Print

Author Topic: The song that will never die  (Read 10307 times)

« on: April 21, 2005, 07:11:57 AM »
Hey everyone again!  Another topic and another one about favorite things.  Okay, this time I was just wondering, what are your favorite versions of the SMB overworld song? (or any Mario song!  Topic updated!)  There has to be like at least 50 of those, right?  Man, that song is going to be around forever I bet.

Anyway, my favorite version of that song so far is probably the one in the first SSB (also played shortly in Melee) that had the horns, but the one in PM:TTYD was also catchy. Oh, and I gotta mention this... one song I heard at OC Remix made me laugh for awhile.  The instruments kept changing, volume would shot up at one point, you could hear Mario's voice part way through (along with some little kid's), and these two guys were rapping about noodles.  Heh heh.  So what's your favorite version?

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 4/22/2005 12:31:15 PM
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 11:04:30 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 03:55:41 PM »
I like the "Super Pipe House" version from SMRPG that is mixed with the World 1 Map Screen in SMB3.  I believe that song is also in M&LSS on some map.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 04:53:17 PM »
Unsurprisingly, it's at the pipe transport map.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 06:29:35 PM »
That's a tough question. Hmmm . . . I don't really know, so I'll just say this for now. Maybe sometime later I'll be able to actually crack this cookie. Or maybe not.

Oh, and this one is kinda catchy, too. ;P

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 06:58:22 PM »
Uh, I guess I like the one in the version in SSBM the best. I can't really decide. The one in PM:TTYD is good, too.

Random Anime?Manga Quote:

"Oh God...Am I still a girl...or half of a gay couple?"--Kyo. Girl Got Game vol 7.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 07:41:10 PM »
My favorite version of the SMB theme is the one found in Super Mario All-Stars.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 08:29:52 PM »
Dirty Mix

Time slowed and Reality bent.

But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2005, 08:35:55 AM »
Um, the one in Super Mario Sunshine was cool (the underground one with the awesome levels there).  Also the one in super mario all-stars was kinda cool.  And I know there was another real cool one, but I'll post it when I can remember [wtd] it was.

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2005, 08:35:56 AM »
Um, the one in Super Mario Sunshine was cool (the underground one with the awesome levels there).  Also the one in super mario all-stars was kinda cool.  And I know there was another real cool one, but I'll post it when I can remember [wtd] it was.

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2005, 01:37:32 PM »
Yep, that's the one, TEM.  Just didn't want to say the name of it (even though it isn't bad).  Does anyone know what that weird voice says near the beginning?  And what it says after that? (I think it was "Hit-a select-a!" but I can't really tell).  "Yow!  Noodles!  Yow, yow!  Noodles!" XD

The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2005, 01:48:18 PM »
I wasn't linking it for you, that's my favorite version. But I'm glad to be of help any way.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2005, 02:26:47 PM »
I like the one in SMW.  You know, if you stay on the Special Zone map screen for 5 minutes(Like anyone has the time).  Gotta love the steel drums...
W/E

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2005, 06:12:23 PM »
That Dirty Mix was originally made with images too, called "Super Mario Blitz".  It's at Newgrounds, though, but it looks cool, plus the weird voice is a partially synthesized version of the creator's little brother, I think.  It spells out what he says when it's like "Hit-a Select-a" too.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2005, 06:23:06 PM »
Yeah Super Mario Blitz has really cool music.
Slap-Worthy!

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2005, 06:42:13 PM »
His little brother?  Heh, that explains the "you mean I have to start all over again?"

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2005, 09:34:18 PM »
It was the song that never diiiiess,
It comes with free ketchup and friiiiess.
It comes from Super Mario so therefore it is good,
Many different versions were made in our neighborhood,
'cause it's the song that never diiiiess,
etc.(sung to the tune of "the song that never ends")

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2005, 05:59:38 AM »
I liked the original when it speeds up when you have little time left.

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2005, 02:41:14 PM »
Me too.  Hey, Watoad, that Mushroom Kingdom Carnival song is neat (and yours was too, Markio ^_^) but what in the world is it about?  I understand the end since that's in English but what about the rest?  Can you translate it?  I can't believe someone actually put words to that song!

EDIT: Anyone who has not heard Insomnic's SMB2 OC Remix has no idea what they're missing.  It will knock your socks off... and maybe your pants as well.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 4/26/2005 1:45:59 PM

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2005, 07:23:12 PM »
Bump!  I mean, uh... sorry for double posting here but I just thought I should mention this.  If anyone is looking for SMB music from SSBM to download they can find them here.  So, in case anyone is interested just knock yourself out. :)

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 4/29/2005 6:24:18 PM

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2005, 09:54:25 PM »
Holy cow, a triple bump!  Don't worry, I have a good reason to bump this (good enough so I don't get banned I hope).  You may or may not remember how I said that while I was at camp I heard a neat version of SMB sung by the Iowa state singers, Shy of a Dozen.  It was in a talent show and I heard the music but didn't see it because I was having an important conversation with a friend outside the chapel as it happened.  Well I found their web page, but now I want to find where I can download it so I can hear it again.  If anyone can find it, that would rock!  Otherwise I might have to buy the CD XD.

http://www.music.iastate.edu/org/shy/repertoire.html

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 9/2/2005 9:00:42 PM

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2005, 12:01:45 AM »
For clarifications sake, Dirty Mix was created and placed on OverClocked Remix. Mortis, a fellow who made a variety of flash movies heard the song and created the flash movie "Super Mario Blitz." The song's and flash's creators are not one in the same.

My favorite version of the theme is probably   SMRPG-Super Pipe House, like whomever mentioned it already.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2005, 03:30:26 PM »
"The instruments kept changing, volume would shot up at one point, you could hear Mario's voice part way through (along with some little kid's), and these two guys were rapping about noodles."

Super Mario Blitz, right?
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2005, 09:42:13 AM »
Exactamondo!  You win a cookie.  Now I just want to find and hear the Shy of a Dozen song and I'll be happy (maybe).

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 9/9/2005 8:43:06 AM

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2005, 02:08:09 PM »
I like this one. Isn't the super Pipe House Mario's Pad?

Naruto, Code:Lyoko, Zatch Bell, Bomberman, and Mario Pwns.

Edited by - Aarom11 on 10/6/2005 1:16:46 PM

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2005, 05:16:51 PM »
The PMTTYD battle and the SMW special map.
Edit: Just remembered Super Koopa in PMTTYD.

It''s in a better place, Strong Bad. Or rather, it''s in the same place but now it''s got a big hole through it.

Edited by - Bird Person on 10/6/2005 4:19:23 PM
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2005, 06:51:44 PM »
The song called "Super Pipe House" plays in the area called "Mario's Pad".

“Of all the people I know, it is expected that Watoad will say ‘cheese’ first.”

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2005, 11:49:42 PM »
Two favorites of mine I can think of for now:

"The End" on SMRPG

SPECIAL World from SMW, which a few of you mentioned.

I also really like the version in Luigi's Mansion, when you activate all the instuments in the Conservatory. That's actually probably my all-time favorite version. Sadly, I don't have that song. ;_;

--------------------

Wise men talk because they have something to say;

fools, because they have to say something.

"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2005, 01:50:05 PM »
The songs i like from the mario series are Dr. Mario "FEVER", the classic smb overworld theme, Even though it has mario references "Italian Plumber Lawsuit", Dr. Mario Megavitamin Jazz OCremix, Go Go Mario from the Mario & Zelda big band cd & Dribble & Spitz's theme from WarioWare inc.
Loyal nintendo fan since 1991! WTMK Is the best radio station EVER! Super Mario will never die!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2005, 10:36:24 PM »
i like the smb theme song when it's played in luigi's mansion with all those cool instruments.

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2005, 11:02:01 PM »
Wow, another old topic that came back!  I'm lovin' it!  What would you guys think if I added a poll of our favorite Mario songs?  I could keep adding more songs every time someone suggested a new one.  Or not, that's cool. 

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2005, 07:41:51 AM »
Once upon a time, the SMB theme song (doo,doo,doo,dooo do do do) was rated somewhere in the top 10 ring tones.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2005, 11:22:58 AM »
I like the song "Super Mario Bros." by Phish. It basically is a Mario medley, it has the Overworld theme, plus the Underworld one somewhere in there. It's also really jazzy.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2005, 11:36:34 AM »
I gotta here that one!

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2005, 07:56:53 PM »
I got to here them all! Reading through all thish, I downloaded no less than 20 Mario songs! Must have more! I really like them all, so i don't have a favorite.
---Mario and Sonic shall clash together soon. Be on the lookout.---

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2005, 07:58:16 PM »
I must have more turtles, tortoises and sea turtles! Grow collection! Grow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2005, 03:38:32 PM »
If I get a cell phone, I want the kind you can record sounds on. My family's on Cingular and I'm probably getting a cell phone this year. Can you record sounds, or put MIDIs/WAVs/MP3s on them with a USB cord, because I don't want to have to pay for it XD
It's YOUR problem!

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2005, 07:05:21 PM »
The remix with a lot of the remixes combined with the original is my favorite.
He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2005, 06:58:45 PM »
I like the PM:TTYD start-screen the most. Oh, gosh. I wish I could find the guitar tabs for some of the parts... But I learned the Mario Main Theme on my guitar. It's actually not that hard. I mastered the entire song in less than two weeks. Mabey i'll customize it and record it for TMK. Deezer would need to help me out with posting it though...

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2005, 07:01:19 PM »
On a video game music website, there is a MIDI called Mario Band remix. It's pretty good.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2005, 09:02:34 PM »
The one place I go to for Mario Midis is www.vgmusic.com .
Is that what you were talking about PaperLuigi?
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2005, 09:43:14 PM »
Yes, that's it! It's an awesome place, aint it?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2005, 10:03:47 PM »
Yes, that is the greatest for MIDIs, I'm glad someone else from here goes there.
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2005, 10:43:36 PM »
I go there too.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2005, 01:16:00 AM »
I, too, go to vgmusic.com. Unfortunately, it lacks music from some games badly.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2005, 09:04:34 AM »
I really want Mario Kart stuff, they don't have much from games like: MKDD, MKSC, and MKDS. There is most likely more, but I can't remember what else. We are going off-topic slightly now, maybe we should stop.
I'm a horrible person.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2005, 01:34:47 PM »
I need more Mario tabs for guitar too. Gotta keep playing my Strat.

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2005, 07:35:44 PM »
How about when the smb theme is played in sms

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2005, 06:52:40 PM »
It's a good rendition of the classic SMB theme. But i liked the concert version on Mario & Zelda big band OST.
Loyal nintendo fan since 1991! WTMK Is the best radio station EVER! Super Mario will never die!!!!!!

Print