Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 476429 times)

« Reply #1125 on: February 21, 2007, 05:41:48 PM »
If you played the game you would know that the Star Spirits were the only thing that could nullify the power of the Star Rod, but I won't doubt that Mario is essentially the Mushroom Kingdom's god figure.

I'd say that would be Shigeru Myamoto.
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #1126 on: February 21, 2007, 05:42:49 PM »
Gunpei Yokoi!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #1127 on: February 21, 2007, 06:07:14 PM »
I'd say that would be Shigeru Myamoto.

Shigeru Miyamoto.

Typos suck, don't they? XD
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1128 on: February 21, 2007, 06:38:21 PM »
Shigeru Miyamoto didn't save the Mushroom Kingdom a million times. I'm talking in the same context as Greek myths.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #1129 on: February 21, 2007, 06:42:54 PM »
I'm sure Mario didn't save The Mushroom Kingdom a million times either, maybe just a couple dozen times :)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1130 on: February 21, 2007, 06:46:56 PM »
Just exaggerating there, Sush. Mario is pretty God-like.

« Reply #1131 on: February 21, 2007, 06:53:09 PM »
I'm sure Mario didn't save The Mushroom Kingdom a million times either, maybe just a couple dozen times :)

At least once for every main Mario game (a game that isn't a spinoff), and then a couple of times in games that are spinoffs. He's saved the Kingdom in..

SMB
SMB3
SMW (he saved the Princess which in effect is saving the Kingdom..)
Super Mario RPG (yes, I'm counting the RPG's as main games)
Super Mario 64
Paper Mario
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (saved the Mushroom Kingdom and neighboring Beanbean Kingdom from Bowser, and Cackletta)
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (Mario and Luigi save not only the present Mushroom Kingdom from aliens, but also the past [and in turn saving the future] Kingdom, with help from their baby counterparts)
Dr Mario (saving the Kingdom from a major outbreak of virus..)
Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door (he wasn't just saving the Kingdom, but the World)
Mario Party 5 (saving everybody's dreams, which in effect was saving the Kingdom [from lack of sleep!])
Mario Party 6 (stopped the Sun and Moon from fighting, which in effect was saving the Kingdom [from Daylight Savings Time!])
Mario Party 7 (Stopping Bowser from ruining their party, which in effect was saving the Kingdom [from.. err.. too much party?])
Mario Party Advance (took all the Gaddgets back from Bowser so he couldn't use them on the citizens, thusly saving the Kingdom)
Super Mario Sunshine (again, saved the Princess which in effect is saving the Kingdom..)

EDIT: added M&L:PiT, and a description for the first M&L game.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 08:11:19 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1132 on: February 21, 2007, 07:00:34 PM »
That's a lot. Don't forget all the times he's saved the whole world and other things.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #1133 on: February 21, 2007, 07:03:37 PM »
I don't consider MaL inside the list, since The whole game MaL is in another kingdom (Well, everything besides the intro) so it doesn't count as saving TMK.

« Reply #1134 on: February 21, 2007, 07:06:19 PM »
It should count, since **SPOILERS for M&L**

Since near the end of the game, Bowletta goes back to the Mushroom Kingdom to get Bowser's Castle, and then states that her (his?) plan is to take over both Beanbean and Mushroom Kingdoms.

**End SPOILERS**

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #1135 on: February 22, 2007, 04:03:42 PM »
You forgot M&L:PiT in which the Marios and their baby selves save the Mushroom Kingdom of yesteryear and the Princess from the Shroobs, thus saving the MKs of both time periods, and possibly the whole universe.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #1136 on: February 22, 2007, 08:08:05 PM »
Whoa! Can't believe I missed that one. One of my favorite DS games (even though it is a bit short). I guess I somehow thought that I had it on the list as I read it over, thinking that M&L was also it's sequel.

Temporary insanity. :p

« Reply #1137 on: February 28, 2007, 03:17:17 PM »
Subject change...

Domes are plants.
They could have thick outside covering of bark or leaves, and over time dirt can get trapped in it, giving it a solid exterior. And in Mario Golf TT, if you hit a ball on top of one it says "tree".

Open your mind to new things and think it over.
Senior Mariology professor

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1138 on: February 28, 2007, 07:15:15 PM »
I always figured that they were hills. It seems unlikely that dirt would build up inside one of them.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1139 on: February 28, 2007, 08:23:10 PM »
Domes?
...domes?
That was a joke.

Print