Print

Author Topic: The PROTOTYPE topic: Discuss all PRE-RELEASE video games here!  (Read 32642 times)

« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2007, 01:23:52 AM »
DRX predicts there are some SMW beta carts leaked outside of the Nintendo world.
Their value may rise up to about 50 000, most likely.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2007, 10:34:07 AM »
That was a really ambiguous post.
They predict, so they really aren't sure? Predict meaning they are saying that what they think happened in the past will in reality have happened in the future? I don't understand!
That was a joke.

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2007, 05:53:16 PM »
I guess it's just human nature. If that prototype were the final and vice-versa, we'd probably say the same thing.

Umm... I dunno, I never thought protos were BETTER than the final copy.  I always do think that there are some ideas the could have kept from the protos.
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

« Reply #123 on: January 14, 2007, 05:22:48 PM »
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 05:27:49 PM by cantthinkofaname »
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #124 on: January 14, 2007, 05:33:46 PM »
Hey, you're the one who has $500.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #125 on: January 14, 2007, 06:28:55 PM »
Yeah... but I already blew off about $300 on video games and airsoft stuff.

Maybe I'll use the left over money for the unreleased Donkey Kong game.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2007, 07:48:36 PM »
Anyone ever come across the "Debug Room" (officially called "The World Map" in game) in SMRPG? I tried out the codes to get to it in the ROM, and I managed to map the entire area shortly after.

When you first enter this room, a message appears across the screen, in the fashion of "narrator" messages:

The World Map
Talk to the person of the place
         you wish to go to.

The Mario facing the screen is the one the player controls (and additionally the starting point), while the other does absolutely nothing but can be jumped on like a normal NPC. Talking to the Toads or Bowser will cause them to ask the player if he wants to go to a certain place (i.e. Nimbus Land), and thus the player can warp anywhere in game no matter what the progress is or what party members he has. Another Toad in the room also grants Mario the ability to gain any party member he wishes. The BGM for this room is the same as that for the Mushroom Kingdom area. The room exists in the Japanese version as well.

I also have a ZSNES save state somewhere if anyone wants it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 06:01:20 AM by NintendoExpert89 »

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #127 on: January 31, 2007, 01:13:36 AM »
Yep, that's a big entry that we haven't yet gotten around to adding to Lost Bytes.  We do have something special coming up in the fairly near future for that section though...

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2007, 10:52:09 AM »
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2007, 10:27:22 PM »
Looks like the Mario half of the 2-player E3 2005 demo.
That was a joke.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #130 on: February 19, 2007, 02:20:44 PM »
I tried....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSH_kRN3keM

This would make and awesome Wii game though. You should find more beta videos about a N64 version of Kirby Air Ride.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #131 on: February 19, 2007, 05:27:30 PM »
A Kirby Tilt and Tumble sequel would be pretty awesome for the Wii.

Print