Print

Author Topic: How to hit over 1200 feets at SSBM??  (Read 1793 times)

RPG

« on: October 07, 2002, 04:32:15 PM »
I tired to hit sandbag more farther than 1000 feets.

I use a Roy and I put a button of up A, up A and hold B until hit the sandbag. Then reach over 900 feets. I got 1001.9 feets.

And I using Yoshi and I tired to hit more more farther than 1000 feets to get serect stage. I got only 1038.5 feets when I put jump and press down+A 2 times until hit the sandbag. Then I using another key are down+B and triple then ran out of time and miss to hit the sandbag to go over 1700 feets.

Understood??
Paul Bateson

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2002, 06:24:56 PM »
dont mind my saying BUT your grammer is terrible!!

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2002, 07:31:24 PM »
You can get a pretty good score with Fox, just hammer B to fire his Blaster as fast as you can, and leave just enough time for a good Smash.

I got a good score with Roy too, skip picking up the bat, Smash up a few times, and leave enough time to fully charge his blade by holding B. Ideally, hit the bag as it's falling. Roy should take 10% damage and the explosion will send Sandbag really far, I got about 1300 feet.

Yoshi's strategy of lots of downward kicking works for Jigglypuff too, I've got about 1200 feet with her.

And I got around 1300 with Ganondorf, I forget how...I think it was lots of upward Smashing and a right Smash as the bag was falling...Just be careful to time his Smashes so that the bag goes up and not forward. Good luck!

"Like the moon over
 the day, my genius and brawn
 are lost on these fools."
       -Bowser, SMRPG

Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?
Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2002, 08:57:53 PM »
I got this great strategy from one of the guid books
1.Choose yoshi
2.when in HWcontest, first pick up bat
3.turn around and use down+B(you should hit the sand bag in the middle and not with one of the stars)
4.the bag sould be almost at the end of the platform, so instead of running to it, jump and press down+A to do his flutter kick on the way over there
5. once there, continue flutter kick till the very last second
6.LET 'ER RIP!!!!

It worked for me, but it took a very long time for me to master it and get the secret stage. DON'T GIVE UP!!!!
"Tetris: the movie"
Yeah, I can see that. A guy throwing bricks out of a window for 2 hours.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2002, 09:52:53 PM »
I've gotten like 1800 feet with Yoshi...
1. Start
2. Tap left very lightly, Hit A (he picks it up from where he was standing at the start)
3. Tap right
4. Hit X very lightly, hit down very lightly, and hit A
5. Repeat as time allows
6. SMASH!!!

Dexter, boy genius...Dexter, the cookie
That was a joke.

Print