Print

Author Topic: Funniest Moment in a Mario game?  (Read 38969 times)

« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2007, 05:48:43 PM »
Almost everything involving Booster in SMRPG was amusing. I find it weird how he didn't know how to eat a cake yet he knew perfectly well that you're supposed to tie your cord before bungee jumping.

Well, he has a tall tower, so he probably has bungee jumped off the top floor before..

"Aah! A party! We haven't had one of those. So, what is a party?"

"You drink punch and eat cake, I think!.."

"Drink punch? Eat cake? Sounds complicated. I don't know if I can muster the energy to do that."
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2007, 01:40:16 PM »
When Toad said he can't fight Bowyer "because I left my bazooka at home, SHEESH!" (SMRPG)

What the...? I don't recall Toad saying that. You mean Mallow amirite?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #137 on: March 12, 2007, 03:28:09 PM »
I think he meant to say Croco, right after you first meet Mallow.

« Reply #138 on: March 13, 2007, 12:03:38 AM »
Uhhh... doesn't the Toad guarding the exit of town say it after Croco runs out after you first meet Mallow?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #139 on: March 13, 2007, 05:18:36 AM »
Yes, and it wasn't the one actually called Toad in the game.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #140 on: March 14, 2007, 02:57:22 AM »
But it is a Toad. That's why I said "the Toad" and not "Toad".

« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2007, 11:40:48 AM »
We prefer the term "mushroom retainers."  It has such a nicer connotation.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #142 on: March 14, 2007, 12:34:22 PM »
For the record, it annoys me when people call Koopa Troopas "koopas", as that's the collective name of the race, not those particular individuals.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #143 on: March 14, 2007, 03:38:13 PM »
Not to mention offensive.
every

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #144 on: March 14, 2007, 06:00:47 PM »
Oh, balderdash. "Koopa Troopa" sounds silly, and most people find that all Koopas are enemies, thus, in their mind they belong under one banner. Also, we call people in the army just that--people. Koopas, being a non-human race, can collectively be called Koopas, even if they aren't employed by Bowser.

Hmm... On further consideration, I became less confused by Glorb. Here is my final answer. Sure, they're called Koopa Troopas formally, but Koopas is not so truncated to the point where it has little meaning.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #145 on: March 14, 2007, 06:31:02 PM »
But not all Koopas are enemies, and Hammer Bros., Boom Booms, Chargin' Chucks, and Magikoopas are Koopas, too. Therefore, the regular ones are called Koopa Troopas, and the ones with wings are called Paratroopas. Heck, in the games, the regular one is always referred to as a Koopa Troopa, and nothing else. That indicate anything?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #146 on: March 14, 2007, 07:22:46 PM »
And yet, when one mentions only the word "Koopa," you envision the Koopa Troopa. This isn't something that requires a great deal of formality, usually!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #147 on: March 15, 2007, 12:47:32 AM »
Person, government man, president, murderer, old lady, you, I, this guy... You see where I'm getting at? When you say "person," you envision... a person.
This is something I hate, when people assume that they're going to offend someone else (made up or not) without first considering if they would be offended in the same position. Mario having an Italian accent is one example; someone once posted they thought that may be offensive to Italians in general. With an American accent, would he offend me? By no means. If he had the same accent you have, would you think anything of it? I highly doubt it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #148 on: March 15, 2007, 05:00:22 AM »
... so can we call them "koopas"?
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2007, 01:21:19 PM »
I only think they should be called Koopa Troopas because they're a specific type of Koopa, just like all the ones I mentioned above. "Koopa" is really a collective term.

Print