Print

Author Topic: 'Super Mario RPG 5': Development Speculation  (Read 6075 times)

« on: May 12, 2004, 09:19:06 AM »
I know it is way too early for such a topic since Paper Mario 2 will be coming out in October...

But I'd like to take this oppertunity to see what you people think about if Nintendo ever plans to release a fifth Super Mario RPG game...

I mean, who here believes that Square-Enix will develop the fifth game? Afterall, they are back with Nintendo and they are supporting the Nintendo DS all the way!!

What do you think will be in this game?

Which character do you believe will return?

Do want Bowser to be the main villain, or someone else?

On which system should this game appear? Afterall, there is one game on each of some of the late Nintendo systems...

Okay gang, lets speculate!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Edited by - Hope(N Forever) on 5/12/2004 9:37:26 AM

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 09:54:31 AM »
I would be happy if they came out with a game called "Super Mario RPG 2" instead of something like "Paper Mario 3".  I really hope Geno comes back, he was a great character.  I hope Bowser isn't the main villian, though I wouldn't mind if he was fighting Mario in the beginning, like in SMRPG.  I also think SMRPG2 should build on the idea of Smithy and where he came from.  The original SMRPG didn't really tell much about Smithy other than he wrecked the Star Road.  It would also be nice if Luigi were in the game, too.

Speculated.

Bozone, n.:
The layer of gas surrounding a person which prevents good ideas from penetrating.
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggy" until you can find a rock.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 02:17:44 PM »
"Afterall, they are back with Nintendo and they are supporting the Nintendo DS all the way!!"

Source?

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 02:28:16 PM »
I would love for there to be a SMRPG2, And for Geno and Mallow to return.  They were both great heroes, especially Geno.  If you could team up with Bowser again it would be great.  Smithy?  Do what you want with him.

Mario has fused with the N-force!
Mario has fused with the N-force!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2004, 03:46:12 PM »
What about SMRPG 2 through 4?

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2004, 04:31:15 PM »
I'l like for the main bosses to be all of the main bosses from other mario games. Level 1 could be in the mushroom kingdom, with bowser as the boss. In level 2 you have to travel to sarasaland with Tatanga as the main boss. Level three you have to get some magical thing from subcon and have to fight Wart as the boss. Then you need to go to the Beanbean Kingdom for something Cackletta has. Then something concerning the new enemy from Paper Mario 2 happens, then smithy does something. At the end the six enemies all join together and have their conjoined armies build a super big castle serving as the final level with them all tag teaming as the final boss, Bowser being the last, most difficult one.

Let me away from this boulder!
Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2004, 06:52:19 AM »
You want a source that says Square-Enix supports the Nintendo DS all the way!?

I give you a source that says Square-Enix supports the Nintendo DS all the way!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2004, 01:23:23 PM »
Specifically, they are producing the following for DS:
Egg Monster Heroes: In the first segment, players control a general and his troops. Flip them from behind to make them charge the opponents. Next, players enter into the “Egg Monster Battle,” where players can touch their monsters’ bodies to choose an attack method while aiming at opposing monsters’ weak parks.
a new Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles series game
and
a new Dragon Quest Monsters series game

n/a

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2004, 01:50:42 PM »
grumph
dp

We can learn a lot from crayons. They are different colors and some have funny names but they all live together in the same box.

Edited by - n/a on 5/13/2004 12:52:15 PM

n/a

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2004, 01:50:49 PM »
SMRPG5!? When did we get there?

We can learn a lot from crayons. They are different colors and some have funny names but they all live together in the same box.

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2004, 09:15:14 PM »
Possibly:
1) SMRPG
2) Paper Mario
3) Mario & Luigi SS
4) Paper Mario 2
5) SMRPG5?

Just a guess.  Logically, this topic should be about SMRPG2, not 5.  But it's not.

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2004, 07:23:48 AM »
Woo!!

Mario Baseball was announced, and it is said that Namco is helping out in the development...

Namco are developing just too many games for Nintendo lately...

I wonder if Namco is interested in making the next Super Mario RPG? After all, Namco did do Tales of Symphonia and Baten Kaitos, havn't they?

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2004, 10:10:48 AM »
I just want the original SMRPG to come to DS and then maybe a true sequel.  The game could have all of the same stuff as last time but with more levels, more enemies, more attacks, more weapons, more items, more mini-games (mine cart!), a harder quest after you beat it once, Luigi as a secret character, and a two-player battle mode!!  What more could you ask for?

Your forum board has been infected by the YSR virus. Please send an error report now so we can point and laugh at you.
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2004, 10:38:10 AM »
I could ask for a lot more, but instead would ask only for a new Mario & Luigi game for the DS.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

n/a

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2004, 12:12:59 PM »
Yes, a sequel to SMRPG would be quite nice. Especially since I've almost beaten it now. I think adding Luigi would be a good idea. Maybe something to do with Wart? I mean, nothing's been heard from him since SMB2, right?

Print