Print

Author Topic: Melee Trophies.  (Read 5984 times)

« on: March 05, 2003, 09:28:11 PM »
I have 283 trophies and would like to know how anyone got this one.

I need to get over 20 combos in training mode to get one.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2003, 09:56:35 PM »
Use Fox. Go somewhere like Peach's Castle, with a nice slope. I think I beat up on Bowser. Anyway, just use Fox's multi-kick move and you'll rack up consecutive hits easily.
I hope this is what you meant.

I fear the monkey in your soul.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 3/5/2003 7:58:43 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2003, 09:59:56 PM »
I think I know what throphy. Lip's Stick, right?

Anyway I got 20 combos with Bowser using his Fire Breath.

Hope that's what you ment. If so , hope what I said helps.

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2003, 10:17:57 PM »
thanks guys, I used Bowser(sorry chup) but I did use the slope idea and the combination did help. Thanks

only 6 to go!

Edited by - maestro on 3/5/2003 8:19:28 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2003, 11:47:07 PM »
Yeah, well any fast attack works.

I fear the monkey in your soul.
That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2003, 09:15:59 PM »
Okay, I am now after the Discun trophy.  How do you get the "Lethal Weapon" bonus at the end of a battle?

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2003, 10:58:00 AM »
"Hit with a wide variety of attacks."
That's the description for it. I'm not sure WHAT, exactly, you're supposed to do to get it. I think, though, you have to use EVERY SINGLE MOVE, AND use it successfully. You'd probably have to be Luigi, since he's the only one who can attack with a taunt.

I'm still trying to get that one, as well as No-Damage Clear and several others. Gah! I've come so close! If you still need No-Damage Clear, my tip would be All-Star mode on very easy.

I think Diskun and Captain Olimar are the only trophies I have left. (No, I confess, I haven't played Pikmin.)

Oh, and BTW, the only way to defeat a Paratroopa (and for it to count) is to pick it up and throw it, like you would with other characters. It took me forever to find that out.
Hope this helps.

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2003, 11:13:38 PM »
I forgot how many trophies I have, but it's up there. I need several more to have a complete collection, though... sigh...

You can be silent and let the world think you are a fool, or you can open your mouth and remove all doubt.
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2003, 10:13:25 AM »
Hey, is there any news on the two secret trophies? You know, the one with Mario and Yoshi and the other of Samus w/o her helmet? Whatever happened to that? I know the rumors of obaining them were false, but still, they exist, right? Unless it's just on the Japanese consol...

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2003, 11:11:42 PM »
It's a contest in Japan. If you win, they put the trophies on your Memory Card.

You can be silent and let the world think you are a fool, or you can open your mouth and remove all doubt.
That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2003, 12:12:49 AM »
Ok about that Discun trophy, I still need
1. Lethal Weapon.
2. Wimp.
3. Hammer Throw.
4. Power Shielder.

If you have any tips on these, let me know.

To get the Koopa and Paratroopa KOs, I used Kirby, sucked them up and fell down a pit......I used two lives but, who says you have to finish the entire mode.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2003, 12:22:49 AM »
For Hammer Throw, you have to throw the Hammer away while using it. I STILL don't know HOW that's possible, but ah, well...

Oh, and I found out I have 286 trophies. How many (that are known) are there total?
Oh wait...289. I think I still need Crazy Hand. That's beating Classic on Hard+, right? Or is it Adventure?

--------------------

Edited by - Sapphira on 4/20/2003 11:25:45 PM

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2003, 10:10:43 AM »
Thanks, I actually figured it out about 10 mins after I posted.  Go to Brinstar and use the hammer, hit the acid while using the hammer, when you reach the peak of the flight, press Z, this should throw the hammer.

And all I need now is the Crazy Hand trophy and the Captain Olimar trophy, I stayed up all night to get the Discun.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2003, 10:16:11 AM »
Sweet! I'll try that.

--------------------

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2003, 08:47:10 PM »
I dont get how to get Diskun.Do you havta get all the things you get like cheap KO & stuff in Bonus records or do u havta get them on a lvl all at once?

Im the king,
you dino-guy,
ill smash you now,
so say goodbye!
Find your inner monkey.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2003, 09:00:17 PM »
You have to get all the end of level Bonuses. It's very tedious. There should be a checklist somewhere, like at gamefaqs.com. (Yes, I know I reference them a lot, but they have really good walkthroughs on just about any game.)

I have like 6 more Bonuses to go.

--------------------

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2003, 11:36:35 AM »
Yeah............I got the Discun Trophy!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck for the ones that don't have it.    That completes my trophy collection.

Thanks for any help you guys provided.  If anyone needs help with them, ask and I'll see if I can remember how I did it.

Print