Print

Author Topic: Movies  (Read 6660 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: May 10, 2003, 09:45:59 PM »
What movies are you most looking forward to seeing?

The Matrix: Reloaded - May 15th, 2003
Bruce Almighty - May 23rd, 2003
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines - July 2nd, 2003
Johnny English - July 18th, 2003
Spider-Man II - July 2nd, 2004
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2003, 09:49:54 PM »
Matrix
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2003, 11:06:36 PM »
X2 (haven't seen it yet)
Hulk (whenever it is)
Fantastic Four (don't know when)
The Return of the King (later this year)
Spider-Man 2

Edited by - Chupperson WEIRD on 5/17/2003 8:13:28 PM
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2003, 09:11:07 PM »
*No spoilers*

Actually there is nothing to spoil.  The "Matrix: Reloaded" was terrible.  The movie's story was only about 15 minutes.  The rest of the time was fighting, car chasing, and special effects.  Watching it was like being forced to watch my little brother play stupid fighting and car racing video games for hours.  At least the first movie had a plot and there were things to figure out.  This one was all about the movie makers showing off there new special effects.  Don't waste your time or money at the theater.  Wait until you can rent it and fast forward through most of it.

*SPOILERS*

Everybody dies six times.  Not really, but that would have been better.

"To be Concluded."

Edited by - Luigison on 5/18/2003 11:32:53 AM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2003, 12:21:52 PM »
Actually, I'm going to see the Matrix: Reloaded in an hour. Now that I think about it, I'm looking more forward to Bruce Almighty.

--------------------
If things don’t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2003, 01:52:18 PM »
After hearing about the "awesome action" of the Matrix, I finally saw it four years later (that would be two days ago). I witnessed an hour and a half of kickin' plot and ten minutes of guard shooting. Now, this disappointed me. I expected an hour and a half of kickin' action and ten minutes of plot.

Flash forward to yesterday (that would be one day later). I watched Matrix Reloaded and witnessed an hour and a half of kickin' action and ten minutes of plot. Needless to say, it was like wiping my @ss with silk!

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2003, 05:35:23 PM »
Hahahaha! That line was funny from the movie. ...Although, please mind the profanity.
Man, that movie was INTENSE! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. And the car chase scene--Wow!
The first 15-30 minutes or so were a little slow, but afterwards the plot (and action) picked up. Man, that movie was great! Especially at the climax! Hoo!
IMO, they really should've taken out that..."intimate" scene and the mosh pit-like dancing (alternately switch b/w the two at the same time). That seemed pointless to the story and too much I didn't need (or want) to see. Other than that, it was excellent. Now I need to rewatch the first movie!

--------------------
If things don’t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2003, 05:55:23 PM »
Dudes! Matrix Reloaded was amazing! Who cares if it was nothing but fighting...it was still amazing! Loved the movie and I can't wait until I can see it again! :)
I like cheese!

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2003, 06:00:13 PM »
LOLA PRUE!!! Welcome back, Where have you been?! Its good to see you here at the forums again! And as all of you know:

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2003, 12:06:12 AM »
"Who cares if it was nothing but fighting..."
People like me, apparently. I don't waste money on stuff like that.

X2 was awesome. And, if I may be so bold, it's better than any Matrix movie could be.

Seriously. From an action standpoint, Matrix may be great. But I have the same views on movies as I do on games. If there's no substance, there's no point in exposing myself to it.

Does The Matrix Reloaded have any of the stuff that matters, like X2 does?
Love, hate, joy, sorrow, allegiance, betrayal, faith, despair, hope, and a message that really counts, not to mention incredibly deep characters?

Edited by - Chupperson WEIRD on 5/18/2003 11:16:40 PM
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2003, 12:10:06 AM »
Hmm...not as much. But my story does! ^_^
Heheh...Sorry, I couldn't resist putting that.

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2003, 12:17:01 AM »
Ha.
That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2003, 05:18:17 PM »
I wanna see finding nemo(I don't wanna hear any antidisney remarks either) and star wars episode three(if it ever comes out).

The world would be a much cleaner place if people would eat their own trash.
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2003, 05:38:55 PM »
Actually, although I'm not much of a Disney fan anymore, "Finding Nemo" *does* look funny.

*Two seagulls float in the water. A bubble comes up from behind one of them. The second sees it, "Nice."*
Heheh...I was ROTFL on that one. The PIXAR produced movies ARE funny, IMO.

Star Wars: Ep. 3 will come out. According to the pattern, I'd bet around May 2005.

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2003, 05:40:55 PM »
Ah yet another prophecy from the beautiful Sapphira....

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

Print