Poll

Which cartoon do you hate? You may choose 2.

Spongebob Squarepants
6 (10.2%)
Danny Phantom
10 (16.9%)
Pokemon
6 (10.2%)
Camp Lazlo
10 (16.9%)
Billy and Mandy
5 (8.5%)
Codename: Kids Next Door
9 (15.3%)
Japanese Anime
3 (5.1%)
Other
10 (16.9%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Print

Author Topic: What are your dumbest cartoons?  (Read 33739 times)

« on: July 14, 2006, 08:19:53 PM »
I was bored, so I made this. My two would be Spongebob Squarepants and Pokemon.
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 08:28:53 PM »
don't try to defame Pokemon, some people here may get mad at you!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 08:30:40 PM »
As much as I hate "open ended" polls like this, I must say that Camp Lazlo is one of the most insipid, horrendous excuses for a cartoon that's ever been fabricated over the last few years. I watched an episode and was not amused, at all.

In fact, most of what's on Cartoon Network nowadays is completely uninspired.
~I.S.~

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 08:43:30 PM »
I know man, those new cartoons barely make 10 episodes!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 08:44:39 PM »
I honestly don't care for any of the except the old pokèmon shows.
Good cartoons are:Rocko's Modern Life, Invader Zim, Ren and Stimpy, Simpsons,Family Guy, Futurama, Dexter's Lab, and Homestar Runner.
The only good thing about Cartoon Network nnow is the voice acting, since most Metal Gear Solid voice actors are Cartoon Network voice actors.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 08:47:08 PM »
I used to watch those cartoons when i was younger, ans I still do.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2006, 11:59:00 PM »
I voted for Danny Phantom and other, because Danny Phantom seems like to strange a concept to develop into a cartoon.  It looks like The Fairly Oddparents, so the visuals aren't anything new.  And somehow there are so many ghosts that all have evil intentions in this one town... it seems a little too far-fetched, even for a cartoon.  But then again, Ghostbusters was a great hit, so maybe I'm just weird.

I voted for "other" because I couldn't vote against the others.  I like Spongebob, I don't watch Camp Lazlo or Billy and Mandy, Pokemon is still a good show for a younger audience, and Japanese Anime shows vary widely from one another, besides visual style.  I also don't watch any anime, so I couldn't say anything with justification.  But I'm sure there is some "other" show I think is inadequate.  I shouldn't watch so much TV.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2006, 12:26:48 AM »
"Other" for Fairly OddParents. *Is bashed.* Please, enough, I have a reason. I'd like to use Invader Zim, a show  released the day FOP became a standalone show. Invader Zim features my style of humor: Don't blink or you'll miss it. The jokes are quick, subtle, and almost never repeated again. "Did you throw the muffin at Zim's head?" "Yes, as a matter of fact... I did." "Ah-HAAAAAH!!!!!!" I wish the next, unaired season would be aired in the U.S.A... Eeeeeeehh... See, in FOP, it's like, sleep through the whole thing an you won't miss it. The jokes are repeated over and over and over throughout the episode, and they're usually not that good. Like "Uranus is a planet?" and "Ding-dong!" It just annoys the living liver out of me.
SpongeBob... is wearing off. I miss the old days (2000 and 2001 were SpongBob's finest moments... "Arrgh!" was the best one ever.) But now, the episodes pretty much end before they start. The plot quality is falling swiftly. They're mostly just about Mr. Krabs and money, and Patrick saying something stupid. That's getting old. And that's all I have to say.
P.S., I don't watch TV that much anyway. I think it's because I'm completely sick of commercials.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2006, 01:13:08 AM »
I voted:
1)  Camp Lazlo - The show is just horrible.  Read Insane Steve's post.
2)  Billy and Mandy - Even though it can sometimes be a little funny, the show is sick, disturbing, and quite frankly, a little evil.  The morals of that cartoon are really messed up.

Cartoon Network should be ashamed of themselves.  They stopped showing Dexter's Lab, and all those good shows!  :(

EDIT:  My favorite line of Spongebob:
Patrick:  "Oh...East?  I thought you said.... weast."
(Mr. Krabs takes compass)
Mr. Krabs:  "That's west, Patrick.... You're fired again."
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 01:15:09 AM by The Blue Toad »
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2006, 01:13:45 AM »
Camp Lazlo, because I've seen it and, frankly... read Insane Steve's post.
My next show is... Pokemon. The anime, frankly, is stupid, has no plot, and no character structure. The next Pokemon series will star a new character, meaning that Ash may finally be gone.

NOTE: I like the games themselves, but not the anime and TCG. kthxbye
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2006, 01:19:21 AM »
I always wonder when people complain like this: Did cartoons rapidly plummet in quality as soon as we all got older, or do shows made for young children not resonate with teenagers? Eh? Eh?

Grumpy old man syndrome is something I like to avoid.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2006, 07:25:16 AM »
The only cartoons that I really dislike on that list are Camp Lazlo and Danny Phantom. As for Spongebob, the newer episodes stink because at one point, Stephen Hillenberg, the show's creator, left the show. When the creator leaves the show, it usually starts to suck big time.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2006, 08:08:48 AM »
I completely agree with what BP and TC had to say about SBSP. The show is quickly fading away with sloppy plots, lousy acting, and a lack of funny scenes that the old ones always had (especially before they made Spongebob's voice much more childish and high-pitched). I can barely relate to any "golden moments," like this one:
Spongebob: *whispers* Drop the wallet, Pat.
*Patrick drops the wallet, enter Man Ray*
Man Ray: *to Patrick* Excuse me, sir! But I believe you dropped your wallet.
Patrick: It's not my wallet.
Man Ray: What? I just saw you drop it. Here.
Patrick: Doesn't look familiar to me.
Man Ray: Aren't you Patrick Star?
Patrick: Yup.
Man Ray: And this is your I.D.
Patrick: Yup.
Man Ray: I found this I.D. in this wallet, which must mean this is your wallet.
Patrick: That makes sense to me.
Man Ray: Then take it.
Patrick: It's not my wallet!
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2006, 09:23:41 AM »
I hate Spongebob. Not just because of how childishly sickening and demented it is, but because I've noticed some many areas in the cartoon that are homosexually suggesstive.

Spongebob: Let's promise never to fight again.
(Spongebob and Patrick hold hands)

Another:

Spongebob: Patrick, why did you take off your pants?
Patrick: This stuff (invisible spray) stains clothes.
Spongebob: Good thinking! (takes off his pants)

I also recall seeing an episode where Spongebob and Patrick are parants. That's just plain wrong.

Spongebob looks like the sponge I get at Wal-Mart. Also, Spongebob calls his diabetic friend a "starfish". Those things are called sea stars. Spongebob claims that he's been to high school, but he's never been to college. Maybe that's why he's not very smart.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2006, 09:45:55 AM »
I would say something about C.T.O.A.N.'s post but I'd probably break out into a huge rant bash fest that I'd rather not get into this early in the morning.

As for uninspirid cartoons, as bad as the new CN shows are, they're not nearly as bad as Adult Swims excuse of two certain cartoons: 12 oz. Mouse and Tom goes to the Mayor. I only hate Tom because of how lazy the "animation" is and because it's just incredibly boring. 12 oz. Mouse is just garbage through and through. Sloppy animation, poor writing, dumb dialog, it has it all.

Oh, I almost forgot about Coconut Fred, the terribly obvious Spongebob knockoff, only with LSD. Whatever WB executive came up with that idea deserves to get fired.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print