Print

Author Topic: could this happen?  (Read 15205 times)

« on: May 17, 2006, 07:09:29 PM »
this is just what i think could happen im not spreading a rumor

mario games now has the kiddie image. i honestly dont care. sonic the hedgehog changed there image to appeal to older kids. it worked. but do you think nintendo might try to do that with mario? i hope not mario is perfect the way it is. but nintendo would make more money.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 07:20:48 PM »
I don't think they would do that because a great company like Nintendo wouldn't change marios ways just to make more profits. Nintendo doesn't need to change the game styles (maybe a little) but they need a game that everybody can love like a platformer. But instead nintendo is turning mario and the gang into sport players, dancers, party goers, and pinbal machines. Wait a minute, nintendo IS changing marios ways!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 08:05:00 PM »
Yes I totally agree. The chang of Mario over the past year or two hasn't been great. Nintendo needs to make more old fasioned mario games like the new SMB and paper SMB. Those two games are a step in the right direction and I hope Nintendo keeps making games like that.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 08:10:13 PM »
Amen to that!

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 08:20:32 PM »
this is just what i think could happen im not spreading a rumor

sonic the hedgehog changed there image to appeal to older kids. it worked.

No, I think Sonic games are worse now. And really.....does it matter what they do to Mario? Heck, I think a shot 'em up would be cool! Okay, so mabey not that, but an older Mario (as opposed to the whole 'Mario Party' image we see today) would be alright. Besides, I doubt Nintendo has the heart to do that. Sega already had experiance with blood and gore games before they even uped the "adultness" (if's that's even a word) of Sonic. Just wait and watch. Mario will always be the Mario he's always been.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 09:09:15 PM »
shadow the hedgehog is selling realy good..........but it sucks. nintendo earns there money buy making good games like mario.

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 10:03:44 PM »
It worked for Sonic? Really now when did this happen?

Nintendo just needs to stop with the goofy charecter designs and put in a few more darker colors instead of the hippie Mario Sunshine look.
Senior Mariology professor

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 12:37:45 PM »
No they don't! We don't want mario games to look like splinter cell!

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 02:44:53 PM »
No they don't! We don't want mario games to look like splinter cell!
Agreed.

I wonder about anyone who has something against the Mario Sunshine look. Even if it looks somewhat different from the original games, that doesn't necessarily make it bad (though I prefer the original look over it), and the fact that it doesn't have dark colors like "mature" games doesn't make it "kiddy" or "hippie" (ugh) in the least.

Also, I don't think that Shadow the Hedgehog sucks. I think it's a cool game. I may sound like I'm contradicting myself about "mature" games, but really, StH is not at all like the M-rated crap that's so popular these days, and the content is innocuous enough for my mom, who's strict about VG content, to allow it in the house.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 02:53:27 PM »
Personally I don't consider Mario a "childish" character.He has appealed to audiances of all ages(including myself).

"A winner is you"

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 02:56:55 PM »
 Peaple are turning to mature games than mario games just because marios style has gone more kiddie and kiddie over the years. Don't ya'll hate the games that have sensless things like stealing cars, goring peaple, obsene and nude people,shooting cops, Don't we all loved the time when entertaintment and games where bland and not violent, who agrees?

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 02:58:15 PM »
I agree with you 100%.
"A winner is you"

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2006, 03:11:08 PM »
Hey, not all m games suck. There is the metal gear solid series. Also GTA is horribly violent but it can be fun. Resident evil isn't bad,Half life rocks, I like all games that are good I don't care if they give off a kiddie vibe or a tastless vibe. Good games span all ratings, and age groups. Now mario should stay like it is, but I will still play whatever the voices inside my head ( and the guys at my local game store) say is good

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2006, 03:44:46 PM »
The Mario franchise and its spinoffs are aimed for all ages.  For a while, the only games rated above E that you can play as Mario in are the SSB games.  SSBM was rated T (although I thought that was a little high), and SSBB will most likely be rated T as well.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2006, 04:46:54 PM »
I'm not saying Sunshine was bad because it was all bright, but could have used some of the color schemes used in games like the Paper Mario's.

And it's not Mario games that are getting kiddie, it's that there's more teens than ever.
Senior Mariology professor

Print