Print

Author Topic: "Super Mario 128": Speculation...  (Read 12395 times)

« on: December 08, 2003, 08:36:28 AM »
Hey, people...
As long as Miyamoto does not want to share his "little" secret yet, how's about we do a bit of speculation for the next Super Mario platformer on the Nintendo GameCube?

Here's some things we would like to discuss about Mario's next adventure:
-The final title of the game.
-What type of story would occur?
-What sort of problem would be going on?
-Who's the enemy, is it Bowser, or someone else - old or new enemies?
-Does the princess get kidnapped as always?
-Will Luigi go adventuring with Mario again?
-Will we see some old characters in this game, or weird brand new characters will appear?
-Will the levels be gigantic?
-What type of graphics?
-Would the characters change physical or fashional appearance?
-Will there be new personalities on our beloved characters?
-How difficult can this game be?
-Will there be extra features?
-Will there be more puzzles?
-Will the storyline be acceptable by all audiences? Better yet, will the storyline offer more surprises and solve certain Mario mysteries we always wanted to know?
-AND most importantly, as Mr. Miyamoto promised us, will this be the best Super Mario game ever? With all new-freshness and Mario himself going to be more mature?

Okay, gang, let's speculate!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!
...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2003, 03:21:01 PM »
I think that it will be very similar to SM64, in the way the levels are set up. I believe you will collect things like stars, but maybe they won't be stars. As for the story, I think their won't be much of any, like all Mario games. It'll basically be: Bowser kidnapped Peach. Save her. She is in the hardest to get to room, and will require you to collect special items that have the ability to unlock new levels.

Behold the overwhelming power of my signature and bow before me! BOW!
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2003, 07:08:06 PM »
I think it will involve mario and have 128 bit graphics.
Let me away from this boulder!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2003, 08:09:57 PM »
128?  Please, that is just a number.  The GameCube is 64.  I know you said graphics, and 128 would be very sharp, but SMB3, SMW, M&L:SS, and SM64 are four of my all time fav games and they are no way near 128.  I don't care that much about graphics anyway.  I want the unbeatable game play that Shiggy puts in all his Mario games (Mario Party games aside).  Oh, and some funny stuff like in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.  That is the best GBA game ever.  Well so far anyway.  I think Super Mario 128 or whatever it is finally called will very likely be the best home console game ever.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2003, 09:08:01 PM »
Shigeru Miyamoto on Mario 128: "I believe that with this game you'll be able to feel the 'newness' that was missing from Mario Sunshine." - date unknown

"As for Mario Sunshine, it would be very easy to take the Sunshine engine and create a sequel to that but really right now what we're focussing on is what really is fun, and how can we take that and find a way to make it accessible to a much broader audience."
- Shigeru Miyamoto, May 2003
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2003, 01:51:21 AM »
Ah! Here's something I've missed to put in the list:
-What sort of music will we expect Nintendo to put in this game?

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2003, 05:58:04 AM »
More mature?

I like the wackiness of Mario games.

Edited by - TheEggMan on Time slowed/and/Reality bent. But on:and:on the Eggman went. AM

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2003, 11:31:50 PM »
I liked the kuribo's shoe, i hope they bring it back.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2003, 10:08:55 PM »
-What sort of music will we expect Nintendo to put in this game?

More of Koji Kondo's classic steel drum jazz, I would hope, and expect.

Nothing says lovin’ like Chupperson from the oven.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 12/10/2003 8:11:57 PM

That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2003, 11:02:03 PM »
How about they make it a 2D strategy game where you control an army of 128 Marios? That would be fun!

("o0o") My metroid thinks you are stupid. People who
...v...v disagree with metroids often get sucked dry.
Oh, and Lizard Dude:"And there was this great Food Festival! Did you know that food this and food that...."-jon

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2003, 03:11:31 PM »
Nintendo reserved the 100marios.com address so the game might have something to do with controlling an army of Marios to complete missions (just like Pikmin).  The same mechanic will appear soon in the next instalment of Donkey Kong for GBA  (was it Donkey Kong Plus?)

Cele the Ref

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2003, 08:47:06 PM »
I heard 100 Marios was a test game for the engine of Pikmin.

I wish I were sun at dusk. ... ... ... ... ......ha ha kidding.
That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2003, 09:08:08 PM »
Maby it will involve bowser kidnapping peach.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2003, 09:14:58 PM »
   Domain Name: 100MARIOS.COM
   Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
   Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
   Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
   Name Server: DNS1.NINTENDO.COM
   Name Server: DNS2.NINTENDO.COM
   Updated Date: 02-jul-2003
   Creation Date: 16-may-2001
   Expiration Date: 16-may-2004

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2004, 01:51:06 PM »
Y'know what?

I always imagine a new Mario move, inspired by how Mario defeats Bowser in Super Mario 64, where Mario gets to grab his ennemy, a Koopa Troopa most likely, spin around and hurl it towards more ennemies for more 'kills'. Kinda like trying to get all your bowling pins down...

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2004, 02:04:15 PM »
Kinda like Wario World or Mario's throw in SSBM.

"Griddle cakes, hotcakes, pancakes, and flapjacks; Why is it we have four words for "grilled batter" but only one word for "love"?"- George Carlin
"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man."- Jebediah Springfield

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2004, 07:21:23 PM »
Yes, something few people realized. Mario's backwards throw in Super Smash Bros. is supposed to be his throw he uses on Bowser in Mario 64.

Form some speculation I hear, someone supposedly will leave the franchise or die or something. If ya' ask me, that's stupid. Having someone leave would be the video game equivalent of a TV show "jumping the shark."

http://www.jumptheshark.com

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2004, 07:51:22 PM »
Someone dying in a Mario game? What, did they run out of extra lives?

"Griddle cakes, hotcakes, pancakes, and flapjacks; Why is it we have four words for "grilled batter" but only one word for "love"?"- George Carlin

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2004, 04:23:32 PM »
I don't think the would kill off anyone important, like Yoshi or anything. If they do, it will probably just be someone like one of those seven kings from SMB3 or something. Hopefully...

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2004, 04:50:25 PM »
Why? You got something against those kings?

"Anytime I see something screech across the room and latch onto someone''s neck, and the guy starts screaming and tries to get it off, I have to laugh because, what is that thing?!"- Jack Handey

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2004, 05:04:31 PM »
They just dont seem all that important.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2004, 06:50:44 PM »
wheres dezzer, I FONT BELIVE IT!!!

"It is not spap." ~Chupperson
Formerly quite reasonable.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2004, 07:03:56 PM »
I always hated the King of Pipe Land.

No, no I didn't.  I'm just sayin' that.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2004, 11:12:39 AM »
The Nintendo Official European Magazine recently had an interview with Mr. Miyamoto...

One of their questions was about the next Super Mario platformer, but Shigeru Miyamoto answered that he could not reveal anything about it or how far have they completed it, fearing that other developers might steal his ideas, but all he said was that the game contained fresh new elements never ever seen before in any other game...

Oh crud! With all this secrecy, the game must be really really really really really that darn good!

Oh man! I'm now so anticipated that I JUST CAN'T BARELY EVEN SLEEP THINKING ABOUT IT! I CANNOT WAIT ANY LONGER TO SEE WHAT MIYAMOTO COOKED UP!!

I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT THAT GAME!!!

TEM

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2004, 04:41:17 PM »
I'm glad that the game is being kept secret, I want to be surprized.

Don’t make me go Zelda on you.

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2004, 04:42:58 PM »
That's also, however, what Shiggy said about Double Dash!! and I didn't find it that innovative.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2004, 08:22:34 PM »
I sometimes guess that Nintendo/Shigeru Miyamoto doesn't have a clear concept of what "innovation" actually is...

Super Mario Sunshine was supposed to ressurect the Mario franchise by having new innovative concepts (the FLUDD water pack), but some critics said it seemed the same as Super Mario 64 in terms of basic gameplay.

Zelda: The Wind Waker did recieve a huge graphical change, but that was about it. Nothing major was changed between that game and the Ocarina of Time. The basic gameplay was the same (as with all Zelda games). Every Zelda game I have played seemed to be the same concept, nothing extra was added to make the games seem fresh and new.

I think Shigeru Miyamoto should add something completely new to both the Mario and Zelda franchises, because each of the sequels I have played seems familiar to the original game. Nothing really new has been added to the games besides graphic changes and updated controls. What they need is something never before seen in the videogame industry... Something that would impress both Nintendo fans and non-Nintendo fans.

=========================================
Please read the below scentence.
Please read the above scentence.

The first sentence is true.
The second sentence is false.

This signature has no meaning, so I'll shut up now.

People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2004, 10:37:29 PM »
"Super Mario Sunshine was supposed to ressurect the Mario..."
Ressurect. The franchise is still very much alive.

"...but some critics said it seemed the same as Super Mario 64 in terms of basic gameplay."
Well duh. But anyway, why do you care about critics?

"The basic gameplay was the same (as with all Zelda games)."
Wrong again. I take it you've never played Zelda 2. Also, OoT had a ton of innovation.

"...nothing extra was added to make the games seem fresh and new."
What games have you been playing?

"...because each of the sequels I have played seems familiar to the original game."
Such is the essence of a franchise. Change it too much, and you ruin it.

"What they need is something never before seen in the videogame industry..."
Just be quiet and wait.
That was a joke.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2004, 10:41:59 PM »
You just contradicted (spelling) yourself there. The new graphics in Wind Waker was a true innovation to the Zelda series because never before has a hevay action game had cel-shading. I for one love the graphics in it. I just got the game about a week ago and can't stop playing it. It's by far one of the greatest games I've ever played.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2004, 11:05:07 PM »
Meowrik, I don't know if this is what you meant when you said (spelling), but it's resurrect.  Resurrection.  Two Rs, one S.

If at first you don''t succeed, try until you run out of syrup.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2004, 11:27:22 PM »
Well, I found a site on this subject. You all know the Site SuperMario128Central right? well this site is Called Supermario128UK. This site is only about SM128 as its currently called. none of the other stuff like that other place has. only pure SM128 info. Of couse, theres not much info to give so the sites at a loss, but they have some screen shots that may be real. Well, heres the link if you want to check it out.

http://www.n-cubed.com/mario128/

------------------------------

An 1857 pioneer- "Oh you hush! if god made it then it shouldnt hurt me!" *Eats a mushroom* The next day he died of poisoning...

Some things are good left unsaid. This may be one of them...

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2004, 02:55:15 AM »
Ugh!

Look at screens...

Can't breath...

That is next Super Mario?...

[faints]

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2004, 02:33:43 PM »
Well, it does say that they may be fake, but if not then they are just test shots that will be hopefully improved greatly. Heh!

An 1857 pioneer- "Oh you hush! if god made it then it shouldnt hurt me!" *Eats a mushroom* The next day he died of poisoning...
Some things are good left unsaid. This may be one of them...

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2004, 12:37:38 PM »
I hope that luigi will be featured. He was conspicuousouly absent in both SM64 and SMS.

Those who do nothing to die are doomed to a lengthend life. Or are they?... (*shifts eyes suspiciously*)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2004, 03:33:10 PM »
Well, those graphics seem very...interesting. Does this mean the new 3D Mario game will be a sidescroller? Yeah! I was hoping Nintendo would make a 3D sidescrolling Mario game eventually...
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

TEM

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2004, 05:33:29 PM »
I'm sure they're fake, I doubt Nintendo would let anything leak out about the next Mario game.

My other signature is a Porsche.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2004, 02:06:46 PM »
I saw this same images on a japanese forum.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?url=http%3A%2F%2Fbook.2ch.net%2Ftest%2Fread.cgi%2Fbizplus%2F1078235952%2F-99&lp=ja_en&tt=url

Although, they didn't say anything about them.

I also found some new Kirby images.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?lp=ja_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgameonline.jp%2Fsoft%2Fgba%2Fkirbykagaminodaimiekyu%2F.%2F.%2F.%2Fscreenlist.html%3Fp%3D1%26date%3D2004-03-02

At least they are new to me since I don't keep up with Kirby games.

---

"I'm not LD, I'm stupid."

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2004, 08:33:21 AM »
Y'know...

I get this weird feeling that Mario will start wearing Lara Croft-type sunglasses...

Do you think those sunglasses would look cool on Mario when he go's adventuring in the new game?

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2004, 11:57:34 AM »
why won't they do yoshi's story 2?!?! in the whole nintendo history there aren't any 3D yoshi game...there would be shy guys,baby bowser,koopa shells,and super berries,and if you eat one,you will change color! wich is really handy in some levels.
there is only one mario game that includes shy guys and bowser. paper mario.

(insert signature here)

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2004, 04:10:37 PM »
Yoshi's Story is a 3D Yoshi game.
Super Mario RPG had both Shy-Guys and Bowser.

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2004, 05:54:04 PM »

First screenshot
(THANK YOU CHARGIN CHUCK!)

************************************************************ Chupperson wants me to kill myself.

Edited by - luigifan on 5/5/2004 5:04:34 PM

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2004, 09:21:06 PM »
I certainly hope that the level setup isn't like Super Mario 64 or Sunshine... while those games were good, I have always, and most likey always will, prefer the classic Mario vibe. A 3rd game featuring the "Limited serving of 3-Dimensional but surprisingly cramped and sparsely enemy-infested levels, each of which must be played through several times in order to find Stars or other trinkets" motif would be boring, I think. What I want is something tha plays more like Super Mario Bros. 3 or Super Mario World in 3D. Only one simple goal in each level; survive and make it through to the goal, but lots and lots of varied levels, each crawling with potentially point-giving enemies to be defeated. Speaking of defeating enemies; powerups. GOOD powerups. I'll admit the caps in SM64 were sorta cool, if a bit redundant, but FLUDD and its various attachments were a major disappointment. What I would give to see the return of the Fire Flower or the Hammer Bros. Suit... and the Raccoon Leaf.

Of course, if SM128 is going to be as big a milestone as some make it out to be, perhaps it could encompass both worlds; having a play arc wide enough to include lots of old-school enemy bopping and pit jumping as well as trinket hunts, side quests, and newer gimmicks. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see. As for me... I'm gonna go play some SMB3. Ah, how I love the smell of Hammers in the morning...

Also, I love references. References, references, references. I hope they put in as many references to past Mario games as humanly possible. Little things like Geno and the "Mario's Pad" music showing up in M&L:SS.

Edited by - felineki on 5/5/2004 8:27:47 PM

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2004, 10:02:20 PM »
FLUDD was not a disappoint. If it was, SMS wouldn't have been such a success.

"Deezer is a moron, he listens to people like you guys, well, actually, he''''s barely working on his site anymore, always busy with other crap. Sapphira and Chupperson feel like they own the forum, or at least they act it"~jon
Deezer was here.

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2004, 10:17:03 PM »
nameneko,yoshi's story is a 2D game. and in SMRPG there is smithy,if you know what i mean. YS has got shy guys,but only baby bowser,same thing in YI.SMB 2 has shy guys also,but not bowser,just wart,and in tetris attack,well...it's really paneru de pon,so that doesn't count,and paper mario,well TA-DAH! there are koopas,bowser AND shy guys!

(insert signature here)

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2004, 11:41:01 PM »
 Myamoto talked about mario128. This is the question and the answere.

Question: You have said that the next Mario is going to be more mature. Are there plans to go through with this concept?

Miyamoto: Well, by that I didn't mean that Mario is going to be the game for adults, but rather I wanted to say more specifically about the game, is that the character is going to look less childish. I'm not saying that Mario is going to be like Conker's Bad Fur Day. You have seen Luigi's image in yesterday's footage, and I think that you would agree that Luigi is less childish now, that's the kind of thing that I was talking about when I referred to Mario becoming more matured.

P.S. NOOOOOOOO!!! Luigi is'nt wacky anymore, but we know now Luigi is in the game at least. I will keep you updated.

************************************************************ Chupperson wants me to kill myself.

Edited by - luigifan on 5/14/2004 9:34:34 PM

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2004, 10:19:57 AM »
"This guy named Myamoto"
You are a fool (more so for reposting that ridiculous screenshot).

Anyway, Nintendo VP of Corporate Affairs, Perrin Kaplan, stated at E3, "Miyamoto continues to work on a variety of different games and I think he's still got that in development, but he's just not ready to present it. He's got his attention on so many things and now with the DS coming he's just going to begin to finalize what he's working on. It has not disappeared, though, I'll just say that."

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2004, 01:44:47 PM »
Um, I am guessing luigifan doesn't know who the creator of Mario is, at all?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2004, 02:18:03 PM »
Let's scoff at him with our nerdular nerdance of our knowledge of all things Mario.

"Boy, I sure wish I had some dynamite."- Calvin
This is a secret coded message.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2004, 08:12:16 PM »
Luigifan, if you don't know who Shigeru Miyamoto is, you don't deserve to be at this message board.

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2004, 08:49:29 PM »
How is one to learn?

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2004, 09:50:10 PM »
Meowrik, if you're going to put down new guys, you don't deserve to be at this message board.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away, especially if you have good aim!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2004, 10:42:32 PM »
 thanks Markio...
I never really cared who made mario. All I cared about was playing games, and having fun. Whats the big deal? Although, I enjoy new games from him, now I know. You're terrible for talking like that. What do you think Mario would say? He would say Myomato is who created me. Not, you dont deserve to be on the message board. Markio is talking the Mario way.

« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2004, 10:58:40 PM »
Mario would say something like "Mama Mia," or something like that.

« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2004, 11:08:18 PM »
no, he would'nt. I think he'd fall down, then when he got up, he'd try to explain, but I'd have no idea what he said. Or maybe I'm playing superstar saga too much.

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2004, 07:25:19 PM »
No, he'd say "Mama Mia". Mario doesn't even know who the great Shigeru Miyamoto is.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2004, 07:48:08 PM »
Charles Martinet says when Mario sees Miyamoto, he says "PAPA!"

It’s hard to make up your mind when you don’t have one.
That was a joke.

« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2004, 02:28:01 AM »
I just had the weidest dream, which could be a vision!

I believe that the next Super Mario platformer will be a bit the Sonic Adventure games, where you have to play as the good guys and the bad guys in order to understand the whole storyline...

Do you suppose...?

What do you guys think?

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2004, 08:26:07 PM »
I wouldnt trust so much in dreams. I had a dream before MK:DD came out, that you would be a smurf, with the view from inside the car, and driving about a tabletop full of mushrooms, leaves, pencils, and forks.

« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2004, 08:14:02 AM »
Who here now believes that the next Super Mario will be the flag title for Nintendo's Codename 'Revolution'?

I still think it's coming for the GameCube!!!

« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2004, 07:44:41 AM »
Yahoo!!!

There's a very exciting tid bit within this quote:

In a recent interview in Famitsu Miyamoto said he expects that in about 3 years online-gaming will be a common feature for all games and he knows that Nintendo needs to plan for it. Also he mentioned that the Nintendo DS will get online games soon with assistance from Square Enix to build DS Online. On the GameCube front, Mario baseball is being developed with the assistance of NAMCO, Mario 128 is still being developed for GCN (expect this game to be at E3). A new Pokemon game is coming tor GC, perhaps this will be Pokemon RPG (time to catch them all again).

Source Famitsu

[Source]

The next Super Mario adventure will showcase in May!?

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES, C'MON!!

« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2004, 12:19:02 PM »
-The final title of the game.
Probably some Mario Adventures part...blah
-What type of story would occur?
Probably something missing, wich is stolen by a bad guy (Waluigi this time?)..Or one of the princesses is kidnapped again, because Bowser can't get his f**ing paws away from them.
-What sort of problem would be going on?
Read last answer..
-Who's the enemy, is it Bowser, or someone else - old or new enemies? New enemies, for sure!
-Does the princess get kidnapped as always?
It might happen again, as I said..
-Will Luigi go adventuring with Mario again?
Why not? They're brothers! :) Put Luigi in the highlights again!
-Will we see some old characters in this game, or weird brand new characters will appear? **** the old characters! Put Waluigi in the game!
-Will the levels be gigantic?
I hope so! Ours of fun..:)
-What type of graphics?
I think a bit the same as their last game..
-Would the characters change physical or fashional appearance?
They always look the same, you know how it might goes..
-Will there be new personalities on our beloved characters?
Would be fun! I don't know all of them yet, what do they hide huh? :P
-How difficult can this game be?
Easy to beat,  like every game.
-Will there be extra features?
Up to them!
-Will there be more puzzles?
I'll ask them..;)
-Will the storyline be acceptable by all audiences? Better yet, will the storyline offer more surprises and solve certain Mario mysteries we always wanted to know?
Yeahh Mario, what did you do behind our back huh? :P
-AND most importantly, as Mr. Miyamoto promised us, will this be the best Super Mario game ever? With all new-freshness and Mario himself going to be more mature?
I hope they're be more mature in their next game. So hopefully my mother wouldn't call me childish no more.
Close the World, Open the Next
-Serial Experiments, LAIN-

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2004, 12:28:15 PM »
Shigeru Miyamoto on Mario 128: "I believe that with this game you'll be able to feel the 'newness' that was missing from Mario Sunshine.  As for Mario Sunshine, it would be very easy to take the Sunshine engine and create a sequel to that but really right now what we're focussing on is what really is fun, and how can we take that and find a way to make it accessible to a much broader audience."

« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2004, 12:52:55 PM »
Yoshi had better have a huge role in it.  He had a role in Sunshine, but he could't go in water and the Yoshis in the game were never green unless they were about to die.  And Luigi had better be in it too so we won't have a repeat of "OMG! Tha LUIGI Ees In MariO 64 game By cODE!!!!!!!!"

Print