Print

Author Topic: Did you ever notice mario cloths change over time?  (Read 15554 times)

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2006, 11:24:24 PM »
Mario's always looked pretty much the same to me. I have seen the following changes though in the games I have (Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Mario Golf 64, Mario Kart Double Dash):

-Luigi seems to have a different voice each time. So does Peach, Toad, and Wario.
-Peach has a ponytail in Double Dash but not the other games.
-Yoshi gained a voice in Double Dash (which I find annoying).
-There seem to be new random characters in each game. Mario Kart Double Dash--where did all these people come from?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2006, 05:58:28 AM »
TMK's old splash page image seems to demonstrate it well.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2006, 05:52:13 PM »
Mario's always looked pretty much the same to me. I have seen the following changes though in the games I have (Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Mario Golf 64, Mario Kart Double Dash):

-Luigi seems to have a different voice each time. So does Peach, Toad, and Wario.
-Yoshi gained a voice in Double Dash (which I find annoying).
-There seem to be new random characters in each game. Mario Kart Double Dash--where did all these people come from?

1. They got different voice actors (except in the case of Charles Martinet, who is the voice of Mario, Luigi, Wario and Waluigi. Guess he likes experimenting.)

2. The ponytail originates from Super Mario Sunshine, which Double Dash has countless references to.

3. Yoshi got that voice in Yoshi's Story on the N64.

4. You would've had to play a lot of Mario games to know who they are. Tell which ones you don't recognize and I'll fill you in.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2006, 12:35:24 AM »
All the characters in MK:DD have been in previous Mario games, except Toadette. Diddy Kong technically hasn't been in any Mario games (correct me if I'm wrong, which is a moderate possibility, but it's not his debut ). I'll assume the "new" guys you mean include Birdo (originated in Doki Doki Panic, or SMB2), maybe Bowser Jr. (from Super Mario Sunshine and now a Mario game standard). About Luigi's voice, it had been kind of screwy in the past... first it's this, then it's this. Now it's like this! Oh, but now it's THHIIIIIIISSSS. Really annoying. However, it seems to be set in stone as of Luigi's Mansion in 2001. That's the voice in MK:DD. I hope the Super Smash crew know this now and finally fix it.
Now, if you want to see some random Mario characters,, take a look at Mario Golf for the 64. I never approved of a bunch of humans in the Mushroom Kingdom. I... don't even have MG. =P I don't have any sports spin-offs aside from Mario Kart, really. I'll be amazed if this shed any light at all. My head is broken today... I should probably go to sleep already.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2006, 06:43:24 AM »
Those human characters in Mario Golf were created by Camelot. They're there because Mario Golf started out as an ordinary Golf game.

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2006, 04:13:16 PM »
You can also upload your human Mario Tennis (GB) characters into Mario Tennis 64.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2006, 05:32:02 PM »
Ever since Super Mario Sunshine, Peach has had a ponytail in every sport-esque game. It makes sense to me; I wouldn't want my hair getting in my face or making me hot, either.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2006, 04:53:56 PM »
A plumber's cloths get pretty dirty after a while.
Acid reflux is not good for your esophagus....but NEXIUM is!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2006, 07:39:13 PM »
Dude, stop bumping topics (Even though it's not a very big one, besides, you didn't contribute anything to the thread, so why bother?) You won't last long here doing that.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2006, 09:36:42 AM »
Actually the "Technical Limitations" thing is partially very wrong.
The arcade Machine the Original Donkey Kong was built-in allowed five colors per sprite. Donkey Kong had Brown, Light Brown, Very light Brown, White and transparent. Mario Could've had black mustache, even with 4 colors! Since the game had a black background, they could've colored Mario's 'stache transparent.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2006, 04:22:44 PM »
If they had colored it transparent, people would've probably thought his mouth was open.  It makes sense that it was blue.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2006, 04:41:34 PM »
If his mustache were transparent, you'd get horrible problems like this:

And let's hope you don't want to change the regular hair color.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 04:43:50 PM by Eclipsed Moon »

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2006, 07:51:59 AM »
They could've put Mario behind everything.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2006, 11:18:52 AM »

BRILLIANT
That was a joke.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2006, 01:54:01 PM »
Then Mario (or Jumpman) Would be able to dodge anything.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Print