Print

Author Topic: TV this fall  (Read 26607 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2008, 04:26:01 PM »
No, it's more like they've been replaced with a quota of at least one disturbing facial expression and/or mangling of a character per episode. There was one where Spongebob was accidentally smacking Squidward in the face and the guy looked like a Licker when it was over.

Also...

Ah, that's better.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2008, 04:56:01 PM »
I'll just throw it out there, the show began to suck sometime in 2002 or 2003. It was at is best in 2001, with The Bully being the best episode to speak of.

I got a kick out of the "chocolate" YTMNDs.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2008, 05:22:20 PM »
Yeah, The Bully is another awesome episode. I like how they got Thomas F. Wilson to play Flats. .
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2008, 06:02:58 PM »
Remember in the Bully episode when the doctor told Flats that Spongebob saved his life by performing CPR for 5 hours straight?  That was hilarious the first time I saw it.  One of my favorite "newer" episodes is the one where Spongebob accidentally broke squidwards face with a door which strangly made him beautiful!  That episode was really funny!
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2008, 06:51:39 PM »
Remember in the Bully episode when the doctor told Flats that Spongebob saved his life by performing CPR for 5 hours straight?  That was hilarious the first time I saw it.  One of my favorite "newer" episodes is the one where Spongebob accidentally broke squidwards face with a door which strangly made him beautiful!  That episode was really funny!

Actually that one was pretty good in my opinion (Compared to the rest of season 5, ugh)

oh and:

Now that's what made the earlier seasons so great.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2008, 08:31:20 PM »
My two favorite episodes are Shanghai'd and Bubble Buddy.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2008, 08:37:43 PM »
Shanghai'd is too funny. I love it when Patrick acts like an idiot with the wishes Flying Dutchman gives him.

"Wishes? I wish we had known that earlier!"

*the clock turns back to 2:00*

"Okay, you've got two wishes."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2008, 09:11:33 PM »
I was LOLing until it hurt the first time I saw the "Fly of Despair".

You know what... let's just make this the SpongeBob thread.

Yeah, The Bully is another awesome episode.
Indeed, but I'm somewhat embarassed to say that, on the occasions that I catch a rerun of it, I spend the majority of the time brainstorming "Unnecessary Censorship"-style bleepings:

"Wow, that's really nice of you. I'll have to remember that when I'm ****ing your butt."

"Run! Run! Can't you see he's going to **** my butt!?!?"

"It's butt-****ing time."

Once again, I apologize.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2008, 07:39:11 AM »
"Run! Run! Can't you see he's going to **** my butt!?!?"

ROFL!!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2008, 04:28:06 PM »
Did anybody happen to catch that trailer for the Spaceballs animated series on G4? If I facedpalmed any harder, I'd get a concussion (no, I don't even want to post a link, even if it has Princess Peach with giant breasts in it).

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2008, 05:49:42 PM »
POST THE LINK!!!!!

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2008, 07:45:45 PM »
Either this guy has just entered puberty, or is he's trying way too hard to prove he isn't gay.

« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2008, 10:45:46 PM »
MushroomJunkie, I'll say it again. You said you're a Christian, so start behaving like one. Stop lusting after women and start focusing on other things. "All flesh is grass." It doesn't last forever, and in the end it is a person's character that attracts you to them. I'm not trying to be mean or take a "holier than thou" position here, I'm trying to get you to follow the moral code we're supposed to uphold. If, by any chance, you're trying to prove you're not gay, don't. We already know that you aren't, so don't try to hammer it into our heads. Just step back, take a deep breath and tackle your problem. If lust is your biggest weakness, you have to try extra hard to rid yourself of it. There are several things you can do to accomplish this. The best and most basic way to do this is recognize that a female's body isn't everything and that you'll find love in its purist form somewhere down the road. It isn't always easy to except, but you'll find that you'll be able to do more once you stop focusing on the flesh and start focusing on someone's character.

I hope you take what I've said into consideration, MJ. You don't need to stop lusting after a woman to show how righteous you are or how pure you are amongst other people, because doing that is also a sin (pride). You have to stop lusting because it is the right thing to do. It's only hurting yourself and distracting you from all the good in the world. And in extreme cases like rape, lusting hurts the one you are lusting after. In all honesty, is it that big of a deal that ShadowBrain didn't post the link? Peach is a cartoon character. She can't return the "love'' you apparently have for her, thus your feelings serve to benefit no one but yourself. It all boils down to your own selfish desire. Do you want to convey those feelings to other people when your own moral code forbids them? What does that say about your faith? What does that say about your love to God, who tells you to abandon your selfish desires? These are all things I want you to consider before you think about another person's physical being. Again, I'm not trying to show that I am holy or perfect (because I'm not), rather, I am trying to tell you that in order to uphold your moral code, you must abide by it in public (amongst people) and in private (amongst God).

This message is obviously not for people who don't abide by the Christian moral code. If you don't, that's perfectly fine. Just ignore the post.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 08:10:26 AM by PaperLuigi »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2008, 04:55:33 AM »
My guess is that he's trying to be funny.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2008, 06:25:06 AM »
MushroomJunkie, I'll say it again. You said you're a Christian, so start behaving like one. Stop lusting after women and start focusing on other things. "All flesh is grass." It doesn't last forever, and in the end it is a person's character that attracts you to them. I'm not trying to be mean or take a "holier than thou" position here, I'm trying to get you to follow the moral code we're supposed to uphold. If, by any chance, you're trying to prove you're not gay, don't. We already know that you aren't, so don't try to hammer it into our heads. Just step back, take a deep breath and tackle your problem. If lust is your biggest weakness, you have to try extra hard to rid yourself of it. There are several things you can do to accomplish this. The best and most basic way to do this is recognize that a female's body isn't everything and that you'll find love in its purist form somewhere down the road. It isn't always easy to except, but you'll find that you'll be able to do more once you stop focusing on the flesh and start focusing on someone's character.

I hope you take what I've said into consideration, MJ. You don't need to stop lusting after a woman to show how righteous you are or how pure you are amongst other people, because doing that is also a sin (pride). You have to stop lusting because it is the right thing to do. It's only hurting yourself and distracting you from all the good in the world. And in extreme cases like rape, lusting hurts the one you are lusting after. In all honesty, is it that big of a deal that ShadowBrain didn't post the link? Peach is a cartoon character. She can't return the "love'' you apparently have for her, thus your feelings serve to benefit no one but yourself. It all boils down to your own selfish desire. Do you want to convey those feelings to other people when your own moral code forbids them? What does that say about your faith? What does that say about your love to God, who tells you to abandon your selfish desires? These are all things I want you to consider before you think about another person's physical being. Again, I'm not trying to show that holy or perfect, rather, I am trying to tell you that in order to uphold your moral code, you must abide by it in public (amongst people) and in private (amongst God).

This message is obviously not for people who don't abide by the Christian moral code. If you don't, that's perfectly fine. Just ignore the post.

Wow.  I didn't ignore the post but you really didn't have to make it so long.  I get what your saying.

Either this guy has just entered puberty

My sources say I'm 15.

My guess is that he's trying to be funny.

I don't think you know me very well lol. :)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 02:40:35 PM by MushroomJunkie »

Print