Print

Author Topic: Beyond Shiggy-san...  (Read 2058 times)

« on: January 07, 2004, 08:17:36 AM »
Mr. Shigeru Miyamoto has presented us the most finest of Nintendo games ever!
If it wasn't for him, there would have been no Donkey Kong, Super Mario, the Legend of Zelda or any other game he created over the years!! If it wasn't for him, not even the Mushroom Kingdom website was here!!

However, despite all his creations, we always forget that Miyamoto is still only human...
Which means that he will not live forever!!
And if his future grave does not get him first (don't get me wrong, I wish for Mr. Miyamoto a long, prosperous life), his ageing and retirement will!!

Most of us here are most likely to stick around after he's long gone (you never know, you even might die in someway before the next Nintendo console gets released, and let's hope that does not happen)...

Aaaaaaanyway, enough of gloom and doom, let me get straight to the point:
How will the Super Mario series ever continue the same way it is now after Miyamoto's passing?
Let's discuss this issue shall we?

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!
...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 02:44:33 PM »
Just because he will be gone doesn't mean the Mario franchise will go along with him. Look at the Kirby franchise. The creator of it left recently yet they made Kirby Air Ride and are making  a brand new Kirby adventure for GBA. Also, Rare left Nintendo but they still are making Donkey Kong games.

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2004, 03:57:14 PM »
I have a feeling that Miyamoto will be happy to pass the paton (Sorry if I spelled that wrong) to the next person. I mean, I'm sure all of us have come up with a great idea for a Mario game before, and I think that somebody could easily pick up where Miyamoto left off. But, *sigh*, Mario just wouldn't ever have that same zing that it did and does (More did than does) now...

Made you look.
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2004, 04:24:22 PM »
Yeah, I would hope that Miyamoto would have a protégé of sorts, someone he's preparing to sort of follow his lead after he retires, to continue his visions for the respective franchises and try to emulate his ingenuity (if such a thing can be done).
I'm sure that the Mario Universe will persevere no matter what happens, though.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2004, 07:07:17 PM »
I'm sure Mr. Miyamoto has his own Rookie. Heheh, those who are playing Superstar Saga get my joke.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2004, 07:31:17 PM »
Hey, look at earlier threads to find the SAME exact thread from me.

Funny coincidence; that was my FIRST thread I ever made here having to do with what you're asking.

Weird.â„¢

"I do one sit-up a day. I get up in the morning; that''s half. I lay down at night; that''s the other half. I figured out a long time ago that my body was just for carrying my head from place to place." ~Mark Lowry
Formerly quite reasonable.

Print