Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 476478 times)

« Reply #900 on: November 05, 2006, 12:00:19 PM »
I think you guys are going a little overboard with the multiple universes thing.
Senior Mariology professor

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #901 on: November 05, 2006, 12:25:10 PM »
Guys? I'm the only one even attempting it. It's kinda fun, actually.

« Reply #902 on: November 05, 2006, 05:50:43 PM »
Mario Party 7 : This one appears to be centered around alternate versions of places in the Real World. I can't think of a way to explain this...

Here's a way to explain it: Maybe those areas are the Mushroom Kingdom's equivilant to the places in the real world that they are based off of. Mario and Luigi could have explained (in great detail) to somebody about these places, and then the Kingdomers liked it so much that they started building/living in these areas.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #903 on: November 06, 2006, 03:11:08 PM »
That's a pretty good idea. Thanks Toad. There's still more to be done though, I'll revisit this topic later today...

« Reply #904 on: November 07, 2006, 03:42:37 PM »
Funny, Recently I was trying to make a lsit of places in the Mario-verse as major cities in the US. (Albeit it was for a little movie of mine with Rougueport being the city of Cleveland.)
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #905 on: November 07, 2006, 07:33:02 PM »
I just realized that Toad's theory is flawed because MP7 is post-Melee, so Mario was born in the Mushroom Kingdom instead of the "Real World". Doesn't matter at the moment, as I will be taking a break from my multiverse project to put out an idea for a new Mario Kart game which I will eventually post in the "New Mario Game Ideas" topic.

« Reply #906 on: November 07, 2006, 07:46:57 PM »
I just realized that Toad's theory is flawed because MP7 is post-Melee, so Mario was born in the Mushroom Kingdom instead of the "Real World".

The Mario Bros were born in the MK, but they were sent to live in the real world for a while.. alot can/could have happened in between the time they were babies and returning to the Mushroom Kingdom 20 years later. Perhaps they got to study abroad, and that's how they got to visit each of those places (I realise some of those places are in the USA..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #907 on: November 07, 2006, 07:56:27 PM »
In my theory, the World I Mario Bros. were born in Brooklyn and the World II Mario Bros. were born in the Mushroom Kingdom, but after the events of Melee, both the Worlds were merged together, thus eradicating World I Mario's backstory entirely.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #908 on: November 08, 2006, 04:00:09 PM »
While I like to believe in multi-verse stuff, I take it at a different aproach.  I usually give one universe for each series, unless stated otherwise.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #909 on: November 15, 2006, 06:49:34 PM »
You know, unless there's parrarel universes, Samus' and Captain Falcon's don't exists since it's in our worlds future. The Mushroom World could be in our own galaxy, same for Donkey Kong and Kirby. Link's planet could be in the galaxy too, but that series is obviously set in the past. Smash Bros. and Subcon are really the only places that could to be in another universe. Master Hand and all his awsomeness could have teleported everybody to his universe, and he designed the battlefields or some such stuff.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #910 on: November 16, 2006, 04:35:11 PM »
Okay, it's usually all in one universe, but there's more than one dimension that makes up said universe.  Okay, let's just say Mario and Luigi were born in one dimemsion (The Mushroom World), but grew up in another (the real world).
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #911 on: November 16, 2006, 05:03:57 PM »
See, initially I liked to think that there were two "main universes":

-The one that was largely made up of classic games, where Bowser had the Koopalings, the Mario Bros. came from Brooklyn, Yoshi's are animalistic, Bowser's minions are really dumb, Mario got his hands on a castle, and Wario was an evil villain
-The one where all the newer games are placed, where Mario and Luigi were born in the Mushroom Kingdom, Bowser has only one son, most creatures possess human intellegence, Mario is always living in a house, and Wario is a greedy slob (and has a brother).

Get it? That's how I wanted to explain all the differences.

Also, minor titles which would ordinarily be deemed "non-canon" by some due to all the inconsistencies and whatno would be considered multiversal crossovers.

Then I got the idea to separate games where Mario takes on a completely different role into universes of their own. I started with Dr. Mario, then moved on to things like Yoshi's Cookie.

One last thing I aimed to rectify was Rare's portayal of DK, but I haven't gotten around to that. I was thinking that the "old" universe would have the "classic" style DK, along with DK Jr., while the "new" universe would have Rare's DK, along with other DKC characters. However, there's still the matter of Cranky...

« Reply #912 on: November 18, 2006, 03:58:09 PM »
It's clear you're a comic book fan, but I fail to see how there's any hint that the Mario games reflect a DC Comics-type multiverse thing. I see two universes at most: the "real world" and the one that the games take place in.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 04:01:18 PM by frostbite »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #913 on: November 18, 2006, 08:02:27 PM »
I know there's no hints to it. I just thought this would be an interesting way of looking at it. Besides, this is nowhere near as bizarre as the "Triforce of Time" thoery for the Zelda series.

« Reply #914 on: November 19, 2006, 06:07:51 PM »
The Mushroom World could be real, Mario told Myimoto about his adventures, and thus they where made into games by Nintendo. This line of thought makes multiple universes for the games obsolete.

Print