Poll

Which cartoon do you hate? You may choose 2.

Spongebob Squarepants
6 (10.2%)
Danny Phantom
10 (16.9%)
Pokemon
6 (10.2%)
Camp Lazlo
10 (16.9%)
Billy and Mandy
5 (8.5%)
Codename: Kids Next Door
9 (15.3%)
Japanese Anime
3 (5.1%)
Other
10 (16.9%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Print

Author Topic: What are your dumbest cartoons?  (Read 33730 times)

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2006, 09:57:54 AM »
Okay, you guys have to see more than ONE episode of Camp Lazlo before you understand it. It's a good show, and don't try to change my mind.

I like Spongebob, but lately I'm beginning to hate Danny Phantom. He's really lame.

Oh, and Kids Next Door SUCKS..................It's so stupid, I just can't............It's the worst show I've ever seen.

Aghh, I just keep coming up with things to say. SpongeBob really is losing it. I think he's coming apart, just like what Mr.Meele said.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 10:01:54 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2006, 11:22:26 AM »
I'm with BirdPerson with Spongebob. The old ones were way better, and "arggh"was one of the best ones.
However I must say that Spogebob can't be a homosexual. He's asexual! They even say in an episode that he buds!
Spongebob being homosexual reallly gets on my nerves.
Also, Heffer on Rocko's Modern Life used to run around naked all of the time...but Rocko wasn't a homosexual.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2006, 12:23:53 PM »
Oh, and Kids Next Door SUCKS..................It's so stupid, I just can't............It's the worst show I've ever seen

How and why? I think it's one of the most creative shows out there. It manages to parody some of the most cliched movie elements and still look like a an ordinary kid's show. Some of the action scenes are very well animated as well.

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2006, 12:29:21 PM »
Have you been living under a rock for the past few years Rob?Half the cartoons on television parody most movies.

Well the dumbest cartoon out there is the Fairly odd parents.I despise that show greatly!!!!
"A winner is you"

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2006, 12:56:23 PM »
My main vote was Spongebob. I've hated that show ever since it premiered, and hated it now. Here's why:
"I despise it because the music is bad (it just rubs me the wrong way), the jokes aren't funny (I've never laughed at any of the jokes in any of the episodes I've been forced to watch), and the characters (except for Patrick...he's fine) are poorly made (personality-wise, mostly). Also, sea sponges do not look like dish sponges.

It ties with Friends on my 'shows that are overrated that I'll never watch as long as I live' list."

As for that whole "Is Spongebob gay?" confusion, I honestly wouldn't care if he was or not. The cartoon's horrible, anyway, as I have said.

(Though, if Spongebob actually WAS a good cartoon, AND Spongebob was gay, I'd watch it, solely because it was actually a good cartoon.)

I pretty much just threw away my second vote to Danny Phantom, mainly because all cartoons on Nick are poorly made now.

As for the others:
Pokémon: Meh. I watched the earlier episodes, and stopped shortly after the Brock character left the show in the "Orange Islands" arc. Not a HORRIBLE cartoon, but I just felt I didn't have to watch it anymore.
Camp Lazlo: Never saw it.
Billy and Mandy: Much like Camp Lazlo, I've never watched it. I do know that Richard Horvitz voices Billy, and Richard Horvitz is an awesome person.
Codename: Kids Next Door: Again, never watched it.
"Japanese animes": LOLOLOL, the plural of anime is anime, and it's definitely not fair to just bunch all anime shows in existence all up as one choice.

Anime I do or did watch and enjoyed:
InuYasha, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Fooly Cooly, Lupin the 3rd, Detective Conan/Case Closed, and Pom Poko (though that was a movie).

Any other anime I don't watch, mainly because I either A) Have no time to or B) Am too lazy to actually watch TV as well.

And there you go. :D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 05:36:04 PM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2006, 02:52:54 PM »
Case Closed was awesome.  I haven't see it in a long while, though...
Adult Swim must've stopped showing it.
But, anyway, as far as Kid's Next Door goes, I hate the concept (a bunch of kids randomly beating on adults and teenagers) though I do love the art style. 
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2006, 03:20:18 PM »
Invader Zim is the worst cartoon of all time. It is too mundane. I do, however, enjoy Spongebob.

Now this post may come off as me trying to smite Vidgmchtr, alas, it is not. I am only stating that I like Spongebob and hate Invader Zim.

Invader Zim freaked me out beyond belief. It wasn't funny. It was terrible. I had nightmares.

I do find the over-the-top humor of Spongebob to be hilarious. All the characters are bombastic. They highlight a type of person to the extreme. I look at it analytically. There is so much satire in that show, if you look for it. 
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2006, 04:21:09 PM »
I heard once that the characters of Spongebob were supposed to represent the seven deadly sins...
Patrick - Gluttony
Mr. Krabs - Greed
Plankton - Wrath
Sandy - Pride
Squidward - Sloth?
Mrs. Puff - Envy

And as for Lust... Larry the Lobster?  Or maybe Pearl?  I don't know, these are just guesses. 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 04:22:57 PM by The Blue Toad »

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2006, 05:17:23 PM »
Invader Zim is the worst cartoon of all time. It is too mundane. I do, however, enjoy Spongebob.

Now this post may come off as me trying to smite Vidgmchtr, alas, it is not. I am only stating that I like Spongebob and hate Invader Zim.

Invader Zim freaked me out beyond belief. It wasn't funny. It was terrible. I had nightmares.

I do find the over-the-top humor of Spongebob to be hilarious. All the characters are bombastic. They highlight a type of person to the extreme. I look at it analytically. There is so much satire in that show, if you look for it. 

Funny, I didn't even mention ZIM in my post, so I guess it IS an attempt to smite me. A very embarassing one. :P

Actually no I don't care. Hate ZIM and like Spongebob, fine. I'll do the opposite.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2006, 06:02:57 PM »
Also, sea sponges do not look like dish sponges.

That's the joke. It's meant to be funny. But I don't blame you for hating the show.

Anyway, K.N.D is lame because every episode is about bratty children trying to beat up adults and teens. It's just stupid! Just when you think a teen or an adult might be friendly, they go like "Okay, we gotta destroy the Kids!" I just hate it!

I also despise Fairly Odd Parents. Over used jokes, annoying voices like Cosmo's...........why the heck is he always screaming? What does Wanda see in that guy? Any way, it's worse than K.N.D.I'm so sad because I haven't seen a great cartoon in so long.  We need something ground breaking, like Xiaolin Showdown. That cartoons a blast to watch.

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2006, 06:57:29 PM »
Spongebob is the worst show to ever be created in the history of cartooning. I guess Stephen Hillenburg is truly gay, but I'm not sure.

I hate all shows I have listed. The top ones though were Danny Phantom and SBSP.

Billy and Mandy- Disgusting, Disterbing, sometimes Gory, Pointless, Cheesy Plots, need I go on?

Camp Lazlo- Almost as bad as Spongebob, but not quite. At least they're not gay. It also has cheesy plots, stupid voices, and bad sense of humor.

Spongebob- Geez, I already explained it. Gay, stupid, and childish.

Danny Phantom- Pointless and stupid.

K.N.D.- Wow, this is as NEARLY as bad as Spongebob. "Wow, I need to kill kids cause I'm an adult."
"I'm a kid, I'll kill you." "I'm dead, ow." Nice plot twist there...

Japanese Animes/Pokemon- Cheesy Plots, Pointless, and stupid.

I REALLY hate children's cartoons!
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2006, 07:05:42 PM »
I hate Japanese anime. I'd rather watch educational TV shows like Arthur or Dragon Tales than that crap. Like every show revolves around having magic or magic creatures, etc., etc. Pokemon was ok like in the beginning of the series but I think they've carried it long enough. That's the best I can descibe my hate.

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2006, 07:10:57 PM »
As far as this "Spongebob is gay" thing goes, let it be known that Patrick Star is not.  He is officially in love with a mermaid.  The movie defends this statement. 
As for Spongebob, whatever, if you want to think that, go ahead.

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2006, 07:57:38 PM »
Spongebob is the worst show to ever be created in the history of cartooning. I guess Stephen Hillenburg is truly gay, but I'm not sure.

Here's the thing. Insult the show all you want, even though Spongebob repoduces by budding.  But don't ever think that someone is gay just because he created a gay character. That's something I hate most of all: When some random person says the artist, who is just trying to make a living, is gay, retarded, ect. when he doesn't like the artist's character. I hate it.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 07:59:27 PM by PaperLuigi »

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2006, 08:03:43 PM »
The idea behind Spongebob is that he is an optimistic person that is child-like in a good way.  As for his sexuality, he is considered a kid and shouldn't like anything yet.  At least in the old episode where Spongebob goes to Sandy's house for the first time, he brings flowers and blushes as he says, "It's me... Spongebob."

The fact that he raised a clam with Patrick and was the mother figure in one episode was meant to be a joke that would last through only one episode. 

The episode where they strip and spray on invisible spray was not gay, but more a supposedly comical act of cartoon nudity.

The Fry Cook Games episode where Sponge and Pat hold hands and walk off together simply means they're friends again, and walking together peacefully emphasized how they mirrored Mr. Krabs and Plankton's relationship a second later, where they both yell and care not about each other but just the sake of winning.

If you don't like the show, by all means don't watch it.  My personal favorite episodes are Karate Choppers, Pressure, Idiot Box, Squidville, Band Geeks, Wormy, Paper, and the Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy episodes.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print