Poll

Picking a maximum of two, what (is/are) your favorite Mario franchise pairing(s)?

Mario and Peach
Wario and Peach
Luigi and Daisy
Waluigi and Daisy
Other (Please do specify in your post!)
(Added) Luigi and Peach
(Added) Bowser and Peach
(Added) Mario and Daisy
(Added) Toad and Toadette
(Added) Mario and Pauline
(Added) Yoshi and Birdo
(Added) Wario and Mona
Print

Author Topic: A rather cooky question: What's your favorite Mario pairing?  (Read 12550 times)

« on: June 29, 2006, 01:30:58 PM »
Being a fanfiction writer, I was just curious as to which pairings where the most liked by people. Are you a Mario and Peach fan? Or are you more of a Wario and Peach fan? Do you think that Luigi will forever win the heart of Daisy, or do you think that Waluigi is Daisy's best match?

My personal oppinion is that Mario and Peach totally belong together, considering that Wario isn't really all that interested, AND I really can't see the two hooking up. On the other hand, however, I feel that Waluigi and Daisy would make a cute - not to mention interesting - pair.

This board is not for predicting where Mr. Miyamoto would take the whole ordeal. It's simply stating and giving reason for who you think would make a cute couple. Why? Because it's just fun to imagine these things. As I said before, I'm a fanfiction writer, so I find these sorta ideas fun to think about at the very least.

(By the way, there's ... no need to color the character names. I was just bored. X3 )

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 03:24:36 PM »
What about a Luigi+Peach pairing? Or Mario+Daisy? Or, hey, Bowser+Peach, for that matter?

I personally like Mario+Peach and Luigi+Daisy, but I've also found the idea of Luigi+Peach and Waluigi+Daisy to be rather interesting and not totally "crazy," either.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 03:26:47 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 03:37:22 PM »
I'm always a strange one. My favorite is Toad and Toadette.

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 05:02:08 PM »
What about a Luigi+Peach pairing? Or Mario+Daisy? Or, hey, Bowser+Peach, for that matter?

I personally like Mario+Peach and Luigi+Daisy, but I've also found the idea of Luigi+Peach and Waluigi+Daisy to be rather interesting and not totally "crazy," either.

I just put down some of the basic pairings up there - I think I'll go edit the poll in a second, too. Those are some really interesting pairing ideas! Yeah, I know alot of people like the classic pairings (I really have trouble seeing peach with anyone besides Mario, unfortunately ... all though Bowser may be a possibility ... ), but I also know quite a few people who like the abstract pairings. Luigi+Peach is a new one, but I sorta like it. Intriguing idea there.

In reply to Solidmushroom, yeah, that's a more recent 'classic' pairing. Although no one's really sure whether or not they're related, are they? ... O.o That would be quite a dangerous pairing to mess with, if you weren't sure.

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 05:39:42 PM »
Wario and Peach, because it would make Peach absolutley miserable. Wario would sit on his lazy butt and demand that Peach feed him. Wario would gain about 20 pounds, which wouldn't help their love life at all. I don't even want to talk about their kids, but at least it would be funny!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 05:57:53 PM »
I think Miyamoto won't take it anywhere, because he doesn't like for Mario games to have a consistent storyline.
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 06:37:25 PM »
At first I thought this topic was asking about our favorite Mario painting, like the ones in SM64.  So for that, I say the starry night sky one.

Now for this question, I like the Luigi-Peach idea.  Good for some sibling rivalry.
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 06:48:03 PM »
Wario and Peach, because it would make Peach absolutley miserable. Wario would sit on his lazy butt and demand that Peach feed him. Wario would gain about 20 pounds, which wouldn't help their love life at all. I don't even want to talk about their kids, but at least it would be funny!

ROTFLMAO! Oh, man, poor Peach ... nevermind. I take it back. XD Just a joke! I kid all the Peach fans out there! *runs away from an angry mob of Peach fans with pitchforks and torches*

At first I thought this topic was asking about our favorite Mario painting, like the ones in SM64.  So for that, I say the starry night sky one.

Now for this question, I like the Luigi-Peach idea.  Good for some sibling rivalry.

Lol. I don't think anybody would really want me to delve into the random fights I can see commencing between them on that matter ...

I think Miyamoto won't take it anywhere, because he doesn't like for Mario games to have a consistent storyline.

Yeah, I know. But I was saying that because some people may perceive this as 'most likely pairings', so I didn't want to give that impression.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 08:43:11 PM »
I voted for Mario and Peach. Ya can't beat the classics. However, I always thought Wario should pair up with Mona. It's been hinted at, ya know. ;)

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 08:49:32 PM »
Bowser and Peach.  Two mighty moncarchs.  One combined kingdom.  You then have yourself the Koopushroom Kingdom.

...plus the mighty contrast was simply too good to refuse...
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 09:08:08 PM »
Toad and Toaddette,they look like a cute couple
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006, 10:35:00 PM »
I voted for Mario and Peach. Ya can't beat the classics. However, I always thought Wario should pair up with Mona. It's been hinted at, ya know. ;)

Really?! Personally, I'm a fan of that too ... *runs off to put it on the poll* Man I feel dumb today!

Bowser and Peach.  Two mighty moncarchs.  One combined kingdom.  You then have yourself the Koopushroom Kingdom.

...plus the mighty contrast was simply too good to refuse...

XD I feel like there could be some conflicts if Bowser snored, though. I feel like, knowing the good ol' Koopa King, it wouldn't just be loud, it'd be ... firey.

Peach: Bowser, honey, you're doing it again ...

Bowser: *wakes up* Oh, yeah ... right ... sorry about the burn marks, sweety.

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2006, 10:37:52 PM »
... interesting poll.  I want to vote for Mario & Luigi, unless I'm not reading far enough into "pairing".  Also, Mario, Luigi, and the Princess are more like a trio.

I also agree that Bowser and Peach make an interesting pair.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2006, 10:40:03 PM »
... interesting poll.  I want to vote for Mario & Luigi, unless I'm not reading far enough into "pairing".  Also, Mario, Luigi, and the Princess are more like a trio.

I also agree that Bowser and Peach make an interesting pair.

Sorry, hate to break it to you, but this is an 'attraction' pairing sort of context. Sorry.

EDIT: Yes! And the Koopa King and Peach get another vote!

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2006, 12:38:29 AM »
Luigi and Captain Syrup and Luigi and Princess Eclair are my favorites. 

Mario and Peach is of course, the classic pairing that isn't going anywhere.  And Wario and Mona makes me happy, just becuase Wario is one of my favorite characters and I'd NEVER expect him to get with anyone, espcially a hottie like Mona.  That pairing also makes me happy because it makes it clear that Mona has incredibly bizarre taste in men. 
Haters gonna hate

Print