Print

Author Topic: Mario Bar  (Read 681545 times)

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #2535 on: March 08, 2005, 02:31:30 PM »
I cracked up at that one, Markio. ;)

I own an iPod myself, and it's just great. Although I would never want to try to listen to 180 songs while riding on the bus for an hour, it's really nice to have over 1800 songs to choose from at any time during that ride. So no matter what I feel like listening to, it's right there, and I can listen to it. Taking all 200 or so of my CDs along with me would not be practical.

It's also really nice not to have to change CDs when one ends. It's just a constant stream of music I like, as if it were my own radio station without ads or announcements (i.e. without interruptions). As convenient as CDs are, I have found my iPod to be a good three times more convenient, if that's quantifiable.

My main reason for having an iPod, though, is that it displays the track, album, and composer/artist names as I'm listening to my music, as well as the elapsed and remaining track times—all of which are important to me. Before I had to refer to lists on paper if I wanted to know what I was listening to, and that was kind of a pain.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #2536 on: March 08, 2005, 02:43:59 PM »
Incidentally 90–100% of her problems occur within either Microsoft Word or Microsoft PowerPoint, but I won't go into that aspect.

If she's just giving presentations, what else would you see her using in class?

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2537 on: March 08, 2005, 03:04:00 PM »
True, iPods have their advantages, but i don't ride in a bus for an hour or have moments when I can just sit and listen to music.  I guess I'd rather read a book.  It sure is annoying when people look at me like I'm an idiot because I don't have one, though.  Then again, I don't like the "what's this weirdo's deal?" look either... maybe that's why I go a message board.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #2538 on: March 08, 2005, 03:10:56 PM »
I would very much like to see her using this instead:

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2539 on: March 08, 2005, 05:28:15 PM »
I don't understand your sig, Watoad.  It makes too much sense.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #2540 on: March 08, 2005, 06:04:14 PM »
^_^

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2541 on: March 08, 2005, 08:39:06 PM »
A podium?

Comments:
I don't understand the iPod craze, and I don't understand why people feel compelled to own one.

If you know how to use any software properly, it will work for you.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #2542 on: March 08, 2005, 09:36:18 PM »
This is the reason for the iPod craze, Chup.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #2543 on: March 08, 2005, 11:04:06 PM »
*wonders if people even read what he takes the time to type*

« Reply #2544 on: March 09, 2005, 01:55:34 AM »
Markio does, he even read the sig. :P

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #2545 on: March 09, 2005, 02:16:46 AM »
Yeah, Markio's a pretty cool guy, isn't he?

Markio, you are now on my special list. ~_^

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2546 on: March 09, 2005, 06:35:39 PM »
I know I'm getting around when I'm equally grateful and scared of someone.

Lizard Dude, for a second I thought you meant the iPod craze was over whether Napoleon Dynamite or the Robin Williams robot from that movie could dance better, but that was just the advertisement(Napoleon at 68%, yeah!).

Edited by - Markio on 3/9/2005 4:36:19 PM

« Reply #2547 on: March 09, 2005, 07:44:29 PM »
I went birthday shopping today and bought a Mario KLIK and WarCraft II: Battle.net Edition for a grand total of $6.28. Because you can never have enough WarCraft II's.

Edited by - Lizard Dude on 3/9/2005 6:22:17 PM

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #2548 on: March 22, 2005, 03:25:30 AM »
I was reading a post linked to in the chat room, and I felt compelled to say this: I am so grateful that these forums do not have a built-in quoting function. Such a thing would destroy this place.

« Reply #2549 on: March 22, 2005, 03:39:33 AM »
> I was reading a post linked to in the chat room, and I felt compelled to say this: I am so grateful that these forums do not have a built-in quoting function. Such a thing would destroy this place.

Yeah.

Print