Print

Author Topic: 'Super Mario 64' + Excess Paintings = Suspicion!  (Read 5849 times)

« on: February 23, 2004, 01:05:48 PM »
For those of you who played Super Mario 64, you may have noticed that there are duplicates of some paintings on the first floor that you can find on the ground floor of Peach's castle, as well as some extras, like the paintings of the sun & sky...

Lately, I was thinking...

I remembered that the game was the Nintendo 64's flag title, and that it was a 'hurried' game because Nintendo didn't want to delay the release of the Nintendo 64 any further...

Because of their hurry, Nintendo left out many graphical and narrative elements out of the game, despite the fact that Super Mario 64 was a great success.

One of the most popular left out elements was Luigi...

However, in this thread, I'm not interested in Luigi...

But this thread actually concerns the excess 'useless' paintings you find the game...

I may be wrong but do you think Nintendo had planned to make more levels in the game and left them out, leaving the empty spaces with duplicates and extras as some part of the decoration? That means Nintendo probably planned earlier that there should have been a total of 200 stars rather than 120!!

What do you think of my theory?

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 04:26:18 PM »
Well that could be true. As you may recall quite a few things were left unfinished and taken out *cough*Luigi*cough* so it is very possible.

-------------------------------------------------------------
A Powerful Quote from Family Guy:

Peter: Brian, come quick! There s a message in my alphabets! It says "Oooooooooooooooo"
Brian: ...Peter... Those are Cherrios.

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 04:39:13 PM »
Yes...I do believe muchos levelos were left out. And another thing: What's with the sign upstairs that tells you to walk, not run?

In the words of the greatest plumber of all time..."LETS A-GO!!!"
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004, 05:38:47 PM »
Maybe if you walk slowly by the sign you can unlock Luigi and all the lost levels!

My other signature is a Porsche.

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 07:12:51 PM »
You'd think that if it were that easy, someone would've found it out a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago.

In the words of the greatest plumber of all time..."LETS A-GO!!!"

~Stretched screen fixed. ~Sapph

Edited by - Sapphira on 2/24/2004 12:47:22 PM
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2004, 08:27:42 PM »
I really doubt it.

The Andorian Mining Consortium runs from no one.
That was a joke.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2004, 08:57:33 PM »
"My other signature is a Porsche."

w00t, go Porsche.

PRONUNCIATION OF Porsche: (Porsh-uh) NOT JUST "Porsh."

That's like calling TEM "The Egg" and Chupperson "person."

"And when he gets to Heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell/One more soldier reporting sir, I served my time in Hell." ~General Dwight D. Eisenhower, D-Day, 1944.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2004, 09:38:14 PM »
yes, well when I first got to that floor I tried to jump into the fake level painting aka normal paintings and gave mario a little headache... so I just always thought that they were for show. you know? like paintings bowser decided not to turn into levels.

------------------------------

Wheel_kirby

------------------------------
Some things are good left unsaid. This may be one of them...

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2004, 07:29:31 AM »
By the way, I just realised something...

Who here believes that Nintendo will add levels to the useless paintings in the Super Mario 64-remake for the Nintendo DS - namely Super Mario 64 x 4!?

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2004, 04:52:48 PM »
The painting of the sun is just the texture that is used for the sky level when you look upwards from the lobby area.  That said, just because nothing's been found doesn't mean it's not there... a lot of stuff was recently found in Banjo Tooie and Goldeneye, and they've been out for a while.  It's not as easy to look at stuff in cartridge games as it is in disc games to see what's actually there to prove/disprove the existence of more levels.  However, I wouldn't expect there to be much more than a test level or two, like in SMS, if there actually is anything leftover from development.  Actually there is a level select and debug menu that can be accessed with GS codes.

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2004, 05:04:38 PM »
Haha, level select? Why not just have a save with 120 stars?

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2004, 09:00:02 PM »
What if Peach's castle was broken/not finished?  It would have been used then.

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2004, 06:00:22 AM »
I KNEW IT!!

I recently heard that Super Mario 64 DS will have a total 150 stars instead of 120!!

I bet Nintendo had replaced some of the useless paintings with the worlds they originally planned in the... well... original game!!

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2004, 06:00:38 AM »
Er...
Some technical error...
It caused a double post...
I swear! I only clicked once!!

Edited by - Hope(N Forever) on 10/12/2004 5:14:17 AM

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2004, 05:35:22 PM »
that could be a possibility, on gamespot I watched a video where a guy was explaining there were new levels! but the video lagged severely behind the audio so I never saw where the painting he jumped into was >_>;
Hey, wazzap? It's the Phred-guy! Isn't that nifty?

Print