Print

Author Topic: Tv_Themes hates the factory even more now...  (Read 14027 times)

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2010, 10:12:43 PM »
"Microgames" aren't immersive enough for my tastes.

Stating your opinion as fact is one of the countless reasons for why I often wonder why anyone puts up with your crap.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 10:23:56 PM »
So you're saying you like dull, incessant grinding, a lack of originality, turn-based collectathon gameplay, PvP based on numbers rather than actual skill, limited-time content that usually creates a "haves vs. have-nots" situation, hacking and cheating rendering the aforementioned PvP even more pointless, and invisible numbers that 99.99999999% of players could never figure out on their own? And that a series that delivers a constant stream of delicious morsels of pure fun doesn't thrill your gaming tastebuds?

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 10:38:37 PM »
LD and LD Jr., I've only tried WW at Wal-Mart, and it simply doesn't appeal to me. Meanwhile, I've throroughly enjoyed every instalment of Pokemon I've owned thus far, and nothing you can say will change that.

Aside from questioning my personal tastes, how is Pokemon pertinent to this discussion anyway?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2010, 02:04:04 AM »
ITT:

On all sides. On that note, I will join in too

I was a very angry person that month. I got better.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2010, 02:49:25 AM »
Stating your opinion as fact is one of the countless reasons for why I often wonder why anyone puts up with your crap.
It was my opinion. So I wrote it down. [wtd] do you want? A disclaimer at the bottom of all posts?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2010, 07:45:31 AM »
Whoa, that was weird...

I just agreed with Lizard Dude again.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2010, 12:18:30 PM »
It was my opinion. So I wrote it down. [wtd] do you want? A disclaimer at the bottom of all posts?
At the top, if you please, so we can read through the post from its beginning as a statement of opinion.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2010, 02:33:43 PM »
Lets once again bring up the WaroWare conundrum.

Wario started out as a jealous, greedy, rival of Mario, who stole his castle and turned the people of the land into Zombies. Wario had no morals. This was proven within all the Wario Land games.

All of a sudden, he builds a factory and opens a business? Where did these morals suddenly come from? He's making money in a legal way now, this is out of character for him.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2010, 03:13:50 PM »
Wario is actually more corrupt in WarioWare than he is in Wario Land. Actually play the games and you might learn something.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2010, 01:01:36 AM »
All of a sudden, he builds a factory and opens a business? Where did these morals suddenly come from? He's making money in a legal way now, this is out of character for him.

Nintendo decided to change his character slightly. I say slightly, because he was looking for the cheapest way to make the games: You only control them with the control pad and the A button in the first game. It's hard to run a factory alone, so he called up a bunch of people to help him, all of whom were later swindeled.

This is the story for the first game, which shows/tells us that Wario hasn't changed all that much.

IT'S A CHARACTER CHANGE. GET OVER IT!

EDIT: Rew is right. In my blind rage, I sorta made a typo. It has been fixed.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 10:17:04 AM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2010, 06:37:51 AM »
This is the story for the first game, which shows/tells us that Wario hasn't changed at all.

IT'S A CHARACTER CHANGE. GET OVER IT!

These two lines contradict each other. =P
Blargg.

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2010, 11:35:08 PM »

If you play the original Mega Microgame$ for the GBA and see the ending (here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3q4Ku01JRw) you'll see that he's still the same, lovable Wario.  And I don't see what's so wrong about Wario operating a crooked company.  For Wario, money is money.  Whether it's accepting a reward for doing a heroic deed, looting a site, or taking advantage of his employees, it's all just dough for Wario.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2010, 11:13:24 AM »
It is still almost surreal to me that the main reason he apparently hates the series is not because of gameplay or aesthetics, but because of an ethical/canonical dilemma.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2010, 03:15:42 PM »
What I'd really like to know is, why do Mona, Jimmy, 8-Volt and the rest KEEP WORKING FOR WARIO? They must be the dumbest people in the whole Mario Universe.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2010, 03:59:45 PM »
Dumber than Peach and/or Bowser? I mean when you look at it everyone is pretty downright dumb in Mario games.
That was a joke.

Print