Print

Author Topic: "Super Mario 128": Speculation...  (Read 12394 times)

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2004, 11:27:22 PM »
Well, I found a site on this subject. You all know the Site SuperMario128Central right? well this site is Called Supermario128UK. This site is only about SM128 as its currently called. none of the other stuff like that other place has. only pure SM128 info. Of couse, theres not much info to give so the sites at a loss, but they have some screen shots that may be real. Well, heres the link if you want to check it out.

http://www.n-cubed.com/mario128/

------------------------------

An 1857 pioneer- "Oh you hush! if god made it then it shouldnt hurt me!" *Eats a mushroom* The next day he died of poisoning...

Some things are good left unsaid. This may be one of them...

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2004, 02:55:15 AM »
Ugh!

Look at screens...

Can't breath...

That is next Super Mario?...

[faints]

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!
...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2004, 02:33:43 PM »
Well, it does say that they may be fake, but if not then they are just test shots that will be hopefully improved greatly. Heh!

An 1857 pioneer- "Oh you hush! if god made it then it shouldnt hurt me!" *Eats a mushroom* The next day he died of poisoning...
Some things are good left unsaid. This may be one of them...

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2004, 12:37:38 PM »
I hope that luigi will be featured. He was conspicuousouly absent in both SM64 and SMS.

Those who do nothing to die are doomed to a lengthend life. Or are they?... (*shifts eyes suspiciously*)
Let me away from this boulder!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2004, 03:33:10 PM »
Well, those graphics seem very...interesting. Does this mean the new 3D Mario game will be a sidescroller? Yeah! I was hoping Nintendo would make a 3D sidescrolling Mario game eventually...
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2004, 05:33:29 PM »
I'm sure they're fake, I doubt Nintendo would let anything leak out about the next Mario game.

My other signature is a Porsche.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2004, 02:06:46 PM »
I saw this same images on a japanese forum.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?url=http%3A%2F%2Fbook.2ch.net%2Ftest%2Fread.cgi%2Fbizplus%2F1078235952%2F-99&lp=ja_en&tt=url

Although, they didn't say anything about them.

I also found some new Kirby images.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?lp=ja_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgameonline.jp%2Fsoft%2Fgba%2Fkirbykagaminodaimiekyu%2F.%2F.%2F.%2Fscreenlist.html%3Fp%3D1%26date%3D2004-03-02

At least they are new to me since I don't keep up with Kirby games.

---

"I'm not LD, I'm stupid."
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2004, 08:33:21 AM »
Y'know...

I get this weird feeling that Mario will start wearing Lara Croft-type sunglasses...

Do you think those sunglasses would look cool on Mario when he go's adventuring in the new game?

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!
...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2004, 11:57:34 AM »
why won't they do yoshi's story 2?!?! in the whole nintendo history there aren't any 3D yoshi game...there would be shy guys,baby bowser,koopa shells,and super berries,and if you eat one,you will change color! wich is really handy in some levels.
there is only one mario game that includes shy guys and bowser. paper mario.

(insert signature here)

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2004, 04:10:37 PM »
Yoshi's Story is a 3D Yoshi game.
Super Mario RPG had both Shy-Guys and Bowser.

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2004, 05:54:04 PM »

First screenshot
(THANK YOU CHARGIN CHUCK!)

************************************************************ Chupperson wants me to kill myself.

Edited by - luigifan on 5/5/2004 5:04:34 PM

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2004, 09:21:06 PM »
I certainly hope that the level setup isn't like Super Mario 64 or Sunshine... while those games were good, I have always, and most likey always will, prefer the classic Mario vibe. A 3rd game featuring the "Limited serving of 3-Dimensional but surprisingly cramped and sparsely enemy-infested levels, each of which must be played through several times in order to find Stars or other trinkets" motif would be boring, I think. What I want is something tha plays more like Super Mario Bros. 3 or Super Mario World in 3D. Only one simple goal in each level; survive and make it through to the goal, but lots and lots of varied levels, each crawling with potentially point-giving enemies to be defeated. Speaking of defeating enemies; powerups. GOOD powerups. I'll admit the caps in SM64 were sorta cool, if a bit redundant, but FLUDD and its various attachments were a major disappointment. What I would give to see the return of the Fire Flower or the Hammer Bros. Suit... and the Raccoon Leaf.

Of course, if SM128 is going to be as big a milestone as some make it out to be, perhaps it could encompass both worlds; having a play arc wide enough to include lots of old-school enemy bopping and pit jumping as well as trinket hunts, side quests, and newer gimmicks. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see. As for me... I'm gonna go play some SMB3. Ah, how I love the smell of Hammers in the morning...

Also, I love references. References, references, references. I hope they put in as many references to past Mario games as humanly possible. Little things like Geno and the "Mario's Pad" music showing up in M&L:SS.

Edited by - felineki on 5/5/2004 8:27:47 PM

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2004, 10:02:20 PM »
FLUDD was not a disappoint. If it was, SMS wouldn't have been such a success.

"Deezer is a moron, he listens to people like you guys, well, actually, he''''s barely working on his site anymore, always busy with other crap. Sapphira and Chupperson feel like they own the forum, or at least they act it"~jon
Deezer was here.

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2004, 10:17:03 PM »
nameneko,yoshi's story is a 2D game. and in SMRPG there is smithy,if you know what i mean. YS has got shy guys,but only baby bowser,same thing in YI.SMB 2 has shy guys also,but not bowser,just wart,and in tetris attack,well...it's really paneru de pon,so that doesn't count,and paper mario,well TA-DAH! there are koopas,bowser AND shy guys!

(insert signature here)

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2004, 11:41:01 PM »
 Myamoto talked about mario128. This is the question and the answere.

Question: You have said that the next Mario is going to be more mature. Are there plans to go through with this concept?

Miyamoto: Well, by that I didn't mean that Mario is going to be the game for adults, but rather I wanted to say more specifically about the game, is that the character is going to look less childish. I'm not saying that Mario is going to be like Conker's Bad Fur Day. You have seen Luigi's image in yesterday's footage, and I think that you would agree that Luigi is less childish now, that's the kind of thing that I was talking about when I referred to Mario becoming more matured.

P.S. NOOOOOOOO!!! Luigi is'nt wacky anymore, but we know now Luigi is in the game at least. I will keep you updated.

************************************************************ Chupperson wants me to kill myself.

Edited by - luigifan on 5/14/2004 9:34:34 PM

Print