Poll

Which cartoon do you hate? You may choose 2.

Spongebob Squarepants
6 (10.2%)
Danny Phantom
10 (16.9%)
Pokemon
6 (10.2%)
Camp Lazlo
10 (16.9%)
Billy and Mandy
5 (8.5%)
Codename: Kids Next Door
9 (15.3%)
Japanese Anime
3 (5.1%)
Other
10 (16.9%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Print

Author Topic: What are your dumbest cartoons?  (Read 33736 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #120 on: July 23, 2006, 05:08:34 PM »
Did you read my whole post then? I like the premise of the show better than the premise of the games. I could make a comic adaptation of it, but I can't work the scanner. :(

« Reply #121 on: July 23, 2006, 07:11:27 PM »
Oops, sorry! I didn't read your whole post. But I did get the "negative vibes" from the cartoon.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2006, 12:48:21 AM »
oopsie. I meant "good thing NB DIDN'T Mention DB" sorry for the mistake!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #123 on: July 29, 2006, 04:04:51 PM »
Zim shouldn't have gone off the air just because Whats-His-Name did another cartoon voice also.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2006, 04:11:38 PM »
I have 3 seasons worth on DVD. I miss Zim, and it makes me so p***ed off that Fairly Odd Parents is still on while an awesome show like Zim is trashed.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2006, 04:58:35 PM »
I heard he might come back in 2008.

« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2006, 05:11:37 PM »
Zim shouldn't have gone off the air just because Whats-His-Name did another cartoon voice also.

ZIM was taken off because Nick didn't like the show. Though it did bring in ratings, they were not from the target audience.

Also add in the fact that Jhonen Vasquez (the creator) was getting annoyed/frustrated at the limitations and restrictions Nick put on the show.

He said, he MIGHT like to work on it again, provided he was given more freedom with it. (I'm sure you're aware his comics are quite gruesome and filled with dirty language.) Though, another key staff member, Steve Ressel (the director), said he does not want anything to do with that show, so the show returning is fairly unlikely.

What you said about someone doing another voice had nothing to do with the show's ending. I'm assuming you're talking about Richard Horvitz, who was pre-occupied in doing the voice of Daggett in Angry Beavers when ZIM was still in the developing stage. Nick said they didn't want someone to do the voices of 2 characters in different shows. That's why, in the unaired pilot, Billy West voiced ZIM. The Angry Beavers had ended, and they called him back in to voice ZIM (he had tried out for it earlier, obviously).
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2006, 05:57:57 PM »
Vasquez has some awesome t-shirts that I frequently buy at "Hot Topic." His art may be digusting, but it's fun, nonetheless.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2006, 10:42:06 AM »
So!Any who knows how to complain to Nickelodien say I. Zim:Must....break.......out.....of....prison.......and.....destroy.......Nick!

« Reply #129 on: July 30, 2006, 06:21:35 PM »
...No.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #130 on: July 30, 2006, 06:49:43 PM »
don't try to defame Pokemon, some people here may get mad at you!

I'm agreeing with SushieBoy, I'm pretty ticked that anyone would consider Pokemon stupid.

I voted Spongebob and Other. Spongebob was the only one that I had seen and (c/w)ould call stupid.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #131 on: July 30, 2006, 07:02:48 PM »
But's what's REALLY stupid is Billy and Mandy. Just way to gory, disgusting, and dumb for a Cartoon Network show. (Yay! Someone agreed with me!!)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #132 on: July 30, 2006, 07:59:11 PM »
I'd say Zim was more "gory" and "disgusting" that Billy and Mandy. I don't think either of those shows are dumb, though.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #133 on: July 30, 2006, 08:03:27 PM »
It's just that BaM is way to pointless, I don't consider Zim dumb, though.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2006, 08:04:53 PM »
When you think about it, ALL shows are pointless. They're just there to kill time.

Print