Print

Author Topic: BEST AND WORST IN SERIES? Week 38: Console Mario Game  (Read 13886 times)

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 07:55:24 PM »
MC Ballyhoo needs to be purged from existence.

I second that statement.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 08:27:29 PM »
Best: Yoshi's Island

Worst: Yoshi's Story. Am I the only person who really liked SMS?
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 09:27:55 PM »
Best: No vote. Too many good ones, and I could never decide between SMB3 and SMW.

Worst: Mario Is Missing!. Why are you people saying SMS is worse than this piece of garbage? (I liked SMS.)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 10:50:09 PM »
I honestly don't think that the spin-offs or half-games like Mario is Missing should be legit options. I mean, EVERYONE would vote for those. For everything.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2009, 07:08:57 AM »
Except they all qualify because they're on a console. Not all the spin-offs are that terrible. Some Mario Parties are better than others, and Mario Kart always has good staying power, but they shouldn't all be thrown at the bottom because of their status. Despite the flaws in SMS, I would say it is at least an order of magnitude better than something like Hotel Mario or Yoshi.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 11:19:02 AM by NintendoExpert89 »

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 11:17:19 AM »
They should qualify, but you can't judge them all by the exact same standard. Personally, I think Mario is Missing does a better job of being interesting and educational than Sunshine does of living up to and expanding on SM64's legacy.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2009, 01:45:54 PM »
Am I the only person who really liked SMS?

Well, I liked it. I just found that having to wash paint off of everything detracted from the awesome platforming challenge and gigantic worlds.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2009, 01:53:38 PM »
Since no one's mentioned it: Yoshi Topsy-Turvy. I never played it, but I've heard it was... yeah.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2009, 02:25:58 PM »
YTT wasn't a console game, was it?  And MC Ballyhoo, IMO, is not quite as annoying as Brighton/Twila, the MP4 hosts, or even Toadsworth in MP7, for that matter.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2009, 03:16:49 PM »
Oh yeah, Brighton and Twila are godawful hosts. Pretty much every host besides Toad sucks.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2009, 03:35:22 PM »
YTT wasn't a console game, was it? 
Crap, my bad.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2009, 03:42:24 PM »
Oh yeah, Brighton and Twila are godawful hosts. Pretty much every host besides Toad sucks.

I liked Tumble and the Millennium Star. The Star Spirits and Toadsworth deserve props for actually being from other Mario games. Brighton and Twila were more original and a lot less grating than Ballyhoo, by far. At least they didn't have poorly-acted voices.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2009, 04:18:28 PM »
I kind of like the day-night mechanic, but MP6's alleged "plot" eats brain cells for breakfast.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2009, 04:30:23 PM »
"Brighton and Twila, the sun and the moon, have always hosted the party."

First of all, if Brighton is the sun, why is Mario helping him out? Didn't the sun, like, wanna kill him in SMB3?

Second of all, no they haven't. Hudson apparently forgot about Toad, The Star Spirits, Millennium Star/Tumble, and the generic enemies.

"I know, let's play Mario Party to solve their feud!"

How will that solve anything? What they need is some anger management or counseling. ANYTHING would've been better than playing a board game. Talk about extremely awkward.

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2009, 04:43:58 PM »
"I know, let's play Mario Party to solve their feud!"

How will that solve anything? What they need is some anger management or counseling. ANYTHING would've been better than playing a board game. Talk about extremely awkward.
And board games usually induce anger.

Best:SMW

Worst: Super Mario Sunshine. Like the others, I believe that the NPCs stunk.

Print