Print

Author Topic: Re: Whats up between Mario and Yoshi  (Read 5714 times)

« on: July 10, 2002, 05:53:26 PM »
maybe yoshi thinks get of my back and mario thinks wow what a good chair.
     I LOVE MARIO

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2002, 05:59:24 PM »
yoshi is green and mario is a human
     I LOVE MARIO

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2002, 09:02:03 PM »
I think Yoshi probably feels like a parent to Mario. He did save the kid's bacon in YI, and he'll put himself right in the line of fire if it helps Mario.

"Like the moon over
 the day, my genius and brawn
 are lost on these fools."
       -Bowser, SMRPG

Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?
Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2002, 04:03:55 AM »
Yeah I guess you have a point there, but now Marios grown up, he's not a baby anymore.

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2002, 01:02:41 PM »
He's Not A Baby Anymore??He Was My Hero. :-(
     I LOVE MARIO

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2002, 01:51:14 PM »
Mario seems to have stolen the spotlight, so it seems. Poooor Yoshi. His baby is all grown up. But is that really what he's thinking?

Hmmmmmm I wonder.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2002, 07:07:04 PM »
Nope. I think deep down inside, so deep down that he cannot truly express it, Yoshi really actually HATES Mario. Here is my proof:

1. Mario hits Yoshi in SMW. Then he ditches him to get certain exits, such as Cheese Bridge Area -------> Soda Lake. Yoshi HAS to hate Mario for this disrepect.

2. Yoshi hasn't gotten a real role in any N64 Mario game. Yes, there was Mario Golf, Tennis, and the Mario Party games, and Mario Kart 64, But as for REAL Mario adventure type games.... He only makes Cameo roles. Luigi must feel the same way.

3. Notice that in SMW: Mario leaves Yoshi outside of all the castle and Ghost House and fortress levels. I can see Yoshi interpreting this the wrong way.

4. In SMW2, Baby Mario was an annoying brat. All he did was sit there and cry when Yoshi got hit. Yoshi risked his tail for Mario in that game, yet what did Mario do? Ok, he became invincible in about 5 or 6 levels, but that's about it. He wasn't a real help.

5. All other species of animals are naturally fealful and hateful of the Human Race. Yoshies are no different. Yes, you can likely tame them like you can a dog or cat, but I still doubt my dog trusts me at all, it probably likes me only because I feed it. Yoshi is thus no different.

Yes, my logic is flawed somewhat, but I have other reasons as well that would likely get me banned from the boards if I stated them. Keep that in mind as well. I think Yoshi should just WASTE Mario one day. He has the abilities, therefore I think he should use them. That is all.

You know what? I got really, really bored one day so I decided to change my signature.
~I.S.~

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2002, 10:25:04 AM »
Well Yoshi can beat Mario in about 3 games I'm not for sure.

1. If they are both in front of the net in Mario Tennis for N64, he can hit him in the forehead. I do it all the time.

2.When Yoshi shoots something and hits Mario on Mario Cart for N64.

3. On Super Smash Bros. which is just plain fighting.

See Yoshi get's plenty of his revenge.

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2002, 10:32:29 AM »
By the way when you say REAL like that do you mean for example a Mario game called Mario vs. Yoshi?

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2002, 10:36:33 AM »
Sorry about that first reply I made about the revenge, but in my opinion Yoshi gets pkenty of revenge.

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2002, 02:15:55 PM »
I beg to differ with Insane Steve's reply:

1. Mario does NOT hit Yoshi in SMW. He is pointing. Also, if you have a Blue Yoshi with a shell in it's mouth, or any Yoshi with a Blue shell in it's mouth, you don't have to ditch him.

2. You forgot SMW and SMS when you said that, it seems.

Oops, neither of those is N64, but SMS is on GameCube, which would mean a better starring role than on N64.

3. Mario doesn't want Yoshi to get hurt or scared, because you're likely to die in the later castles, ghost houses, and fortresses. Remember the elephant in DKC3? It gets scared, turns around, and runs whenever it sees a measily rat!

4. All babies are usually like that when their parents get hit. That's not disrespect, that's more like realism. Besides that, Mario gets kidnapped if you don't get to him in time. He must sense that, since he senses where Luigi is in that game as well.

5. Yoshi is happy to see Mario in SMW, SMRPG, and SM64.

I'd think that settles it. If I had a digital camera I would show you a picture of Mario "hitting" Yoshi, and Yoshi's head isn't down yet, plus he still has that look of "fear".

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

Edited by - MadMario on 7/12/2002 1:25:32 PM

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2002, 02:28:57 PM »
Yuo ride yoshi in sms?

If you do I am getting that game, I have been waiting for another game were mario rides yoshi !

*I am a yoshi fan, but all the good names were taken*

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2002, 02:33:16 PM »
Sure we may have gotten the same answer in that Yoshi Color quiz, Insane Steve, but remember that Light Blue Yoshi got second place on my result. Therefore, I usually try to stand up for things I believe in (read: Luigi being in SM64 and Mario pointing in SMW).

Wait a second! Didn't you get that too? You must be standing up for the idea that Mario hits Yoshi in SMW.

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2002, 02:36:08 PM »
I got a double post because I was disconnected right after I clicked on Post New Topic. Didn't seem like it got through.

kirby_101, I thought you were banned.

Edited by - MadMario on 7/12/2002 1:44:12 PM

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2002, 03:04:07 PM »
I must also beg to differ on everyone:

Yoshi does appear in his own game, it's a little game called Yoshi's Story for N64.

Sigamature! Sigamature!
Sigamature! Sigamature!

Print