Print

Author Topic: why the same eight characters?  (Read 8917 times)

« on: June 02, 2000, 06:06:17 PM »
something that really bothers me is the way most mario games like mario kart, mario party, mario golf, etc. are set around the same eight characters: mario, luigi, toad, peach, donkey kong, wario, and bowser.  wouldn't it be awesome to have some of the MANY faces from the mario universe show up in the next Mario Kart?  Who wouldn't want to see Geno paste Pauline with a red shell?

Thank you for saving us but our princess is in another castle!
Thank you for saving us but our princess is in another castle!

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2000, 11:15:57 AM »
As I'm hoping we all know by now, Geno, Mallow, Croco, Frogfucius, Toadofsky, Gaz, the Molemen, Boshi, Booster, Chef Torte, Jonathan Jones, Sergeant Flutter, Monstermama, Jinx, Dodo, Valentina, Hinopio, and all the bosses and most of the normal enemies (even Knife Guy, Grate Guy, and the Axem Rangers....they were so cool *sniff*) aren't going to appear in ANY Nintendo game until Squaresoft returns, okay?  And on another note, Luigi doesn't appear in as many Mario games as you think.  Donkey Kong only appeared with Mario in the original DK, DK Jr., and Mario Kart 64.  So...quit kidding yourself.

Star light, Star bright, it's my job to set things right!
Must...not...harbor...perverse...sexual...lust...for...the...SMRPG...fan...girl...

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2000, 12:54:41 PM »
Ever heard of -KIDS?

Childrem who play video games will most recognize Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Toad, Yoshi, DK (?), and Wario... SOOOO... You won't see Pauline (Mario has a new g/f), ANY one from SMRPG (Nope. No one from that game till Square returns from kissing Sony's butt), Kamek or any one else. Just the 8, that the MAINSTREAM are familiar with.

Sorry It came off mean, but I found out that some of my Digimon eipsde was recorded over!

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2000, 06:58:41 PM »
Um, isn't Kamek a pure Nintendo character? I would really like to see more of Koopa T. Quick. He would've been great to have in Mario Kart 64. It's better to use him than just some random Koopa. This one has a name and a personality..sort of.

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2000, 08:24:33 AM »
Actually, Kamek was supposed to be in the early version of Mario Kart 64, but Nintendo replaced him with Wario. I know the story goes that "Wario stole Koopa Troopa's Kart", but that story isn't all that true.

The untold agent is among you.
Did you meet my Siberian Monkey?

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2000, 12:48:41 PM »
Where did you learn that Wario replaced Kamek?

Because at NintendoLand there is a pic from Nintendo Power of Wario and Kamek on the player select menu in the early Mario Cart 64.

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2000, 01:16:51 PM »
You're right, but we not only need to add some of the popular/rare characters, but to get rid of some of the old stupid ones. I mean, Donkey Kong and the Mushroom Kindom are like water and electricity.

We also need to see waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more of Luigi and Toad. They've been practically forgotten, and Luigi has taken a severe beating of neglect ever since the N64. Toad hasn't been a playable character in a game since 1996 (MK64).

~Mikle: An honorary member of "The Mushroom Society."
~Mikle: An honorary member of "The Mushroom Society."

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2000, 03:24:50 PM »
Yes, I remember early screne shots of MK64 with Kamek in them. I was pretty excited.

Print