Poll

Which last name do you think is best suited for Mario

Mario Mario (best as it is)
Mario Miyamoto (after the creator)
Mario Mushroom (idk)
Mario _______ (insert name here)
Mario (no last name)
Print

Author Topic: "That last name"  (Read 23500 times)

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2006, 08:20:11 PM »
Sapphira, you are the most beautiful creature on the face of the earth right now.

Huh? Why did you say that?
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2006, 09:29:05 PM »
Best as it is.  It's not common for a person's surname to be identical to his/her first name, but I think "Mario Mario" fits this Italian plumber.

"Mario Miyamoto" WTD? I understand that it's after the creator, but why would an Italian have a Japanese surname?

Also, think of the humor opportunities with an Austin Powers or James Bond parody with Mario starring as Austin or Bond!
"Name's-a Mario.  Mario Mario."

"Let me guess, Luigi Luigi?"
"No.  Luigi Mario."
LOL  I need to see that part, no matter how bad the movie is!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2006, 09:57:44 PM »
Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of Mario, has stated that Mario's surname is indeed Mario. Sapphira is wrong (beauty notwithstanding).

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2006, 09:58:20 PM »
Mario Mario. Shigeru Miyamoto even said that he agrees with that, and who knows more about Mario than the guy who created him?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2006, 12:14:56 AM »
... and who knows more about Mario than the guy who created him?
Mario does.  We need to ask him.

Quote from: pt_peach
Huh? Why did you say that?
Because, for a moment, it was true.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2006, 02:16:53 AM »

Which last name best suits mario?
Notice the question doesn't ask what is his last name.

"Mario" as his last name sounds ridiculous, regardless of it being true or not.

I just love how everyone keeps misinterpreting what I say and then goes against me, when they don't even correctly perceive what I say. Jeez.

DeadAwake, ahaha, wtd
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2006, 05:24:31 PM »
Sapphira ought to go back to her original posts and make them bold, and then quote what she wrote with the bold there first.

I like him without a last name.  Giving him a full name is too specific, and hints at a past instead of the present.  To be honest, I prefer less information.  Like, if you were being held captive by some giant spiky turtle with fire breath, and you're suddenly wisked out of that prison by some random italian plumber, and you're running through the foliage with hundreds of mutant mushrooms and hammer-wielding terrapins in pursuit, would you really stop to ask, "Oh, before you save my life, could you tell me about yourself, it seems so much more important?"  Why do you think Peach doesn't marry Mario at the end of the game?  Because they've only seen each other for a few seconds.  A kiss seems like a very generous thing to give him.  If they're making "Mario Parties" and "Mario Golves", they might as well make a "Mario Acquaintance" for the people that think it's so improtant to know every little detail about some fictional character solely placed in the game so the player can has something legible to move around.

And I don't really mean all this, but I do prefer no last name.  It ruins the suspense, that's all.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2006, 09:24:16 PM »
And I don't really mean all this, but I do prefer no last name.  It ruins the suspense, that's all.

I like the way this man thinks.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2006, 10:12:15 PM »
Sapphira ought to go back to her original posts and make them bold, and then quote what she wrote with the bold there first.

But then her post would be edited so people wouldn't know if that was in fact what she originally posted.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2006, 02:05:59 PM »
Mohammad is spelled Muhammad.

As an Arab, let me inform you that it does not matter how you spell an Arabic/Islamic name with the Latin alphabets, as long as you get the pronounciation right!

Anyways, as for what I believe best suits Mario as his surname, in my opinion, I think I'd go with the official: Mario!
Seriously, fictional characters seem a lot more elaborate when they own a surname! It's make them seem so great!

However, as much as that is my opinion, I'll always go calling the Mushroom Kingdom hero as none other than Super Mario!!
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2006, 02:52:28 PM »
As an Arab, let me inform you that it does not matter how you spell an Arabic/Islamic name with the Latin alphabets, as long as you get the pronounciation right!

Anyways, as for what I believe best suits Mario as his surname, in my opinion, I think I'd go with the official: Mario!
Seriously, fictional characters seem a lot more elaborate when they own a surname! It's make them seem so great!

However, as much as that is my opinion, I'll always go calling the Mushroom Kingdom hero as none other than Super Mario!!

But Muhammad is pronounced "Mu-ham-mad". I'm Muslim, but not arab. meen dooma, ha fatha, meem shudda, daal socoon. Anyways, I've started to agree with Sapphira. Mario just plain sounds better! XD
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2006, 03:45:38 PM »
Mario Mario. Shigeru Miyamoto even said that he agrees with that, and who knows more about Mario than the guy who created him?

For once I agree with Vid.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2006, 04:40:01 PM »
But Muhammad is pronounced "Mu-ham-mad". I'm Muslim, but not arab. meen dooma, ha fatha, meem shudda, daal socoon.

Yes. I agree. This is the only way to spell the name correctly: محمد
Sorry, I don't know how to type in nekkudot though...
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2006, 06:51:56 PM »
82% of the people who practice Islam are not arab.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2006, 07:03:04 PM »
97% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Print