Print

Author Topic: What's next for 2D Mario Platformers?  (Read 28885 times)

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2009, 07:43:37 PM »
Du-du-dudu-du-dudududa-BA! (repeat obnoxiously)
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2009, 07:55:13 PM »
What?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2009, 08:04:13 PM »
Chup talks about how different the two games are, the music (with those unnecessary "Ba's") are still the same. So they aren't 100% different.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2009, 08:08:04 PM »
The game's main theme is the same as NSMB's, yes.
You really know how to be annoying, you know. There's nothing wrong with a little lo-fi chorus sample in a piece of music. Regardless of how it strikes you personally.
That was a joke.

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2009, 08:17:43 PM »
Someone who hates Wario Ware probably hates everything else.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2009, 08:29:15 PM »
I don't hate Wario Ware, I just like to pick on it :3

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2009, 09:50:42 PM »
You know, I like the sound of that "LAH! LAH!"
Also, the whole game somehow is undistinguished from NSMB DS because of the same main theme.
You know what, the Termina Field theme from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is a remix of the original Zelda field theme, thus, TLOZ: MM's soundtrack is a remix of the original Zelda's.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2009, 01:55:19 AM »
i agree with SML 2, it would be cool for bunny mario, as well as some of the cool villains

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2009, 02:45:11 AM »
I say have a re-release of SMAS + SMW (read: not as a main game entry, btw, before you all start denouncing it) with Wii-uh-fied graphics. I'd be happy with that.
Formerly quite reasonable.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2009, 07:13:57 AM »
It's kind of ironic that TV_Themes is [darn]ing NSMBW's originality for having the same theme as NSMB, when there's way more songs than that that the games share (or, at least more variations on the theme). Then again, it is the sequel to NSMB, so it serves to reason that it would have the same theme.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2009, 08:17:07 AM »
In any case, whoever didn't get their good music fix with NSMBW (and everyone should have with the Castle Theme, because that was positively epic) will get it next year with SMG2.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2009, 09:30:27 AM »
Assuming the MIDIs don't totally rape the tunes from the first game (which, judging by the trailer, I don't think they really will, but it'll still feel like a step backwards).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2009, 02:04:58 PM »
Why is literally everyone freaking out because the trailer had MIDI music in it? Do you really think Nintendo is gonna skimp out on drumming up the Mario Galaxy Orchestra and just throw some crappy MIDI music in there? (Keep in mind that this is coming from a guy who has lost a fair bit of faith in Nintendo these days.)

Galaxy 1 had MIDI music in its trailer and demo. Why has Galaxy 2's soundtrack instantly been written off as MIDI crap just because Nintendo didn't want to organize its orchestra for a trailer that's less than two minutes long?

Yeah, Nintendo doesn't really like to go the extra mile as of late (think NSMB Wii), but why the hell would they deal such a massive, deal-breaking blow to its growing, well-established Galaxy series?
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2009, 02:13:49 PM »
Galaxy 2 will have the same amazing orchestral soundtrack the first one did. There's nothing to fret about.

« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2009, 04:44:49 PM »
I just read this thread for the first time and my jaw was on the floor at all the claims of NSMBW being unoriginal and having nothing innovative. It has SIMULTANEOUS CO-OP for the entire actual game. That's what everyone begged for every single time a new take-turns game came out, when SM64 came out, and when SM64DS came out, and when everything else came out.

They add the element that the world begged for, for over two decades, and not just with two-player but with FOUR, and you all bash it. You fools.

Print