Poll

Which cartoon do you hate? You may choose 2.

Spongebob Squarepants
6 (10.2%)
Danny Phantom
10 (16.9%)
Pokemon
6 (10.2%)
Camp Lazlo
10 (16.9%)
Billy and Mandy
5 (8.5%)
Codename: Kids Next Door
9 (15.3%)
Japanese Anime
3 (5.1%)
Other
10 (16.9%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Print

Author Topic: What are your dumbest cartoons?  (Read 33733 times)

« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2006, 04:55:59 PM »
Some people think that Robot Chicken isn't a cartoon. It is because it is CLAY ANIMATION! That's a type of cartoon! God!
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2006, 05:32:25 PM »
No, Robot Chicken is Stop Motion animation. It only contains some claymation such as the Voltron Got Served skit which used both the real Voltron figure and a clay model for the dancing parts. It barely qualifies as a cartoon.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2006, 07:03:54 PM »
A cartoon is when the characters are drawn and animated. Robot Chicken isn't drawn; they take action figures and move them around. 
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2006, 08:51:56 PM »
Claymation = stop motion = not a cartoon.
That was a joke.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2006, 07:58:49 AM »
All you Pokemon fans, please pardon me for taking this one shot at Pokemon.

About the Pokemon TV Show...it was fun to watch back when I was a kid, but now it's become way too predictable.  Ash Ketchum wins every badge, not because he's that good, because that's the only thing keeping the show going.  I have to seriously wonder at Ash and co.'s brain capacities when they can't figure out that it's really Team Rocket behind those disguises for the millionth time.  But, it's a recurring theme.  Kind of like the recurring theme of unrequited love in Peanuts.
The football is always pulled away, Charlie Brown never gets valentines, (except for a used one) and the baseball team loses every game.  But back to Pokemon...you think they would have the smarts to think back and say "hey, the last time people with unsightly disguises and even more unsightly hairstyles came up to us, they were Team Rocket in disguise. 

That is the end of my superlong rant.  Not dissing Pokemon as a whole, just the TV show for becoming a shadow of it's former self, in my opinion.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2006, 03:52:02 PM »
Ah, shows based on video games are almost never good. Add that to the fact the it's a badly dubbed anime and you've got yourself a programming train wreck.

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2006, 06:42:15 PM »
Yeah, Pokemon is going BAD. Ash always gets a badge and Brock always loves Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny and Misty will always be a light-hearted girl and Pokemon will always say their names as "talking". That's way I hate anime, it's so predictable.

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2006, 07:24:42 PM »
Please base your generalizations off of more than one show.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2006, 10:59:47 PM »
I once came up with the concept of the Appliance Alliance, where certain household appliances came to life to fight crime.  But I only really liked the idea because of the title, and I never really developed it into anything, so it may as well be one of my dumbest cartoons.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2006, 11:06:27 PM »
Yeah, Pokemon is going BAD. Ash always gets a badge and Brock always loves Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny and Misty will always be a light-hearted girl and Pokemon will always say their names as "talking". That's way I hate anime, it's so predictable.

Not all anime is like that you dummy. Here, read this.
http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=9323.msg438367#msg438367

And this.
http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=6984.msg366128#msg366128

Pokémon is not a good anime to base generalizations off of.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 11:15:17 PM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2006, 11:12:23 PM »
lol, Markio's post reminded me of the "Brave little Toaster" Movies.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2006, 07:22:41 AM »
Not all anime is like that you dummy. Here, read this.
http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=9323.msg438367#msg438367

And this.
http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=6984.msg366128#msg366128

Pokémon is not a good anime to base generalizations off of.

Do I have to fight with you again, and by the way, "Pokémon is not a good anime to base generalizations off of" is BS. We all have OPINIONS. Some people like Pokemon and some people hate Pokemon, and I hate Pokemon.

« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2006, 08:24:01 AM »
Yes, you can have your opinions, but when you back it up with stupid reasons I have just enough right to tell you that I think your opinions are stupid, because that's MY opinion.

You can hate Pokémon fine, but when you say something as close-minded and ignorant and as stubborn as "All anime is predictable" just because of THAT ONE SHOW, I have to question your intelligence. :D
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 08:26:44 AM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2006, 09:12:13 AM »
Also, NB, do you hate everything about Pokemon because of the show? Or do you just hate the show itself? If you choose the former, I'll have to question your intellegence as well, because there's a lot more to Pokemon than just a crappily-dubbed anime.

« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2006, 11:05:07 AM »
I hate all Pokemon stuff ever made.

STOP QUESTINONG MY INTELLIGENCE!!111!!!11

Print