Print

Author Topic: Movies  (Read 6659 times)

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2003, 05:42:17 PM »
My GF's gonna kill me for saying that...

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2003, 06:07:54 PM »
I almost forgot to say, "The best think about seeing The Matrix: Reloaded was the T3 trailer."

I prefered The (first) Matrix over the first X-Men.  I mean come on, the guys eyes can burn through steel, but not his eyelids.  The original Matrix as I have said had a cool story and let you figure thinks out.  Anyway, I havn'e seen X-Men II so as someone said it may be better.

I just rewatch Armageddon and had forgotten how scientifically stupid it was.  One of my favorite movies was Apollo 13.  At least they got almost all of the science right.

Although I didn't like having so much fighting in The Matrix Reloaded, don't get me wrong, I do like some movies that have a lot of fighting and violence in them.  Fight Club is one of the all time best movies.  Maybe the fight scenes weren't as amazing as The Matrix Reloaded, but it had a great story, and it deserved the R rating.  The Matrix Reloaded got an R rating because they wanted it to look more mature.  And you know how I feel about the maturity of most people who play "mature" rated video games, but not other "nonmature" games like the Mario games.

Also, I am not hung up on specific actors or characters.  I mean I am a huge Mario fan, but the movie sucked.  The cartoons were way better.

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2003, 06:29:06 PM »
'The Matrix Reloaded got an R rating because they wanted it to look more mature. And you know how I feel about the maturity of most people who play "mature" rated video games, but not other "nonmature" games like the Mario games.'

I know. Really. One of the things I absolutely hate is when they add one scene or one profane word to make the rating of a movie go up. I will never understand why people think a higher rating or "more mature" = better.

Oh, and lol, Marionut. :)

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2003, 10:03:58 PM »
Oh, there was looooooooove alright, Chupperson ;) It just didn't appeal to Sapphira very much ;) ;)

Welcome again Lola, stick around and resurrect "Marching Band" or something will ya?

Luigison! Cyclops has mutated überstrong eyelids of course!

Chupperson Weird, I have read rant after rant by you about how cool the X-Men are today and have come to the conclusion that you are just a raving X-Men fanboy that must defend the X-Men at all costs. Like they can't defend themselves. Your only mutant power is to post an ungodly amount of times. I like X-Men. (That was the surprise ending.)

Marionut#1... You are a nut... Does your "GF" read all these posts or something? If so, I feel sorry for her! Wait, if she's going out with you then I already feel sorry for her!!!!! :P :P :P ;) ;) :) :(?

[No offense was intended to any party in the making of this post.]

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2003, 10:06:51 PM »
None taken, but then again, nothing was jokingly directed at me. lol. I actually thought your post was quite funny! ^_^

(As he said, no offense intended to ya guys. :P)

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2003, 07:26:39 PM »
Aw! I didn't know I was missed so much! I would be happy to talk about marching band all the live long day..and, might I add... you are "talking" to a State Champion of the 2003 Winter Guard Season for MCCGA. :) Sorry...basking...anyway...

I enjoy fighting movies! James Bond...probably my top action type movies. Finding Nemo looks so good and funny that I really want to see that movie as well! Also Bruce Almighty. Looks amazing!

Awsome awsome!

:)
I like cheese!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2003, 09:41:52 PM »
Bruce Almighty... I'm not even going to comment on the utter stupidity that that movie is.

Okay, first off, I'm certainly not an X-Men fanboy. I simply enjoy the X-Men movies way more than most other movies today. Fantastic Four is my all-time favorite comic book, and I don't like the X-Men anywhere near as much as I like the FF, but it does seem that my X-Men fandom is growing.
I wouldn't call my posts about them rants, but then, they may well be rants. Anyway, I simply feel that these movies are actually accomplishing something, unlike the majority of movies today, which are utter trash.

Also, Luigison, Mutants have natural defenses against their own powers, duh. Cyclops is immune to his own optic blasts. Same as Iceman is immune to ice/freezing, Pyro is immune to fire, etc.
That was a joke.

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2003, 10:13:35 PM »
I know they weren't rants. I was just satirically portraying how many of them I saw that day.

And like I said, überstrong eyelids!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2003, 12:03:46 AM »
Heh. Yeah.
Another thought occurred to me just now - I don't really see those posts as in defense of the X-Men; rather, I see them as a device to criticize the mass majority of stuff seemingly like those movies. But they're different.
That was a joke.

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2003, 08:58:27 AM »
Really the only reason I put that was to be comical.. I like to make my readers laugh. Besides, my GF knows how faithful I am to her and has nothing to worry about...At least Im alot more original then yelling out "Mama Mia" when noticing the piano bench is missing... NOTE the last comment was an attempt to make people laugh and not to hurt Lizard Dudes feelings or disturb him further, just like you would "Roast" your friends.

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2003, 08:47:00 PM »
WHAT THE? Hey, give me a stinkin' break. What would you do if the piano bench was missing? Stand around with drool hanging off your lip? *I* thought it was good...

Thanks for reminding me to get that in, though.

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2003, 09:03:16 PM »
Well, I would give you a "STINKIN BREAK" if you ever gave me one......

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2003, 09:10:10 PM »
WHAT THE? You forgot the ' after your stinkin, you rube!

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2003, 09:22:55 PM »
Whatever....besides the point
by the way what on earths a rube?
It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!

Edited by - marionut#1 on 5/30/2003 8:23:32 PM
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2003, 09:37:28 PM »
A rube is something
Not far from being a cube
More like it's a square