Print

Author Topic: Religion  (Read 70663 times)

« Reply #135 on: October 02, 2002, 08:06:40 PM »
That's the way, Eagle. Skip to the end and see how many vicious flames broke out. There don't seem to be any.

P.S. I did the same thing.

"Thus Spake Lizard"

« Reply #136 on: December 13, 2002, 04:24:56 PM »
is black mage still here?
if so i would like to continue this debate
if not, s'aright

my favorite quote from our kind and loving and generous and caring God: my wrath will flare up, and i will kill you with the sword. and your own wives will be widows, and your children orphans.

_0-/<______________
who wants to buy a skunkle?
_0-/<):________________
Y8FooD...well, you did

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #137 on: December 13, 2002, 11:57:14 PM »
Ah, he was... but now he's not.

"Thus has it ever been! Thus shall it ever be!"
That was a joke.

« Reply #138 on: December 30, 2002, 12:49:02 PM »
Okay...apparently I've been gone WAAAAAAAY too long! Why are we talking about Santa?
I like cheese!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #139 on: December 31, 2002, 01:53:50 AM »
This topic is SCARY!
Anyway, I have proof that God is real because once he let me see the cosmos for a split second. Verily, I say unto thee.
That was a joke.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #140 on: January 05, 2003, 08:55:09 PM »
 "is black mage still here?
if so i would like to continue this debate
if not, s'aright"

Yes, yes, I'm around. Just, not real active.

"my favorite quote from our kind and loving and generous and caring God: my wrath will flare up, and i will kill you with the sword. and your own wives will be widows, and your children orphans."

Hmm, that sounds like it's from the Old Testament. I'm no expert on the subject of religion, and can only offer to you what I have learned, rather, can only argue what I know. From my belief, the God of the Old Testament acted much different from that of the New Testament. Now, that's not to say they are two seperate entities, but have changed over time. It's quite noticable, when God had asked Abrihm to sacrifice his own son. However, God had stopped him before he was about to. Or another instance, with King David, to teach David a lesson, his family was killed and he lost quite a bit. However David was given a new family and all that was lost was returned to him upon redeeming himself. Now, that sounds alright for David, but what about his wife and children? Yes, they were killed. I would assume taken to Heaven, but one cannot be sure.

However, in the New Testament, things are different. It seems God has left things to Jesus, and no longer directly required the people to do his wishes. My guess on this difference, is how the Jews of old precieved God differently. In the Old Testament, they feared God, I mean, who wouldn't? They had no one to interpurt the word, save Moses and Abrihm and a few other leaders. But still, no one with the same appeal or strength of word as Jesus. With Jesus, God's love was explained on a higher level. Easier to understand, one could say.

« Reply #141 on: January 06, 2003, 02:40:40 PM »
i really wish i could remember what book that quote was from
something with an "l", maybe...

why does God let so many bad things happen
that's my question
no one can really answer it, but i'd like to hear your opinion

_0-/<______________
who wants to buy a skunkle?
_0-/<):________________
Y8FooD...well, you did

« Reply #142 on: January 06, 2003, 09:57:58 PM »
It's really hard to explain through my point of view. I don't think God ALLOWS bad things to happen, but PEOPLE allow things to happen. Bad things (or good). God knows what's going to happen in our lives, and can prevent them, but it's the people who are blinded by evil, or who just can't see the light that cause the bad things to happen. God just doesn't throw planes out of the skies to kill hundreds....people do that. We are not perfect.
I like cheese!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #143 on: January 12, 2003, 09:15:41 PM »
 Indeed, I agree with Lola Prue. Very well said.

I also do not see it as God allowing it to happen, but people. God has given us 'free will.' It allows us to make our own decisions and not to be dictated directly by anyone else. Sure, one solution to all of our problems would be for God to run our lives for us, but would you want that? Personally, I'd rather live my own life, guided by God rather than controled. I think that us humans can find the answers to our own problems, if we look to God. Through our own strength, our own will.

So, I think it's much more of a respect issue. At least, that's how I view it. God respects us enough to let us live our lives without stopping us at our every mistake. (I personally find it annoying when people point out my errors when not asked)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2003, 12:15:50 AM »
I agree. It's not God being careless or something, but it's sort of like a parent letting his kid make some mistakes to learn for himself. The problem is, the Human race has made far too many mistakes...
That was a joke.

« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2003, 05:52:39 PM »
Indeed we have! Too many to count!
I like cheese!

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #146 on: February 04, 2003, 10:53:55 PM »
For those of you who don't believe in God and Creation, etc... There is proof! God does exist! Creation is real! Evolution is fake!

CSE Videos

CSE Mp3s

Edited by - goodie on 2/2/2005 9:16:15 PM

576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #147 on: February 04, 2003, 10:55:50 PM »
Yeah, all evolution is is an unproven hypothesis.

I write poetry when I`m not looking.
That was a joke.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #148 on: February 04, 2003, 11:04:31 PM »

Edited by - goodie on 2/2/2005 9:09:19 PM
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #149 on: May 23, 2003, 12:13:07 AM »
My, my... Quite an interesting topic.
I DO love a good argument, though I may regret reviving this thread... I shall post my beliefs later.

Hmm...I wonder where you guys think *I* am in this issue, although probably some of you can figure it out...
I'd like to see how this discussion turns out with new people here...

I actually have a VERY interesting occurence which happened in dealing with this issue... But I won't say anything for a little bit...maybe until someone responds...

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Print