Print

Author Topic: Funny Video Game Moments  (Read 8998 times)

« on: December 20, 2005, 04:44:39 PM »
Anyone here had any hilarious glitches in a video game? Or mabey you came aross an easter egg that was funny. I have a few of my own stories.

Mario Kart DS:
 When I was playing online with someone, this person has lagging SO much! I mean like, REALLY lagging. During the entire race he LITTERALY kept flying around and going from last place to first! You could see him on top of the Mario Kart sign for a few seconds, then he would be running into the wall at a high speed for a minute! I was just watching him fly around everywhere instead of racing. Has anyone else seen someone lag that much? That was the funniest thing I have ever seen...

Zelda: Ocarina of Time:
 One day, I was just playing around as young Link, beating up all the Stalchilds(skeleton like guys) at night time in Hyrule Field. I was really bored, so I just kept fighting them and leading them to traps and such. Then here is where a really strange glitch happened. I was seeing if I could kill them by rolling in to them, and when I rolled, I was stuck in the same position upside down while I kept going strait! It was weird! For some reason I kept gaining speed too, and when I got to a wall, I was going as fast as riding full speed on Epona! I hit the wall and got up like nothing happened. Weird...

Please post your crazy, glitchy stories!

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 06:02:47 PM »
I was once in an online race in MKDS and someone ahead of me got blue shelled. Then I finished first, and he was last b/c everyone was behind me.

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 06:28:07 PM »
That actually happens often, if you saw Suffix's last sig:

"Blue shell on the last leg of the last lap. Typical."

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 06:54:15 PM »
Mario Kart is infamous for it's glitches. I was playing Block Fort with my sister, and I smashed into her kart. We drove into a wall, and then she went right through it.....into some water. I've got more, but I'm sure you've heard them all.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 06:58:10 PM »
I was racing Khold in MKDS and I blue shelled myself twice!

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005, 06:59:44 PM »
I was racing Khold in MKDS and I blue shelled myself twice!
Yeah, but for some reason everytime you bumped me, I went further than usual and kept on hitting a wall.

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2005, 07:00:51 PM »
Yeah, but for some reason everytime you bumped me, I went further than usual and kept on hitting a wall.

Maybe because you don't want to get hit by the star I got in 1st place?

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2005, 07:04:15 PM »
;D

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2005, 08:21:38 PM »
Here's another with Mario Kart DS, when I was playing online a few seconds ago when I was trying to find Aarom11, these other three guys came instead. Then at the near excact same time, we all picked Luigi and the Poltergust 4000! But, then, we all chose Figure 8 Circut at the same time! Has that happened to anyone?

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2005, 04:20:38 PM »
Try to think back to the times in video games that made you lol.  Whether it was a funny movie, a small joke, some sort of glitch, or something that wasn't even meant to be funny (such as Peach's blonde moments).  For instance, just a little while ago while, playing The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker, I started laughing when Link had placed the orbs/pearls/whatever you want to call those round things in all the statues. 
Well, first of all he thought the statue would blow up because it started shaking violently!  He had dived under the grass for shelter, plugging his ears, only to find that it simply stopped shaking.  So he walked back up to the statue.  THEN it blew up. 
Link flew off somewhere through the air, screaming, and the scenerio changes to the Temple of the Gods Tower thingy rising out of the sea.  It's huge, magnificent, and the music is in a serious and gallant tone.  The movies really focuses on the tower for a while.  Suddenly, you hear Link screaming, and he falls from the sky straight into the tower wall with a -SPLAT-.  He stays there for a little while, his face in pain, the music suddenly turning a bit childish at that point, and then he slides down the wall into the sea.  Acting as though that never happened, the heroic music starts playing again as the tower rises up ever further. 
Oh that was great.  The King of Red Lions just comes over and shakes his head.  Hero of time my ear! Haha!  Okay, you tell one!
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2005, 04:45:44 PM »
In SM64DS, Wario had made his way into the small chamber under the castle. You know, the one that used to be the holding place for the blue cap in SM64. He makes a jump and fall all the way down. His health meter is one point away from 0. Just then, a weird looking creature spits fire at him. He jumps to put it out but falls into the black abyss. Whenb he appears in the water hole by the falls outside Peach's castle, floats to the top.....dead. Hahahaha. That's a good one.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 04:49:21 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2005, 04:46:56 PM »
i thought it was funny on PM: TTYD when peach kept mumbling thing under her breath the first time you got to talk to TEC
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2005, 12:38:12 PM »
In PM: TTYD, Flavio cracks me up, just because he's a complete and total idiot. X)
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2005, 12:45:30 PM »
ya, he's obsessed with the dumb stone.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2005, 06:21:30 PM »
I already made a topic like this. Mabey an admin can merge them.

That is funny, though. I love Paper Mario: TTYD. I sure hope there will be more Paper Mario games on the DS and GCN. ;)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2005, 06:35:56 PM »
Merged. ;) (I went with the second title and in General Chat, though.)
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2005, 10:18:02 PM »
In Zelda: A Link to the Past, try smacking a chicken over and over again. Go on, try it.
every

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2005, 11:43:08 PM »
That's fun. ;D But, that's in all Zelda games. Except in Wind Waker, you hit the pigs. Unlike the cuccoos, they don't catch up with you. Keep rolling and you will eventually get out of their reach.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2006, 01:07:32 AM »
I tried that chicken thing before, a whole swarm of (whoops!  Spoiler!) it's a bad consequence.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2006, 01:17:44 AM »
Well, I know this sounds a bit sadistic, but I'll have to go with running over padestrians in Grand Theft Auto III like there worthless bags of garbage.

Another funny moment is when you have to fight a giant singing mountain of feces in Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Last but not least, just about everything in any Wario Ware game.
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2006, 01:22:57 AM »
that's gross!!!!!!!!!!!

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2006, 01:17:01 PM »
thats nothing when you play conker's bad fur day...

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2006, 01:18:54 PM »
Sometimes I just play SM64DS for no reason whatsoever just trying to find secrets and glitches....I did find some however!

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2006, 01:20:17 PM »
i've seen it being played. my mom would've killed (literally) me if she saw me playing a M rated game that was friggin stupid. anyway, it was to dumb and i would never play it.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2006, 01:21:30 PM »
Whats worse? halo? or Conker's bad fur day?

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2006, 01:28:14 PM »
whats halo?

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2006, 01:48:11 PM »
i've seen it being played. my mom would've killed (literally) me if she saw me playing a M rated game that was friggin stupid. anyway, it was to dumb and i would never play it.

How can you tell if something is dumb if you have never actually played it? That's as bad as someone who says "I hate Lord of the Rings", even though they have not seen it.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2006, 01:55:03 PM »
Haha, seen it.
That was a joke.

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2006, 02:05:40 PM »
I was racing in MKDS once online, I beat everybody by 15 seconds. The other 2 people were still racing. Then the person waited by the finish line and when the other guy came, he crossed the line. I was cracking up.

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2006, 06:56:53 PM »
i dont like games like that if it makes you feel any better Poop Dude. it seemed dumb to me but that's just my opinion. i can have my own opinion, cant i?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2006, 08:17:47 PM »
I remember, in Max Payne, there was this elevator at one point. Once you got in it, this crappy elevator musak started playing. You could shoot the speakers, and Max would reply "Thank you!"
every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2006, 08:27:07 PM »
I was playing SSBM, a bunch of melees just me and a CPU, handicapped a 1. I was Yoshi, the CPU  was Ness. I ate Ness with B a few times before killing him. At one time, I paused it because my mom wanted my laundry. It was at the perfect moment where Yoshi was all fat. I have a picture, but no USB cable to pyut it in my computer right now. I should be getting one soon.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2006, 08:30:42 PM »
i dont like games like that if it makes you feel any better Poop Dude. it seemed dumb to me but that's just my opinion. i can have my own opinion, cant i?

Not if you've never actually played the game. That's as bad as those annoying Naruto fanboys who hate the dub, though they probably have not seen it, just because it's edited down to a TV-PG rating.

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2006, 08:41:07 PM »
oh. i wont speak of this again. but that how i feel about it.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2006, 12:04:15 PM »
there's some idoits at my school who hate, for some reason, DS's but never played em'

I always bring my DS to school... I play it at lunch

When ever they see me now, they always say "wanna play my DS?" (never understood it neway)

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2006, 12:22:22 PM »
I have a funny/really weird moment from Halo 2:

I was playing co-op with one of my friends, and we saw one of the marines kill another one, which rarely ever happens. So I said, "Did you just see that marine kill that other one?". Then the marine that killed the other actually said, "It was him, not me!", and it pointed in the direction of the screen, so it looked like he was pointing to us. It was strange...
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2006, 01:37:07 PM »
I like how Bowser always shows up late in Mario Party 3's Story mode.  He hops around like an idiot rambling while his two midget minions look around, and they say that they already left.

I also laugh at CPUs when they lose at Game Guy mini games. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Print