may or may not know is the main villian the "Popeye" cartoon, appeared in a guy's house looking for Popeye. On the second page, where I started, I decided to make Bluto the main character of the comic. Needless to say, it was the funniest comic we had ever made up. We would laugh so hard that Chippy would spray various liquids out of his nose. It turned out to be the greatest camping trip ever. We did a second comic, again with Bluto as the main chacter, and it was hilarious as well. So anyway, Bluto is my favorite cartoon chacter, so I thought it would be a great nickname.

Spill the blood of the innocent!!! Then clean it before it makes a mess!
Like a sponge, thirsty I am!

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2003, 06:29:42 PM »
You must know Paper Mario...You better.
Hello.

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2003, 07:21:16 PM »
so you ripped off my original post huh Luigison? heh heh no just kidding. I actually posted this aloooooooooong time ago, probably sometime in 2000 or 2001. it never took off quite like this did. Well any way how my Id was started was in 2000 my family finally got a computer!Later came the internet..Well my friend had a Yahoo Id and he helped me brainstorm an ID and set it up for me..it was Marionut2000. Well when I finally found the Forums, I entered my Id as that. but I typed my email wrong, and never got the password. I never knew till just this year that Deezer could have retrieved it for me, but bah who cares. Well after that I quickly signed up as a more universal Id, and Marionut#1 was born...

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2003, 07:56:25 PM »
I did not know of your original because I wasn't here then.  You didn't remember how to log on so how can you expect me to know something I never even saw. As C.W. would say, "heh."
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2003, 09:27:23 AM »
I fully realized that Luigson. Thats exactly why I said I was just kidding....What do you mean that I forgot how to log on? so anyway.. Heh. :P

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!

Edited by - marionut#1 on 6/5/2003 8:28:50 AM
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2003, 07:02:57 PM »
I meant that you didn't remember you password.  Anyway...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Random Signature:
"Deezer's sig is my favorite."

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2003, 08:43:16 PM »
"Jewel... You're a Jumi, aren't you? AREN'T YOU?

...gee, I wonder if anybody here would atually know what that's supposed to mean..."

Legend of Mana was a great game. That's all I have to say.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2003, 08:56:21 PM »
I should play that.
That was a joke.

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2003, 05:31:35 PM »
well Tails is my favorite sonic charecter and Tails doesn't have a metalic counterpart (Coughmetalsoniccough) so I'm his metalic counterpart.

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2003, 05:40:40 PM »
Mine is jon because everyone calls me that. I was going to do Clown because that's my nickname at school. I was also thinking of Mario World because that would be the name of my future website(I want one or at least can help with one). But I decided that jon was easy to type.^_^
Plus, there's too many 'Mario' names. I probably should've done something with Luigi in the name, but jon is easier.
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2003, 05:47:38 PM »
One question: Why didn't you guys capitalize you user names? If you're lazy, when you make posts, you don't have to capitalize it, and it'll still turn out capitalized, you know.

Then there's me who doesn't even *HAVE* to type in anything in that spot--just click in the box--, nor put in the password, 'cuz the comp will do it automatically. :)

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2003, 06:28:46 PM »
Exactly! Sapphira's got it!
Oops, but I remembered, Jon looks pretty stupid to me, so I'll go with jon. It's easy for when people write my name in their posts when they're flaming at me!!!
Darn toes. I mean those people who are evil-like, well, you know-BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Bowser laugh.

« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2003, 07:20:38 PM »
Y'know jon, if you really want a website, you could MAKE one.. Geocities is pretty easy to use. You should try it.
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2003, 07:23:18 PM »
Really!?! If it costs money, then tell me. I'm too scared to go there and they suddenly want $100 off me! If you claim that it's easy-HOW easy?

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2003, 07:42:57 PM »
 Keep in mind that if someone was going to charge you for something, they'd need your credit card number, rather, your parent's card number to do so. As long as you don't enter such information, you're safe.

Geocities is sickingly easy to use. Trust me.

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2003, 07:47:19 PM »
Yeah, well, I did check it out and I need to ask which package would be best for a beginner?
Oh, I was thinking about the free one, but I don't think I have much small files on my computer. I have MIDI's for music, pictures, I can write some game help/Mario stories...I don't know where to begin!

Print