Print

Author Topic: Raccoon Sam presents: Super Princess Peach, Lost bytes.  (Read 9464 times)

« on: July 29, 2006, 11:34:02 PM »
Apparently, Starting from 0x010EEE1C, there's a nice amount of unused sprites on Super Princess Peach.
The Koopa Kids!

Unfortunately, only one of them is ripped. With pain.
After opening the ROM on a tile viewer and creating a custom palette, I was ready to go.
With a 3.5 hour Ripping process involving 3 liters of Coca Cola, I finally had managed to get them.
There are also Other Koopa Kids, Ludwig, Wendy, etc.. But I don't feel like ripping them now..
Please enjoy it. I've also ripped Peach But It's somewhere in the depths of my photobucket.

It is believed that the Koopa Kids are accessible only through a process which involves Legend of Stafi. In case you didn't know, if you have Legend of Stafi on your GBA slot while playing SPP, you'll eventually see Stafi himself. This has not been proven yet, but is a popular belief.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 08:12:32 AM »
It looks like Morton's special power involved taking deep breaths...

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 09:35:11 AM »
Good Job!

Are these for the US or Japanese version?

I've seen Stafi several times in my imported copy of SPP, but have never caught him.  Stafi is the only enemy I'm missing.  I don't have Legend of Stafi GBA.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 09:37:47 AM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 10:44:19 AM »
Thanks, Racoon Sam. The spirtes look Great!

It's a cryin' shame that the koopa kids never made it into the final game...but Morton looks strange when he's "inflated", though.

Makes you wonder why they were cut in the first place. They would have made great Bosses! Or, at least great mini bosses.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 11:11:12 AM »
I'm fairly sure you can get Stafi in SPP without having a Stafi game in the GBA slot at all.
That was a joke.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 02:23:27 PM »
Makes you wonder why they were cut in the first place. They would have made great Bosses! Or, at least great mini bosses.
Maybe they would gave made the game too hard.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 06:47:56 PM »
Maybe they would gave made the game too hard.

That seems plausible. Perhaps the designers wanted more variety when it came to the bosses? Just a thought...
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 06:58:52 PM »
Or maybe they desided to keep them for NSMB2?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 07:01:05 PM »
They'd have to make 3D models for NSMB2.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 12:10:44 PM »
Thanks, you all.
I suppose Morton was supposed to be a replacement for Petey Piranga, considering they both inflate.
On a second note, has anyone actually played this game, because I found a Wiggler also, and I don't know exactly is he in the game. When I found these, I actually didn't get surprised. I thought they were on the game! Until when people started disbelieving me, I understood that they were beta stuff...

So I don't know anything about this game, so if anyone can clear up some stuff to me, I'd be very grateful.
First off, is there a huge Wiggler in the game?

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 02:47:08 PM »
Dude, you GOTTA put up the rest of the Koopa Kids.  Those sprites are AWESOME.
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2006, 05:35:02 AM »
I will rip them someday, I promise.
I tried ripping Ludwig, but it's way too compilcated.
He's splitted, so I have to rip two times to get only ONE sprite.

It'll take hours.

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2006, 08:46:55 AM »
Don't worry about that.  By spreading the word, you've piqued some interest and set groundwork for someone else to carry the torch.  If that never happens, it's simply because tbe desire isn't there.  Personally, I find Lost Bytes really interesting.  Thanks for sharing.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2006, 09:01:17 AM »
I also acquired the Peach Expressions.
Here's a sample:

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2006, 04:46:49 PM »
Here's to showing the world that I don't know how to rip sprites.  [size=0pt]Yet.[/size]

Print