Print

Author Topic: MyBuzz! Mario/Nintendo Quiz Questions?  (Read 4376 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: October 04, 2008, 04:15:31 PM »
Sony recently added Buzz! Quiz TV to the series on PS3.  This new version has several online modes and add-on content.  The official content on the PSN store includes 500 video game questions to add to the game, but of course none of them involve Mario or even Nintendo.  Sony also has a feature in the game where users can create quizzes to be played on the PS3 or online. 

I thought it'd be cool if we developed our own Mario/Nintendo related questions for the series.  Since I have the game and a PSN account I can add questions to the games servers.  Of course others can post questions too.

Each quiz consists of eight questions with four possible answers each.  Each question can contain up to 75 characters and spaces, but some special characters like "&" are not allowed.  Each answer can contain up to 40 characters and spaces.

If you want to reply with questions for our quiz banks please format them as follows:  Put the questions on a single line.  The next line should be the correct answer.  The next three lines should be incorrect answers.  For example:

What is Mario's last name?
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Koopa

Here's a sample quiz I made that you can play online:  http://www.mybuzzquiz.com/en_US/actions/PlayQuiz.do?fileID=121702 
If you have a PSN account you can rate the quizzes, but anyone can play them.  Of course the PS3 version has a lot more to it than that simple quiz.

My PSN ID is "drshows".  If anyone else has a PS3 or MyBuzz! Quiz TV feel free to add me as a friend or post your own quizzes for us to play.

I already have some Mario/Nintendo questions, but I want to see what you guys come up with before I post a huge list.  Reply with as many or few questions as you like.  Thanks in advance for helping out.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 06:44:28 PM »
Mario

To quote the Nostalgia Critic, thats like something a little kid puts down on a test as a guess.

"Mario's last name is durrr Mario! And Luigi's last name is... Mario too! Because they're brothers! Oh wait no, Father & Son."

~ 2Italian
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 09:42:39 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGFRi_ueq-M

Even Miyamoto said they don't have surnames. I have no problem with Fanon, but not when you start stating it as fact.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 10:10:19 PM »
I meant that question and its answers as a quick example of format, not of content for the quiz.  I hadn't exactly ruled it out, but now I have.  Thanks for the input.  Got any questions for a quiz?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 10:19:31 PM »
Found out on an article somewhere that there's a generation of gamers today who don't know the first game that Mario appeared in, nor know what Yoshi's Final Smash in Smash Brawl originally comes from. So that might be an idea for questions, some common and obscure trivia for early games and character/thing first appearances. And that the name "Morton Koopa Jr." is a play off the name "Morton Downey Jr.", which explains the Jr. part. The Koopalings' names being based off of... what was it, celebrities and other famous people?

Maybe you could also ask what the Japanese names of Toad and a Koopa Troopa are.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 04:23:42 PM »
Kinopio and NokoNoko! Yay for me!

.. uh, I like this quiz idea, though it's kinda stupid that the correct answer has to be the first choice in the series of choices. Once somebody figures that out, they'll blaze through the quizzes, getting 100% (or whatever) just by marking the ifrst one.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 04:43:58 PM »
The correct answer goes first when creating the quiz so the program knows which answer is correct.  When you play the quiz it automatically puts them up random.  Here's some more I made:

80's Lyrics (Long Version)
80's Lyrics (medium version)
80's Lyrics (short version)

If you want you can post Mario/Nintendo questions here with answers in any order so other forum members can figure out the correct answer. 

Print