Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 477525 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #1575 on: August 19, 2008, 04:29:06 PM »
Back on topic...

I believe Bowser made the Dark World because that's definitely possible if he can seal up most of the castle doors with star power and create the other 2 worlds that you fight him in. Each painting has its own world as well, but I don't believe Bowser made them.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #1576 on: August 19, 2008, 07:17:20 PM »
Back on topic...

I believe Bowser made the Dark World because that's definitely possible if he can seal up most of the castle doors with star power and create the other 2 worlds that you fight him in. Each painting has its own world as well, but I don't believe Bowser made them.

Maybe Bowser realized that he can turn anything into...anything? (People into blocks, people into enemies, blocks into enemies, etc) So he turned a perfectly normal level into a "dark world".

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1577 on: August 20, 2008, 07:01:07 AM »
But then he would just turn all the blocks and solid ground that leads Mario to him into lava...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #1578 on: August 20, 2008, 08:37:47 PM »
I got another one here.  Who agrees with me that the backround of Wet, Dry World (you need to be up high to see it) looks like ancient egypt?  You know cause it has all the short, whiteish houses with the flat rooftops 'n all.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1579 on: August 21, 2008, 07:34:25 AM »
That sounds more like Mexico in the 1800s.

« Reply #1580 on: August 23, 2008, 10:55:29 PM »
Here's a new burning Mariology question: in Mario Kart, why do the racers shrink when they get hit by lightning?  In any other game, electricity does not necessarily shrink them.  So why in Mario Kart?

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #1581 on: August 24, 2008, 07:01:55 AM »
Because the lighting is a weapon so it shrinks characters to make them slower and easily flattened when you run over them.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1582 on: August 24, 2008, 07:07:40 AM »
I think he meant "why does lightning shrink them" as opposed to, say, a shrink ray?

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #1583 on: August 24, 2008, 07:10:26 AM »
Oh I see.  Maybe when the protons and electrons in the lighting and the protons and electrons in your characters body touch, it causes a reaction to spontaniously shrink the weaker, less radical elements which would be your body.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1584 on: August 24, 2008, 07:22:05 AM »
Sure, I'll buy that.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1585 on: August 24, 2008, 09:18:05 AM »
Maybe the Lightning Bolt item actually is a shrink ray shaped like a bolt of lightning.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #1586 on: August 24, 2008, 11:47:10 AM »
I always did think to myself, "What are the odds of seven (or eleven) Karts getting stricken by lightning in the same instance, and what are the odds that they will all survive? (With the exception of being shrunk, crushed, or spun out into nearby cliff or lava pit)"

« Reply #1587 on: August 24, 2008, 12:45:57 PM »
The karts are made (partly) out of rubber, right? So, when the lightning hits them, it sends a shock wave through the pedal/steering wheel and shrinks the character.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1588 on: August 24, 2008, 04:33:45 PM »
What the heck? Rubber is the non-conductive part.
That was a joke.

« Reply #1589 on: August 25, 2008, 09:06:04 AM »
The karts are made (partly) out of rubber, right? So, when the lightning hits them, it sends a shock wave through the pedal/steering wheel and shrinks the character.
But...why would electricity shrink people?  And why only in certain games?  That's the question!

Print