Print

Author Topic: TV this fall  (Read 26603 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2008, 07:11:48 AM »
Hey, I don't to be responsible for anyone getting blasted around here... (but I think he was just kidding. Though, still, I have to agree with PaperLugi).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2008, 08:08:16 AM »
Wow.  I didn't ignore the post but you really didn't have to make it so long.  I get what your saying.

If I had made it short, would you have payed attention? Those are all important things you need to consider. A short post wouldn't have sufficed.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2008, 09:21:54 AM »
Though, still, I have to agree with PaperLugi).

Are you a Christian?
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2008, 10:33:08 AM »
No, he is not. That doesn't mean he can't agree with my opinion on the matter, because this can be looked at from both a secular and religious point of view. Just because I am telling you this under the Christian name doesn't mean that the message is totally exclusive to us. I am taking a Christian/religious point-of-view because you said you were Christian/religious and are not abiding by our moral code, which tells us very clearly that it is wrong to lust. I thought that if I just said "stop lusting" without explaining that your own religion forbids it, you wouldn't have listened. If you are a Christian, the Christian moral code should play a huge part in your life. Christianity is more than just loving God, MJ. You have to perform good works unto your neighbor, and lusting isn't one of them.

This message is obviously not for people who don't abide by the Christian moral code. If you don't, that's perfectly fine. Just ignore the post.

Looking back on it, I probably shouldn't have said "This message is not for people who don't abide by the Christian moral code." I probably should've said "If you aren't Christian, get what you can out of it without looking at it from a religious perspective." ShadowBrain can agree with my opinion from a secular point of view (because lusting is wrong no matter how you look at it), but I looked at it from a religious perspective in order to influence you. If I wanted to influence someone who wasn't religious, I would do my best to take a secular stance. However, because we are both Christians, it is easier for me to explain things to you. Do you understand what I'm saying? It probably wouldn't have hit home as much if I hadn't mentioned your Christian moral code because you don't see things from a secular point of view.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 10:59:28 AM by PaperLuigi »

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2008, 11:30:03 AM »
I don't think you know me very well lol. :)

Then I'm afraid castration is the only logical action.

« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2008, 11:40:36 AM »
Well, that's one way to kill your desire for the flesh...

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2008, 12:10:07 PM »
I was going to respond to MJ's "POST THE LINK!" but it seems PL has pretty much said what I was going to say.

I would like to add that, according to Romans 8:7, if you're letting your sinful nature control your thoughts, you aren't even loving God.  Also, remember 1 Corinthians 10:13, you will never be tempted with anything you can't overcome through faith.  You can do it, MJ!

Well, that's gotta be my most "religious" post yet :)

"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2008, 01:41:26 PM »
Then I'm afraid castration is the only logical action.

That was even more perverted then anything I have ever wrote. 

I was going to respond to MJ's "POST THE LINK!" but it seems PL has pretty much said what I was going to say.

I would like to add that, according to Romans 8:7, if you're letting your sinful nature control your thoughts, you aren't even loving God.  Also, remember 1 Corinthians 10:13, you will never be tempted with anything you can't overcome through faith.  You can do it, MJ!

You all say your not Christians, yet you all talk like you are.  I don't understand.....
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 01:45:20 PM by MushroomJunkie »
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2008, 02:04:30 PM »
I'll just add in Matthew 5:27-30 again. And...

You all say your not Christians, yet you all talk like you are.  I don't understand.....
I can't speak for the others, but I'm a Christian. In fact, it's what my name refers to, as some people may have picked up on already.

As for TV, I thought the House season premiere was pretty good. The end felt a bit rushed, but for the most part, it was a nice return to form after the mediocre finale last season.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2008, 02:49:18 PM »

When did I say that? I said that ShadowBrain wasn't a Christian, but he agrees with me because the issue can be viewed from both a secular and religious perspective. Even though the two of us look at it differently, we both came to the conclusion that lust is a bad thing. I am a Christian and you are a Christian, therefore, I communicated to you by appealing to your Christian morale. If you don't want me to do that, ask someone who is not a Christian on why lust is bad.

Here, maybe I'm using too many complicated words and phrases. Try this, MJ:

Secular perspective: This is how someone like ShadowBrain might view lust: "Lust is bad because it can lead to rape. It can also, over time, disconnect the person who is lusting from reality. To stop lusting, go to a help center or find other activities to do. Playing a football game, lifting weights, drawing, writing...these are all activities that can help you get your mind off lusting."

I am not very good at trying to help you with your lust through the secular perspective because I do not view the world in that way. You wouldn't know it just by speaking to me over the forum, but I wasn't very confident when I offered the secular advice. This is because I am religious and know how to deliver advice on lust through a religious perspective. You also see things from a religious perspective because you are Christian. If you are not (don't worry, I don't think you are lying), ask someone who isn't religious for help. They can help you over come your lust by offering secular advice.

Religious perspective: This is how someone like CrossEyed7 might view lust: "Lust is bad because it fulfills selfish and sinful desires; it serves to benefit no one but yourself. It can also cause you to bring harm to your fellow neighbor, and it disconnects you from the good in the world, and ultimately, God. To stop lusting, think about the Christian moral code you are supposed to uphold. If that still doesn't work, pray about it or go to church and ask for help."

This is the best way I can help you because I see things through a religious perspective. Even though I suggested that you find secular advice, that in no way suggests that I am not Christian. I did that to differentiate between the two types of ways that can influence you to stop lusting. Because you are a Christian, I did my best to aid you through religious means. I just had to elaborate on this because you questioned whether or not ShadowBrain, who agreed with my conclusion, was a Christian.

Boo Dudely was just joking. He does not think that you should be castrated. You, on the other hand, have openly admitted that you never kid about lusting after a woman's body. Yes, it's disgusting when you post about castrating another member (I don't know if I should laugh), but it's even more disgusting when you actually mean what you say about sex.

I'm just trying to help you. I've seen a lot of Christians claim they are faithful and then practice something that goes against their moral code.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 03:10:20 PM by PaperLuigi »

Boo Dudley

« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2008, 04:46:20 PM »

It works for dogs.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2008, 05:57:00 PM »
Actually, I'm cool with lust, as long as it's within acceptable boundaries. What I was agreeing with was how PL said it was kind of hypocritical for MJ, an alleged Christian, to profess such thoughts (though I also agree with him on the fact that you don't have to be religious to have a "religious" viewpoint).

...Oops, now they'll be on my case.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2008, 06:53:19 PM »
What's going on here?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Boo Dudley

« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2008, 08:13:21 PM »
We're revoking MushroomsJunkies... junk for the good of woman kind.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2008, 09:07:13 PM »
I feel a sudden, bizarre urge to see some sort of cartoon of everyone on the FF doing that (discreetly, of course. Maybe all of our backs to the viewer, huddled in a circle).

Print