Poll

Which cartoon do you hate? You may choose 2.

Spongebob Squarepants
6 (10.2%)
Danny Phantom
10 (16.9%)
Pokemon
6 (10.2%)
Camp Lazlo
10 (16.9%)
Billy and Mandy
5 (8.5%)
Codename: Kids Next Door
9 (15.3%)
Japanese Anime
3 (5.1%)
Other
10 (16.9%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Print

Author Topic: What are your dumbest cartoons?  (Read 33735 times)

« Reply #150 on: July 31, 2006, 02:10:45 PM »
Chalk Zone was fun to watch, but not particularly funny.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #151 on: July 31, 2006, 02:21:40 PM »
The simpsons is NOT going down the pooper, Simpsons Movie? anyone?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #152 on: July 31, 2006, 04:09:13 PM »
Chalk Zone was fun to watch, but not particularly funny.

Proof that cartoons don't have to be funny in order to be considered good. I thought that it was one of the most creative shows out there.

« Reply #153 on: July 31, 2006, 06:55:12 PM »
The animation was awesome. At times it was hilarious, but for the most part, the art was what really made it come alive.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #154 on: July 31, 2006, 07:20:20 PM »
We've gone horribly off-topic. There should be a cartoon thread where we could discuss cartoons.

« Reply #155 on: August 01, 2006, 12:04:31 PM »
The simpsons is NOT going down the pooper, Simpsons Movie? anyone?

The Simpsons have gone downhill. The writing team has run out of ideas and pretty much recycle anything they've already written only they replace which character it's about then run their gags to the ground. The guest star of the week gimmick became old fast when they do absolutely nothing to further the story. They've taken the traits of old characters and exagerated them. For example, in seasons 1-7, Ned Flanders was a religous family man who happened to have a lot of good luck because he was considered a good person. Ever since Maude was kiled off, Flanders has become an religous nut who considers all other religions blasphemy and finds practically everything to be satanic. Homer was a working family man who tried his best to raise his family but would ultimately screw up in the end, though most forgave him. Now his just a easily angered idiot who tries get- rich-quick schemes every week but is foiled in the end. Bart is now a stripped down version of the South Park kids all in one. Plus, Lisa is starting to get most of the focus in all the episodes, essentially making her the star and the "Arnold" of the show.

The movie is the needle that'll finally put this old dog to rest. Hopefully with the old staff returning it won't be a complete embarassment to the golden years of the show.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #156 on: August 01, 2006, 12:08:20 PM »
i have to admit, they have been running out of ideas, mabye that's just because they made 300 plus episodes of good ideas. And now, there is nothing left. Seasons 1-8 were the best.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2006, 12:10:11 PM »
Thak god that never happened with The Flintstones. Though it went sort of overboard with the liv-action movie and everything years after the show ended. I wonder if that'll happen wit The Simpsons.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #158 on: August 01, 2006, 02:57:00 PM »
I'm not sure if it's even possible to do a live-actions Simpsons.  You'd have a girl with spiked blonde hair and a red lampshade on, and a mother with tall blue hair.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #159 on: August 01, 2006, 04:26:06 PM »
Besides, all their hairstyles would look horrible. Mabye not Homer's.

« Reply #160 on: August 01, 2006, 05:58:50 PM »
But it would be kinda hard to get Homer's oval-shaped head...

but we are waaaaaaay off topic here.  Seriously, we should create a cartoon discussion topic insted of the two different topics that are here now.  I would, but I'm really not that great at creating new topics considering I don't do it that much.
-------------

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #161 on: August 02, 2006, 08:35:36 AM »
I'll do it, then.

Print